A Farewell Lunch At MK..

Login to post comments
30 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802
A Farewell Lunch At MK..

Hmm..I need your help here good friends..Our 5 ADRS have been done for our October vacation..YS...Jiko..AP...VN..and Sanaa..All evening meals..However our 12 night vacation has a 13 day....We don't fly till 8.00pm and intend to spend our last morning at MK..( bye bye ) So we are looking for a lunch ADR at Magic Kingdom...( not CS ). Where would you recommend.?.I know there's not a huge choice, but our usual lunch is a CS meal at WDW...Open to your suggestions..

AnnielovesDisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2013
Posts: 887

I know you said not CS, but I would absolutely choose Be Our Guest in MK for a farewell meal. I know it's technically a CS lunch, but their lunch is better than a few of the sit down restaurants in MK, and definitely not typical WDW CS food. The atmosphere alone makes it the most magical restaurant in MK, IMO. I can think of no better way to say good bye to a wonderful Disney vacation, than eating your last meal in a castle!!!

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

For TS in MK, my vote is usually for Tony's. I know that it's not exactly fine dining, but it's a lovely restaurant and the pistachio creme brulee makes the meal for me. I'm a big fan of the Spaghetti & Meatballs there and the Chicken Parmesan is also tasty. I've never eaten at Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern (trying in September) and getting a CRT ADR at this point may be quite a challenge. We ate at CRT on our honeymoon and the experience was really neat, but I don't remember the food specifically. I think Annie's suggestion of BOG is a good one. Another option would be to monorail/boat to one of the nearby resorts. Maybe Whispering Canyon at WL?

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Cheers Alice..Yeh we are staying at WL and may do a evening meal at Whispering Canyon, We intend to hit MK first thing in the morning, then head back to book out our room..Change our clothes for the flight home, then sail back to MK..But Annie's idea sounds kinda fun..I have looked at all availability..All have plenty of times..Liberty Tree has a menu that would suit all three of us, but I will check out BOG..Thanks..

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

We've never eaten at any MK table service restaurant, but whenever we get around to it, our first choice will be Liberty Tree Tavern for either lunch or dinner. IMO it has the most appealing menu of all the MK restaurants, including BOG (although if I ever get the chance I'll try that as well)

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

I would do Liberty Tree Tavern just for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake. It's soooo good! awesome

Offline
Joined: 05/13/2014
Posts: 58

Last trip we did lunch at both La Plaza and Liberty Tree. We enjoyed both but the pot roast and ooey gooey toffee cake at Liberty Tree makes it our favorite. We will have ADR for our September trip.

Tiggerbelle's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/27/2014
Posts: 89

Our traditional farewell lunch is at the Liberty Tree Tavern. I can't think of a better goodbye than the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

Liberty Tree Tavern is a good choice.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

I agree with Liberty Tree Tavern. It's one of my favorites. The Plaza is a good choice too.

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

We like The Plaza Restaurant a lot. Plus it's close to The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor for dessert for one of these!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg585.64 KB
Magic Days's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/02/2012
Posts: 601

Liberty tree has a lunch menu that we loved. Crystal palace is a must on our trips. In truth many times I just stare at the castle the whole time.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

OMG Hubs that is coolio!! Now I want one...

Put me in the Liberty Tree Tavern camp. We had lunch there once and it was truly an enjoyable meal. And I wasn't all that thrilled about trying it, but boy were we glad we did.

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Yeah, Liberty Tree is ours too for the DH loves the pot roast. I was going to suggest a late buffet breakfast if you can still snag an ADR.....

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Cheers Oldtink and everyone else for their inputs...There is lunch times available at Liberty and Whispering Canyon..We are not big breakfast fans so on that last day I believe we have to book out our room by 11.00 am, so we will have a light breakie and head for MK first thing...I'am trying to work out roughly what time we have to get on the ME coach..Maybe play it safe and make an ADR for WC...At least we will be back at our resort..

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

I'll throw my vote out for the Plaza!

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Personally i would skip MK and head for EPCOT .... just my 2 euro's worth

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Check my comments on your ME post about departure time from resort. If you fly out at say 5PM, then ME will usually ask for a three hour window prior, so you leave resort about 2, and then allow enough time to leave park to resort.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Thanks Oldtink ..

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Mrferret wrote:
Personally i would skip MK and head for EPCOT .... just my 2 euro's worth

We don't want to stray to far from our resort,hence a boat ride to MK...Also it's kinda a tradition to say farewell to our favourite park..

SpamGoddess's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/10/2013
Posts: 292

I'd go with The Plaza. Their menu seems the most appealing to me.

__________________

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

I'm going to vote for BOG lunch because that place was my most favourite meal of the whole holiday last year!!!!!

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

amy1989 wrote:
I'm going to vote for BOG lunch because that place was my most favourite meal of the whole holiday last year!!!!!

Was this the CS meal you had.?..

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
I'm going to vote for BOG lunch because that place was my most favourite meal of the whole holiday last year!!!!!

Was this the CS meal you had.?..

yep we did both CS and TS and for me CS was sooooooooo much better than TS we had pretty much the same meal but I felt like you got less for the TS price and more for the CS price - we managed to get FP about 3 times last year hoping for the same this year!

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

amy1989 wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
I'm going to vote for BOG lunch because that place was my most favourite meal of the whole holiday last year!!!!!

Was this the CS meal you had.?..

yep we did both CS and TS and for me CS was sooooooooo much better than TS we had pretty much the same meal but I felt like you got less for the TS price and more for the CS price - we managed to get FP about 3 times last year hoping for the same this year!

Whoa!...FP for a CS restaurant !....How does that work.?..Never heard of that before..Is this something that's only available for BOG..?

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
I'm going to vote for BOG lunch because that place was my most favourite meal of the whole holiday last year!!!!!

Was this the CS meal you had.?..

yep we did both CS and TS and for me CS was sooooooooo much better than TS we had pretty much the same meal but I felt like you got less for the TS price and more for the CS price - we managed to get FP about 3 times last year hoping for the same this year!

Whoa!...FP for a CS restaurant !....How does that work.?..Never heard of that before..Is this something that's only available for BOG..?

yeah its only available for BOG ill put the link on here you just log in with your MDE details and it comes up with a choice of dates - don't worry you haven't missed out yet we go before you and our dates are still not showing available times I've heard rumours that its 45 days out but last year we only got ours about a week or 2 before travel

highly recommend if you can get one because I don't fancy standing in the queue!!!!!

beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

amy1989 wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
I'm going to vote for BOG lunch because that place was my most favourite meal of the whole holiday last year!!!!!

Was this the CS meal you had.?..

yep we did both CS and TS and for me CS was sooooooooo much better than TS we had pretty much the same meal but I felt like you got less for the TS price and more for the CS price - we managed to get FP about 3 times last year hoping for the same this year!

Whoa!...FP for a CS restaurant !....How does that work.?..Never heard of that before..Is this something that's only available for BOG..?

yeah its only available for BOG ill put the link on here you just log in with your MDE details and it comes up with a choice of dates - don't worry you haven't missed out yet we go before you and our dates are still not showing available times I've heard rumours that its 45 days out but last year we only got ours about a week or 2 before travel

highly recommend if you can get one because I don't fancy standing in the queue!!!!!

beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

Cheers Amy...Learn something new everyday on this great site.. awesome

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

This has been posted about many many many times.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/theme-or-flavour#comment-1073788
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/new-lunchtime-reservations-be-our-guest
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/my-disney-experience-questions#comment-1054687
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/mandalynn-meganleighs-may-2014-pre-trip-report#comment-1063367

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

I know, I know, I'm late to the party.

The Watchmaker wrote:
We are looking for a lunch ADR at Magic Kingdom...

Liberty Tree Tavern would be my pick. There is a different menu there at lunch than for dinner and my understanding is that it's much more tasty. I'm not a fan of dinner there but I would do lunch again in a heartbeat. Plus - not quite as difficult to get in to.

Ms.Mouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2013
Posts: 358

I am going to put my vote in for BOG. We ate there twice because my husband said it was his favorite meal!! And the Grey Stuff really is delicious!!! laugh