New to forum....Planning Disneymoon for March 2014

Login to post comments
27 posts / 0 new
Anonymous
New to forum....Planning Disneymoon for March 2014

Hi to everyone
I am very glad that I found this website.
Just a little about myself. I grow up in Southern CA going to Disneyland every chance I had. Worked at Disney Store part time for 8 years.
Moved to Tennessee 7 years ago and miss my Disney Fix!
Have been to Disneyworld about 3 times since moving. Last trip was in Jan 2010 for the half marathon.
Now planning my Disneymoon for March 2014. I was married this past June 29, 2013. But we have to wait a bit on the
honeymoon. DH has only been to Disneyworld once when he was about 7/8 years old. So it will be new for him and I can not wwait to explore with him. He is a big kid.
We also have a 18month old DD that we are hopefully going to be able to make her first trip October 2014 for MSSHP. I also have a 23year DD that hopefully will be able to join us.
That is me in a nut shell..
Have pixie dust in my blood!

Allie's picture

Hi and welcome Congrats on the marriage and your upcoming honeymoon! Do you know where you're staying yet?

IsabelSnow

Right now looks like it will be an All Star. I do not think we will be in the room much. Mostly just to sleep and rest up.
At this time this is what I have planned:

Sunday March 16th- Drive from Chattanooga leave early in the morning so we can arrive at the world early afternoon. Rest and then dinner at the Poly and then if they are doing fireworks that night watch them from the beach. (Tip I have gotten from others on this website).

Rest is all up in air at this time.

Kris1971's picture

Welcome IsabelSnow! My husband and I honeymooned in Disney in March (2009). We had a wonderful time. Its a great time of the year to be there and the Flower & Garden Festival is in full bloom. Congratulations!

IsabelSnow

Thank you Kris.
I have been wantint to go to Flower and Garden for a while now so that this would make a nice trip.

1st Trip to the world June 2005 All Star Music
2nd Trip Weekend trip "Free Stay at Yath Club thanks to a Disney Friend" December 2006
3rd Trip October 2007 All Star Movies
4th Trip January 2010 All Star Movies 1/2 Marathon (SO Cold had snow morning of race) finished 3hours 30mins

*Can someone tell me how to get a time line added*

MrHub's picture

Welcome Isabelsnow to DWForGrownups! Glad you found us. FYI, they do fireworks every night, (unless there is a complication). They may be cutting it Down to resort guests only on the beach for a while with the construction that is supposed to be going on the next few years, so just keep an eye and ear out for that, other wise, have a wonderful trip!

IsabelSnow

Mr Hub
Thank you for letting me know. I was hoping maybe to do a split trip and stay at the Poly just our first night to be able to have the beach for the fireworks. May have to see if we can work it in. crossfingers

Mase's picture

Welcome IsabelSnow! So glad you found us! The Poly is WONDERFUL and I havent even stayed there yet. Would love to though... but yeah. If your not able to do the split trip... just ask and see if you can do the Fireworks. Wont hurt... maybe let them know its for you Disneymoon... heh

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
Mr Hub
Thank you for letting me know. I was hoping maybe to do a split trip and stay at the Poly just our first night to be able to have the beach for the fireworks. May have to see if we can work it in. crossfingers

Keep an eye on this:

https://www.facebook.com/Tikimanpages

There are a lot of people posting as they are there, and they keep up with what's going on.

IsabelSnow

Mase wrote:
Welcome IsabelSnow! So glad you found us! The Poly is WONDERFUL and I havent even stayed there yet. Would love to though... but yeah. If your not able to do the split trip... just ask and see if you can do the Fireworks. Wont hurt... maybe let them know its for you Disneymoon... heh

Mase
Thank you for the welcome. I read your road trip report with your wife. And a great report. My DD23 is not an Everest fan, makes her sick.

IsabelSnow

mrhub wrote:
IsabelSnow wrote:
Mr Hub

Keep an eye on this:

https://www.facebook.com/Tikimanpages

There are a lot of people posting as they are there, and they keep up with what's going on.

Thank you Mr Hub I will keep my eyes open.

welcome IsabelSnow. You have come to the right place to find all the info you need for Disney World. Have a great time planning your trip.

disneydoc's picture

Welcome!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Eeyore's picture

Welcome and congrats on your marriage!

Magic Mirror's picture

stars stars congrats stars stars

Hello! Your plans sound wonderful!

What is DH most excited to do? Rides? Food?

IsabelSnow

Magic Mirror wrote:
stars stars congrats stars stars

Hello! Your plans sound wonderful!

What is DH most excited to do? Rides? Food?

Hi Magic Mirror

Thank you

And he is into the Rides. As I tell him more about my planning is getting a little more involved. His biggest thing is I can plan it all and he will just go for the ride.
I think once he gets there he will be like a little kid and just want to do everything. One reason we are planning two trips for next year, is becuase I know he is going to want to take DD ASAP for her 1st trip.

PS just to let you know we are huge Snow White fans ( I assume you are). My youngest DD 18months is named Sabrina IsabelSnow (after Snow). I tried to get Snow as her first name but DH was not going for it. So was able to give her as part of her middle.
She is starting to learn who all the princess are. Got her the fisher price little people and she seems to like Cindy and Snow the best.

IsabelSnow

Thank you to everyone for all the nice welcomes.... muchlove

Vettelover's picture

Hi! IsabelSnow and welcome to WDWFG, the friendliest forum around.

IsabelSnow

Vettelover wrote:
Hi! IsabelSnow and welcome to WDWFG, the friendliest forum around.

Thank you for the nice welcome.

Vettelover's picture

Oh! and Isabelsnow I beleive you posted this *Can someone tell me how to get a time line added* in one of your posts, so if you click on the *Forums* tab and right at the beginning there is a "sticky" post entitled How to add a countdown banner to your signature. all laid out and explained by the illustrious mrhub.

Magic Mirror's picture

Oh yes...I am an Evil Queen fan! I love you got to name her Snow!

IsabelSnow

Vettelover wrote:
Oh! and Isabelsnow I beleive you posted this *Can someone tell me how to get a time line added* in one of your posts, so if you click on the *Forums* tab and right at the beginning there is a "sticky" post entitled How to add a countdown banner to your signature. all laid out and explained by the illustrious mrhub.

Thank you Vettelover
I will have to get that up soon

IsabelSnow

Magic Mirror wrote:

yay

IsabelSnow

Magic Mirror wrote:

I really am a villian fan in general. But Snow has the best villian of them all in my eyes.
I really like the old hag, myself.
We are thinking of halloween costumes and I am leaning towards DD as Snow, I already have the Evil Queen for DH and I could be a dwarf. Still not sure. Since is my fave Disney movie I am very picky on the costume for Snow and I just do not like any that I am seeing in the stores or on line.
Disneyland used to have a really cute dress with Grumpy on the skirt back in the 90's not sure if they still have anymore. But I am on the look out for it or something simular to it.

Mase's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mase
Thank you for the welcome. I read your road trip report with your wife. And a great report. My DD23 is not an Everest fan, makes her sick.

Glad you enjoyed it. Cant wait to read yours about this upcoming trip!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Nancy D's picture

Welcome IsabelSnow aka IsabelSnow's mom! Smile

We're so glad you're here!

I would love, love, love to go to Disneyland, but have never gotten the chance to go. What's the BEST thing about Disneyland, like the DO NOT MISS thing that I should look forward to if I ever get the chance??

Going there is on my 5 year plan!! Smile

IsabelSnow

Nancy D wrote:
Welcome IsabelSnow aka IsabelSnow's mom! Smile

We're so glad you're here!

I would love, love, love to go to Disneyland, but have never gotten the chance to go. What's the BEST thing about Disneyland, like the DO NOT MISS thing that I should look forward to if I ever get the chance??

Going there is on my 5 year plan!! Smile

Hi Nancy
Thank you for the welcome.
This is a hard question. Since I grew up at DLand it has changed so much as I have gotten older. My all time fave part of DLand is Snow White's Wishing Well just outside the castle on your right. It is a path that leads to a side enterence into the castle/Fanastyland. Always said this is the place I would get married. Now it is the place I would renew our vows.
Not sure if still done.
But a really great place to catch Mickey and the Fab 5 was at night as you leave the park, in the hub on Main Street across the street from the firehouse (which is Walts apartment and the light all ways is on in the little window) andnext to the hat shop. They seem to sneak out and just stand there saying good bye to people. We never had a long wait sometimes we where the only once there. First place my niece and nephew say Mickey.
When I really think about what not to miss at Dland, It comes down to it is not the rides or attractions, take the time to just experence being there. Make memories that years from now will make you smile out of the blue.
Dland is just a different experence then WDW. And some of the best times I have had there was just walking through the park laughing and being goofy with family and friends and not running and rushing around. Walking through the castle over the draw bridge linked arms singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme song.
I hope this helps you a bit. Just sit back and relax when you are there. Take it all in and just enjoy!