JanJ and KenJ's September 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
76 posts / 0 new
JanJ's picture
JanJ and KenJ's September 2015 Trip Report

We're back in the World!

We arrived Saturday. Our flight was initially delayed 30 min due to a backlog of planes being delayed from the storms on the Eastern seaboard. Then, when it was our turn to take off, we started heading back to the terminal. It turns out the heater for the cockpit window wasn't working. eek We ended up switching planes and finally took off 3 hrs late.

We had dinner reservations at 5pm at the Cali Grill with MrHub and scrappy so we knew we were cutting our time tight so once we landed we went immediately to the taxi stand (we landed around 4:30pm) and took a cab directly to the Contemporary. It turns out that MrHub and scrappy were stuck on the monorail at the same time. laugh

We ended up just getting there right after they had checked in and met them at the elevator. Talk about timing!

We found out that even if you don't take DME, your luggage still shows up in your room! This is why we were able to get out of the airport so quick as we didn't have to wait for our luggage! awesome

We are staying at The Poly and plans for this week include some nice dinners at the Yachtsman and The Boathouse. We are attending MNSSHP and planning for a meet up with WDWFGU members and we'll try to provide updates as we go.

KenJ hasn't taken too many pictures yet, but we do have some, so will post them later. Off to Epcot for dinner tonight - looking forward to pizza at Via Napoli! yay

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Enjoy your magical vacation stars

JanJ's picture

Here's a picture from our dinner at the Cali Grill. Ken and I have never been up there for dinner when it's still light out and it was cool to see everything from up there.

A huge storm rolled in just as we were leaving! We ended up going to Trader Sam's and Ken and I got the Nautilus (very cool souvenir) and MrHub got the Zombie drink (also with a souvenir glass). It was fun, but once and done for us.

JanJ's picture

Sunday was breakfast at Kona Cafe and then off to the MK for the morning. We had a FP for 7DMT, BTMR and SpM, but the one for BTMR was cancelled as the ride was down due to a thunderstorm. We were given another one for almost any ride, but we ended up leaving before taking advantage of it. The rain kept coming and we needed to dry off, so back to The Poly we went.

The rain finally stopped so we headed to Disney Springs to get some dinner. We ate at Splitsville and it was amazing!!

After dinner we noticed that Characters in Flight was working and we had never been up at night so off we went. It is definitely a different sensation, to say the least, but seeing Disney Springs all lit up was all really cool.

Next - MK again on Monday and Via Napoli for dinner!

jtownpluto's picture

Love the balloon pictures, Disney Springs looks beautiful.

Spook's picture

Glad you guys made it mickey

Magic Mirror's picture

Hi everyone! Great photos Jan......! MrHub you are looking quite pleased with your drink at Splitsville! eek

lolastardust's picture

Your photos are incredible! Can't wait to see more! x

JanJ's picture

Thanks guys - I will let Ken know since he's the photographer.

Monday started with breakfast at the GF Cafe - it was yummy as usual, and then it was off to MK for some FP's. The sun was out and it was going to be a warm one.

This is what met us when we got off the monorail just before 10am! I have never seen this many people lined up for the security check and they were being very, very thorough! It took us about 10-15 min to make it through the line, but once we did, all was fine.

The crane was out as they are doing some work around the castle and the Christmas lights were going up! eek

JanJ's picture

We went on Buzz Lightyear and I caught a break as the ride actually stopped a couple of times. I had my best score yet, but it was still pretty pathetic! Even the overhead lights came on and the rail in front of us just appeared out of nowhere. Ken was hoping we were going to get to walk out, but that didn't happen. laugh

MrHub and scrappy are pros at this ride!

Then it was off to the HM, one of my favourite rides.

Ken was able to get some really good shots!

JanJ's picture

Dinner was Via Napoli and we were all so excited for it. Of course, we had to stop at France and Germany for a refreshment, or two!! biggrin

Finally dinner - it was delicious as usual and there were no leftovers!

We wandered around Epcot a bit after dinner and noticed the miniature train in Germany was all blocked off, so Ken took a photo over the hedge. Looks like they are changing things out for F&W.

Today is AK this morning and then MNSSHP tonight!! mickey yay

Great Trip Report so far! Love seeing the photos glad you are having a great time! stars Enjoy your vacation. Can't wait to see and hear about your time at MNSSHP! My favorite event at Disney!

ScottFL's picture

Hey, we were at Cali Grill the same time as you...

Kris1971's picture

Hooray for the Grey Goose Slushy and Oktoberfest! You guys rock it the way I do!!! Have fun!

Mad Hatter's picture

Looks like a wonderful trip so far! Hope the magic continues and keep the pictures coming awesome

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

93boomer's picture

Looks like you are having a great time!! Loving those pictures Ken!

The Colonel's picture

Great pictures and report. Party on dudes.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Spook's picture

Great photos! Bag check at AK was crazy on Sunday. Not quite that crazy though lol.
Hopefully we'll see you tonight at MNSSHP mickey

JanJ's picture

The long lines are happening because security is looking for selfie sticks. We saw a couple confiscated at AK this morning (for return on your way out).

JanJ's picture

ScottFL wrote:
Hey, we were at Cali Grill the same time as you...

Hope you had as great a meal as we did!

Tuesday morning was AK with FP's for Dinosaur, the safari and Kail River Rapids. I purchased the AK Starbucks mug to finish up my collection and it also tried to rain again, but it didn't last long.

Anybody else think the guy on the left looks angry?? cool

JanJ's picture

Some pictures from the safari....

JanJ's picture

We had dinner at The Plaza in MK before the Halloween party. It was the first time there for Ken and I and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing like a good burger and fries!

We met up with Spook and her hubby for some of the party and had a great visit. We do have a picture of us all, but it's on the memory maker, so will have to post it later.

We did some trick or treating and rode some of the rides. We tried to buy one of the special ghost cupcakes, but they were all sold out before 8:15! confused

You can easily tell that the HM is one of our favourite rides!!

JanJ's picture

We watched the fireworks, which were amazing and are better than the regular Wishes in my opinion, and then headed back to the Poly just before midnight. It was a long, but fun, day.

Awesome great pictures! Did you get to see the new Hocus Pocus show that premiered last night? Someone recorded it on youtube I have to watch it later but at work right now. It looks really crowded sad I thought they only sell so many tickets to MNSSHP. Do you think it was crowded because it was the first one? The only time I have done it was the 3rd or 4th night and it wasn't as nearly as packed. I heard the line for Jack and Sally was like 2 1/2 hours long and a lot of stuff like the cupcakes you mentioned sold out early.
When we go next year I think we are going to be falling on the first or second night of the party when we go, hopefully its not as crowded I really want to see Jack and Sally but not miss out on the other fun of the night, especially the new Hocus Pocus show. I love Hocus Pocus my black car is named Thackery Binx, like his whole name legit is. lol

disneydoc's picture

Love seeing pics of you guys! Have a great time and keep us posted! muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

alicemouse's picture

Looks like you're having a blast! Hope you're staying mostly dry. silly Love the ballon pics--we've still never managed to ride at night.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Enjoying lunch at Tokyo Dining...

Most of the scenes from one of our favourites... Spaceship Earth.

Love the pictures! You enjoy the same rides as me Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth are two of my favorites.

JoAnn C's picture

great pics. glad you are having a great time. how could you not?