Member spotlight- Joann C******

Login to post comments
67 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1905

Time for your Disney confession? What do you like that most people do not and what do you not like that most people do?

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

scrappy wrote:
What do you like that most people do not?

From what I've read on the forums, a lot of people do not like Dinosaur. I loved it.

I'm going to get into a controversial topic here, but I love the resort mugs. I bought my first in 2010, and it paid for itself that trip. I got one last year with the deluxe dining plan. If I didn't I still would have bought one. I use them both to this day. I would really love to see Disney crack down on the people who use old mugs.

scrappy wrote:
What do you not like that most people do?

This seems to be changing for a lot of people, but I did not care for Le Cellier. I just don't get the appeal.

Although I've never ridden it, I'm going to say Splash Mountain. I used to love water rides when I was younger. As I've gotten older I just don't care for them. Plus I had a bad experience on a water ride at Kennywood Park (Pittsburgh PA) when wearing new blue shorts. Big mistake. I was the blue the rest of the day. I continued to ride the water rides for a while after that, but I was always very cautious of what I was wearing. LOL

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I love your pictures, JoAnn! I really really love the IllumiNations one.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for answering our questions!

YAY JoAnn C! yay yay yay yay

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Here are my magnets. I haven't been collecting these as long as I have the shot glasses. I still have to dust the shot glass shelves before taking a picture of those.

These are magnets from various parks, museums, zoos and aquariums.

These are various others.

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

JeffC wrote:
I love your pictures, JoAnn! I really really love the IllumiNations one.

Thanks Jeff! I am very pleased with how that picture turned out. I have that as my wallpaper on my laptop.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

What a great collection! Thanks for sharing.

So now I have to ask....do you say "Yins"?

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

JeffC wrote:
What a great collection! Thanks for sharing.

So now I have to ask....do you say "Yins"?

I try not to. Living in Connecticut, I would get funny looks. It does slip out every once in a while.

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

JeffC wrote:
What a great collection! Thanks for sharing.

So now I have to ask....do you say "Yins"?

Wow! And I lived in PA all my life and never heard that before.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I think it's a regional thing - western PA / Pittsburgh. I had to ask when I saw her Pittsburgheese magnet and saw "warsh", which I also say laugh

Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499

Nice magnet collection. Is that top one from Pearl Harbor?

Bill

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

BuffaloBill wrote:
Nice magnet collection. Is that top one from Pearl Harbor?

Bill

Thanks

Yes, it is. I took a solo trip to Hawaii for my 40th birthday. One of the days I was there I took an island tour that included Pearl Harbor.

These handsome gentlemen are survivors.

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

I think this is gonna be my question to everyone on here from now on... heh....

If you could go with anyone on this board, but just ONE.... who would you take and what would be the first thing you would want to do with them?

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Mase wrote:
I think this is gonna be my question to everyone on here from now on... heh....

If you could go with anyone on this board, but just ONE.... who would you take and what would be the first thing you would want to do with them?

I would take Jeff C, but it would have to be at the same time AJ is there. We would start with a ride on Rock 'N Roller Coaster followed by meeting up with AJ to go on a Cupcake Crawl. mickey

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Is there a reason behind snow white being your favorite princess?

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Jess wrote:
Is there a reason behind snow white being your favorite princess?

When my niece was 4 or 5, she was into the Disney Princesses. She said to me one night, "Aunty Jo, you look like Snow White". She's been my favorite since then.

__________________

AJW's picture
AJW
Offline
Joined: 03/09/2012
Posts: 39

JoAnn C wrote:
Mase wrote:
I think this is gonna be my question to everyone on here from now on... heh....

If you could go with anyone on this board, but just ONE.... who would you take and what would be the first thing you would want to do with them?

I would take Jeff C, but it would have to be at the same time AJ is there. We would start with a ride on Rock 'N Roller Coaster followed by meeting up with AJ to go on a Cupcake Crawl. mickey

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Except I would "just happen" to be on Rock n Roller coaster, too!! ha HA!!!)

JoAnn -- so excited to see you on Member Spotlight! Here are things we have in common: 1.) I have been to Punx, PA for Groundhog Day, 2.) I have ridden a water ride in new blue shorts...awful, 3.) I have been to Kennywood, 4.) Lots of other things, but I haven't read the whole thread yet. biggrin

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Great answers and great thread, Joann! I love that you took a solo trip to Hawaii for your 40th. That is completely awesome.

Jeff and Joann...I still have yins/y'alls battles with my friends from college! Ha!

__________________

Molitva's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/18/2012
Posts: 127

Hi Joann C!!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Growing up just down the road from Punxy, I say yinz, worsh, love groundhogs day and Kennywood has a special place in my heart! (aww and Idlewild!) haha!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

JoAnn C wrote:
Mase wrote:
I think this is gonna be my question to everyone on here from now on... heh....

If you could go with anyone on this board, but just ONE.... who would you take and what would be the first thing you would want to do with them?

I would take Jeff C, but it would have to be at the same time AJ is there. We would start with a ride on Rock 'N Roller Coaster followed by meeting up with AJ to go on a Cupcake Crawl. mickey

WOOT!!! YAYAYAYAY

And we're going to run around all the parks saying yins and warsh and eat cupcakes until we're sick and then go ride Rock N Roller Coaster again and again until we pass out! Or throw up. WOOOOO!!!! Yeah!!!!

What do you mean you want to change your answer?!

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

JeffC wrote:
What do you mean you want to change your answer?!

rolling

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Here are some of my shot glasses. They didn't come out to great. It was too dark in my living room. I didn't want to use the flash so I didn't get the glare. This is about 1/3 of them.

The Disney Collection:

The Hard Rock Cafe Collection:

The International Collection:

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

What a great collection! Thanks for sharing.

Another question: Do you usually try to make rope drop on your trips or do you take a more casual approach since you are on vacation?

And, what's the worst (or least favorite) food thing you've had at Disney?

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

JeffC wrote:
What a great collection! Thanks for sharing.

Another question: Do you usually try to make rope drop on your trips or do you take a more casual approach since you are on vacation?

Thanks Jeff. In 2010, I saw rope drop at all four parks. Although I really shouldn't count Epcot. I was there but had no clue what was going on. It was my first time in Epcot and my first time in Disney World in almost 30 years. I was really excited to be there and I was really getting annoyed by all these people blocking my way. Then I realized what was going on. My friend had told me about rope drop at MK but I didn't know the other parks had them. The only picture I have is of Pluto's elbow. I do need to go back.

Last year was more casual. We got to MK towards the end of rope drop. We got to the other parks after it was over.

JeffC wrote:
And, what's the worst (or least favorite) food thing you've had at Disney?

Nothing is jumping out at me. If I think of anything, I'll get back to you.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

One more before we leave!

Do you have a favorite pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase?

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Joann! I saw a shot glass yesterday at Epcot that you TOTALLY need! (Actually, I saw several. Shot glasses were on my brain yesterday for some reason.) Anyway, it looked like your WDW red retro one above, but it's BLUE, with the retro Epcot Center look. I'm not sure that I'm being very nice by telling you, since I didn't actually buy it for you... waiting

It was in MouseGears, and I thought of you though. Near where we met. Does that count for something? Anything? Smile

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

JeffC wrote:
One more before we leave!

Do you have a favorite pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase?

Italy!

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Lizzy_B wrote:
Joann! I saw a shot glass yesterday at Epcot that you TOTALLY need! (Actually, I saw several. Shot glasses were on my brain yesterday for some reason.) Anyway, it looked like your WDW red retro one above, but it's BLUE, with the retro Epcot Center look. I'm not sure that I'm being very nice by telling you, since I didn't actually buy it for you... waiting

It was in MouseGears, and I thought of you though. Near where we met. Does that count for something? Anything? Smile

Thank you. It does count for something. Although you would have scored more points if you bought it for me. Kidding. I'll have to look for it in November.

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Don't worry JoAnn, I'll get it for you when we go in May and I get one for me too!

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

mrhub wrote:
Don't worry JoAnn, I'll get it for you when we go in May and I get one for me too!

thank you

__________________

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

JoAnn - Love the shot glasses!! You are one cool dudette. cool

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien