Hello from bobaloo000!

Login to post comments
59 posts / 0 new
Hello from bobaloo000!

Hi! My real name is Bob (shocked I know) and I've been following WDW4Grownups on twitter but never realized you had a web site (DOH!). I am a refugee from the Lines chat room run by touringplans.com and I hope to find a friendlier group of site administrators here. Don't get me wrong I love Lines App and the touring plans methadology but our relationship did not end well. Don't want to bash them on my first post here but if you want more information send me a private message and I'll share my tale of woe.

Also hope you don't mind that I invited some friends to join. Not sure if they will but we are all adults (at least in age) and all love Disney.

I'm 47 and live in New Jersey (no I am not on the Jersey Shore, oh how I loathe that show) love sports and music besides Disney. I have four beautiful daughters ages 12, 14, 19 and 20. My oldest is a seasonal employee at TOT.

I also go to school and have a mid term tomorrow in the last class I need to take to earn my BS so this might be my only post for the day but I look forward to meeting all of you virtually and sharing my affection for Disney.

Me? Yes, I've been told rational discourse with me is not possible.

Hi Bob it's Tim. This is the login I went with. Looks like a nice Disney site. Hopefully will follow Oh and to everyone else I'm new too and I obviously like to hijack threads

Tony's picture

Hello to both of you. You'll find this is probably the friendliest, most relaxed Disney forum on the 'net.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Vettelover's picture

Hi and welcome to both of you, Tony is right this is the best Disney Forum around.

Tim, so glad you on board. I've had a bunch of people on Facebook saying they are going to check this place out. Need to send an e-mail to Alysha. She's the only one I know who is not on Facebook.

Jess's picture

Hello and welcome....I think I was the last to join before you did but I've quickly come to love it here. It's full of great people who love to share and talk about Disney. Can't wait to see what you guys have to contribute Smile

I don't know who these Bob and Tim guys are, but I'm new around here as well. wink

Tony and Vettelover, thanks for the welocme. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on this site and swapping stories.

Plus you have emoticons. I think this one is me right now, wheelchair

Cam! You made it! Phew, always makes me feel better having my lawyer around.

Jess, thanks for the welcome. How's it feel not to be the newbie anymore?

Brad's picture

Hey guys, welcome to the boards. If you've looked around you can probably tell we pride ourselves on being friendly! We manage to avoid the contentious debates that tend to make other boards stressful, which is what I love about it on here.

KToA wrote:
Hi Bob it's Tim. This is the login I went with. Looks like a nice Disney site. Hopefully will follow Oh and to everyone else I'm new too and I obviously like to hijack threads

I think thread hijacking is par for the course around here.

Glad you guys could all join us! Anyone planning a trip soon?

welcome

Jess's picture

bobaloo000 wrote:
Cam! You made it! Phew, always makes me feel better having my lawyer around.

Jess, thanks for the welcome. How's it feel not to be the newbie anymore?

Well to be honest with you I never really felt like the newbie....that's how awesome everyone is here....they make you feel very welcome Smile

Playing around and I really like the fact I can post reply's without hitting the reply button! Nice feature! Makes it seem more like a chat. Cam, Tim and any other ex-liners how do you like my sig? LOL.

For the record I have a one day trip to WDW planned for April 10. My DD who is 19 is on the dance team at American University and they have a competition in Daytona the week before so we are going to shoot over for a day just me and my DW. Our first trip alone since our Honeymoon in 1987.

Brad's picture

bobaloo000 wrote:
For the record I have a one day trip to WDW planned for April 10. My DD who is 19 is on the dance team at American University and they have a competition in Daytona the week before so we are going to shoot over for a day just me and my DW. Our first trip alone since our Honeymoon in 1987.

That sounds fun. How long are you in Daytona?

I'm also wondering if we need to work on our PR if our twitter/facebook followers don't know that we have a website too. laugh

Mase's picture

Welcome both of ya! Theres some pretty good peeps here.

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Hi Mase, thanks for the welcome.

Brad, trust me. It's just me! I'm sure 99% of your other followers found this place. We are in Daytona Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Found a nice Bed and Breakfast a few blocks from the beach.

Pegosaurus's picture

Brad wrote:
If you've looked around you can probably tell we pride ourselves on being friendly! We manage to avoid the contentious debates that tend to make other boards stressful, which is what I love about it on here.

NO WE DON'T.

Haha. Sorry, that wasn't funny Smile

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Bob, thanks for the note about this place! For everyone else, I am in Philly but we go to WDW about 4 times a year with DS2. DW and I had a Disney wedding in 2005, and it's my favorite place to be. I am VERY sarcastic, but all in good fun so be forewarned. wink

NO! You sarcastic? Never noticed.

Pegosaurus wrote:
Brad wrote:
If you've looked around you can probably tell we pride ourselves on being friendly! We manage to avoid the contentious debates that tend to make other boards stressful, which is what I love about it on here.

NO WE DON'T.

Haha. Sorry, that wasn't funny Smile

HUMOR! In a Disney chat room! I didn't know it could still exist!

DonaldDork's picture

Hi welcome welcome!
This place is great with really interesting topics and threads and such. You'll enjoy it.

admin's picture

Hi all. Welcome to WDWFG. As Brad said, we're a small forum and a friendly forum and we've always worked hard to keep it that way. Looking forward to your contributions mickey

WyckedPhoenix's picture

Hello and welcome!

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

Hiyas and welcomes! yay clapping

I'm the quiet one.... sarcastic

MrHub's picture

Hey welcome to all the new ones on the board! be fore warned........we talk about food alot around here! And pictures, pictures picture, we want to see pictures!

Skunk's picture

bobaloo000 wrote:

Welcome!! Reminds me that my first time at WDW was an April day trip from Daytona/College Spring Break in 1975. That was a long time ago laugh

caitiesus's picture

Hey to all the new members! Bob - which area of Jersey are you from? My husband (teacherdrama) and I live in the Princeton are, as does Katrina, another real life friend we got on here too!

Welcome welcome welcome. We tend to be a nice group, and VERY sarcastic sometimes.

Thanks for all the new welcomes. Caitiesus I live in Jackson.

I'm Julie and am very lucky to have annual passes. We live in Tampa an hour from Disney. We actually spent the day there today. So nice to be able to come home and sleep in our own bed! We have had annual passes for 12 yrs now. I was at MGM (Hollywood Studios now) the day before I had my daughter 11 yrs ago. She made her first trip to Disney when she was 3 weeks old and it's her happiest place on earth still. My teenagers still like to go with us sometimes, if not they're old enough to leave at home. My husband and I go just the 2 of us quite often. We are both teachers so we have the summers off, along with Christmas and spring break. We enjoy watching Disney evolve and change as the market demands and think they are one of the most successful businesses ever for good reasons. We love Disney and will never get tired of it, and are still discovering new things after being there 100s of times! Looking forward to some great forums and chats!

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Bella's picture

Welcome welcome!! I'm Bella and I love it here and post way too much for a girl with no trip to speak of!

This is a GREAT place and the best board I have been a part of!

mickey Bella

Brad's picture

Hey Julie! Welcome to the boards! Do you ever get to visit when kids aren't out of school? We have lots of teachers on here and I always think it's unfair that the only times they get to go are when the kiddos are out of school too and the parks are crowded.