First Disney Trip Halloween 2013

Login to post comments
65 posts / 0 new
Anonymous
First Disney Trip Halloween 2013

I am not good at this, but I will do my best to share my trip with you. Forgive me, I don't know all the acronym lingo yet.

This will be my first ever Disney trip. Yes, I am 45 years old, own ever Disney movie ever made and think Snitch was modeled after my youngest son's antics growing up. I can karaoke every song in every movie, believe in happily ever after but yet have never made it to Disney.

That all changes in less than a month thanks to the generosity of my husband. He promised when we met to take me, and he is fulfilling that promise. This is a double celebration for us. My hubby has worked hard for the last couple of years to finish his college degree that he never completed. He finished in July and will proudly walk across that stage. Secondly, it is for my first trip to Disney.

We will be driving down from Tennessee. We will spend three days at the beach, where he is graduating from and then drive over to Disney. This is what I know, so far.

Wednesday - travel to beach
Thursday - beach day
Friday - graduation day
Saturday - travel to Disney, DTD
Sunday - MK, ADR at Cinderella's Castle for lunch, MNSSHP
Monday- AK
Tuesday - Epcot, ADR for dinner
Wednesday - HS
Thursday - Open
Friday - Open, ADR for dinner
Saturday -travel home

My hubby has made most of the plans and wants to surprise me with some things. He's already started with finding this when I came home last night. Smile and he says there is more to come!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg128.74 KB

He sounds like a keeper. What a wonderful surprise. I arrive at Disney tomorrow and will be going to MNSSHP tomorrow night. Can't wait.

scorpio301's picture

This is sooo exciting !!! Congratulations to him for completing his degree !! Enjoy every moment of your trip !!! clapping stars

VelcroPooh

Oh, I'm jealous. The days can't get any slower for me. I hope you have a safe trip and wonderful time. I can't wait to hear about MNSSHP. I've already allotted money for a Mickey popcorn bucket!

JanJ's picture

So exciting to be seeing Disney World for the first time - you will love it. Enjoy and not to worry, it will be here before you know it.

Magic Days's picture

It will be here before you know it. Your first trip is so special. Have you made a list of shows or attractions that will be a must for you?

VelcroPooh

Magic Days wrote:
It will be here before you know it. Your first trip is so special. Have you made a list of shows or attractions that will be a must for you?

I kind of have a list....just from reading mostly. I did the online fast passes (3 a day) and picked all the main rides that I saw everyone was saying were long waits. Some I can remember, Thunder Mountain, Soarin, Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain, The Safari, Rock and Roll Coaster, TOT, and DH wanted Test Track and Buzz Lightyear something. I know I did a Mickey meet too but don't remember the rest.

I know I want to see all the fireworks and parades and anything pirate. Other than that, I'm sure I'll drive DH bonkers dragging him around going "Ooh what's that?"

VelcroPooh

Magic Mirror wrote:
Love the pumpkin jack..errr...mickey-o-lanterns!!

I like!

lolastardust's picture

Oh, how exciting! You will love Disney! And congratulations to your husband, of course. Smile x

VelcroPooh

Thank you, I'm about to bust as we are getting this close. I'm ready to go NOW! (and I normally have patience....)

We did receive a letter from POR yesterday advising us that we will not have a refrigerator in the room now as they had issues and are in the process of replacing them all. Bummer.............I really wanted to take a case of water and drinks.

lolastardust's picture

What we found very helpful on our September trip was buying refillable resort mugs. We filled them up with ice and water from the food court every night so we had water through the night. Smile

VelcroPooh

Good idea! We are getting the cups with our DDP anyway. Guess I could do the same thing in the mornings too, as in fill them with ice.

Miss Mikki's picture

VelcroPooh wrote:
Good idea! We are getting the cups with our DDP anyway. Guess I could do the same thing in the mornings too, as in fill them with ice.

There is usually an ice bucket in the rooms, and ice machines located by the vending machines in each building.

no ticker Sad

MrHub's picture

VelcroPooh wrote:
Thank you, I'm about to bust as we are getting this close. I'm ready to go NOW! (and I normally have patience....)

We did receive a letter from POR yesterday advising us that we will not have a refrigerator in the room now as they had issues and are in the process of replacing them all. Bummer.............I really wanted to take a case of water and drinks.

Huh? I thought they got done replacing all the friges a while ago.

Did some checking around, a lot of people have gotten those letters only to find a working new refrigerator in the room when they checked in , so I think there is a good chance you may still get one.

VelcroPooh

Oh Yay! I hope so. Thanks for checking mrhub.

VelcroPooh

So I am 99.9% ready for the trip. I've been slowly preparing for it over the last 8 weeks so as not to be overwhelmed all at once. I only have one thing left on my original list that I haven't got yet, and that's the blister stick thingy I wanted.

So now I am working on "What else would make my trip better?" Maybe not essential, but better. So I splurged today and bought a 32gb memory card for my camera. I have about 5 memory cards, but they are all 2 and 4gb so I end up changing them out constantly.

So anyone have any suggestions for "out of the ordinary" stuff you would recommend? I've bought things like disposable ponchos, extra mobile chargers, moleskin, lanyards and some pins for trading (just a few to get us started), and glow necklaces and bracelets (hee hee).

Mandy's picture

If you don't have a fridge in your room, you can always request one. Don't forget about soaps, shampoo and stuff like that. Disney does provide them but they are not specific for any hair type in case you need a certain kind. Sun tan lotion is a good idea if you tend to burn easily. It is possible to get burned in the non summer heat. Beach towels can be handy especially if you want to go to water park or just sit by the pool (pool towels should be provided).

Magic Days's picture

I'm a big fan of zip lock bags. Especially if it's raining. Tons of uses and everyday I'm glad I have one with me in the park

Magic Mirror's picture

The memory card sounds nice....but I had read somewhere its a good idea to change memory cards at the end of each day and pack your other ones in the room safe. This way if something happens to the camera or cards, you wont loose a weeks worth of photos. I never really thought much of it till we went on a cruise to alaska this past May. I was so happy I did change them frequently, as on the last day of the cruise I tripped and my camera slipped off my wrist straight to the bottom of the ocean. I only lost one ports worth of pictures. It has made me a believer. sad

MrHub's picture

I use an Eye-Fi card in my camera. When I take pictures it automatically up lads them to my iPhone and puts the on iCloud. Never have to worries about loosing them anymore. I also upload them to computer each night.

VelcroPooh

Great ideas!

Oh wow! Well dang that stinks that your camera became a fishy home. I always upload my pics to the computer at the end of the day as well, although on a cruise, you are right that I will be better off with the small cards daily as I can't upload there. I didn't think about that.

I had to google the Eye-Fi card. I didn't know they made such a thing. I need to invest in one of those next!

That's a really god tip about the cards. Will have to talk to DH about cards. (Shh but I know he has got me a new camera for my birthday), we have to buy memory cards at the airport for our current ones! Wink

VelcroPooh

Ok, so I found this really cute DYI tie dye shirt project the other day, and I sooooo wanted to do it. I wrote in another post, I have been making shirts and things for a few weeks now to wear.

I had never done tie dye, but I couldn't resist trying this one because of the Mickey head it created. So my DH was all for it and we tried it two nights ago. You have to let it sit for 24 hours and so we were able to rinse them out and see what we got last night.

I was very happy with how they came out. Learned a couple of things. Needed better dye (bought a cheap kit at Walmart) so the colors would have been more vibrant. All in all though, I'm very pleased with them and DH loves his! I kind of like the faded look and yes, DH did his that way on purpose. He wanted his Mickey head crooked and didn't want a lot of dye on his shirt. I kept saying that he needed more dye, he kept saying, "Nope, I want a lot of white!"

PreviewAttachmentSize
VelcroPooh's
VelcroPooh's110.28 KB
DH's Crooked Mickey
DH's Crooked Mickey95.37 KB
Vettelover's picture

Those are great, nice work.

MrHub's picture

Nice job, cool shirts!

VelcroPooh

Thank you.

Well it was too late to get a reservation for BOG by the time I decided I wanted to try it, but I did just get a fast pass for lunch one day Smile

Magic Mirror's picture

Awesome tshirts!

Courtney's picture

Great job on the tie dye. If you really want to get serious about making them, look for Procion dye, I get it from Maiwa supply in Vancouver bc, but you should be able to get it online. I have shirts that I made in 1994 that still look brand new. And use the best quality 100% cotton shirts that you can find. They need to have cotton thread too. I think I will have to make some Mickey shirts before our next trip.

Again fantastic job,

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Mandy's picture

Those look great!

JoAnn C's picture

those shirts look great.

JMUDukz's picture

The shirts are awesome!!

There were a ton of families who got walk ups at BOG on my last trip. I think lunch will be a great option, but if you decide you want dinner to, give it a shot one night. Nothing to lose!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker