Our October 2011 Food & Wine Festival trip w/friends!

Login to post comments
77 posts / 0 new
JoAnn C's picture

Have a fantastic time mrhub and scrappy.

clapping yay clapping yay

MrHub's picture

Thx JoAnn, we already are. Ate some of our way around the world already. Will post more later tonight. web cam is up and running. not real good view though. Will try and do some mobile streaming tonight.

Hey folks!!! How did I let your departure day slip by me??! ACK!

Have a magical time - can't wait to hear all about it!

Oh, and see if you can get the poop from a CM at Splash Mountain on when they expect to reopen after the refurb starting in January! Tell them Jeff C would be most appreciative if they could wrap that up by the end of April! biggrin

Bella's picture

Oh my goodness..nice!! I love your TR's and can't wait to see some pictures and hear about that food!!!! How far of a drive is it for you??

mickey Bella

Vettelover's picture

As previously mentioned, hope both Scrappy and you have a fantastic time. If I remember correctly isn't this the trip with friends? If it is make sure they have a great time as well.

Kristen K.'s picture

mrhub wrote:
Here are our ADR's for our trip:
Sun, arrival Day - Dinner at California Grill
Mon - B- Cape May Cafe, D- Flying Fish
Tue - B- Tusker House, D- Yachstman Steakhouse
Wed - B- Boma, D- Hollywood Brown Derby
Thu - B- Kona Cafe, D- Cinderella's Royal Table
Fri - B-Crystal Palace, D- Le Cellier Steakhouse

Awesome ADRs!!! You're going to have some amazing food!

MrHub's picture

Jeff - I will try to see what I can find out for you!
Bella - It takes us about 16 Hours of driving to get here.
VL - yes you are correct, we are down her with "different" friends.

Oh, by the way, Mickey was at our room today while we were at the Parks and left Scrappy a surprise!
Yeah Im still trying to upload the pictures, wont even upload directly from my computer.
Here is some video to watch in the mean time.

Kristen K. wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Here are our ADR's for our trip:
Sun, arrival Day - Dinner at California Grill
Mon - B- Cape May Cafe, D- Flying Fish
Tue - B- Tusker House, D- Yachstman Steakhouse
Wed - B- Boma, D- Hollywood Brown Derby
Thu - B- Kona Cafe, D- Cinderella's Royal Table
Fri - B-Crystal Palace, D- Le Cellier Steakhouse

Awesome ADRs!!! You're going to have some amazing food!

Not only that, they are going to have an amazing weight gain! Smile

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Kristen K.'s picture

What a cool surprise from Mickey!

How fantastic!! That is an awesome surprise.

Love scrappy's comment on entering the room and realizing everything is being taped laugh laugh laugh

Bella's picture

Lol!! You and scrappy are so adorable I want to put you in my pocket and take you out to play! I'm so excited to see the Welcome Home package since we were just talking about it on here the other day!!

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Had a short meet up with Kris & Claude. Great to meet you guys! awesome . They were in the MK for the morning and then going to Epcot and we're just getting to MK so we went our separate ways after chatting a bit. Here is the proof.

PreviewAttachmentSize
100_6353.jpg
100_6353.jpg1.45 MB
Kris1971's picture

We really enjoyed meeting up with you guys! It sounds like you had as much fun on your trip as we did on ours! Of course, this trip we split our time evenly between MK and Epcot. We had just done all of the other parks on our honeymoon two years ago, so we kept the running around to a minimum this time. And hey...the picture didn't turn out half bad. wink

MrHub's picture

Thanks Kris, great meeting you and your DH too! We did have a ball but I wish I could have gotten in more Food & Wine time.

MrHub's picture

Hello all! We are back from the World and will hopefully get a trip report started soon.

Kristen K.'s picture

mrhub wrote:
I wish I could have gotten in more Food & Wine time.

Isn't that always the case? I was saying to my husband that we never have enough time to truly enjoy all the food and wine at the festival. Between the lines and the limitations of our bodies we really need to just move to Florida. mickey

Vettelover's picture

mrhub wrote:
Hello all! We are back from the World and will hopefully get a trip report started soon.

waiting wink

MrHub's picture

Okay time to get this started. Sorry it's taking so long but life does interrupt at times!

Day 1 - Arrival day
We got to SSR at about 930 in the morning. Only one room, ours, was ready , so we dropped off all the luggage in our room and then headed to Epcot to check out the Food & Wine Festival. We parked at the Boardwalk and went in the back entrance. I thought the crowds were pretty low.

Started right in with a Sam Adams Festival Beer and the Beef Rendang .

We worked our way around the WSC slowly, our friends looking at everything intently the whole time at everything since they had not been here for a long time. Caught some of "Off Kilter"

Then I had to mess with some people at the Red Phone booths!

By this time we had got the text that our second room was ready so we decided to go back to the resort and get unpacked and ready for our ADR at Cali Grille.

MrHub's picture

Headed over to the Contemporary for dinner at Cali Grille.

Got a great window seat with a castle view again!

Dinner was delicious. I had the Yellowfin Tuna Three Ways & the Bison filet with a macaroni & white truffle souffle , everyone else had the Oak-fired Filet of Beef, Mascarpone Potatoes, Blue Lake Beans, Arugula Oil, Teriyaki Barbecue.

Jess's picture

you've barely started it and I love the trip report already. Especially the pic of you playing a trick on the people in the red Phone booth Smile

Lizzy_B's picture

OMISTARS! THE TRUFFLES!!!

Mase's picture

I am so pranking people as well. awesome

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture

We ended our first day with a boat trip to DTD from Saratoga Springs Resort:

MrHub's picture

Day 2 - Monday:
Breakfast was at the Cape May Cafe: Who's your favorite Duck?

I love it when the characters real interact with you!

The buffet at Cape May was fantastic like always. We finished up breakfast and headed into Epcot for the day. Went straight for Soarin which had barely and wait time and then did Living with the Land.

This is really a pretty neat ride just to see how they grow stuff here. I highly recomend it if you never did it before!
Hidden Mickey Alert!

Yes that sign says "Nine Pound Lemon"!
Holy cow, imagine the size of the martini glass you would need for that lemon slice!

MrHub's picture

Well after Living with the Land we worked our way over to Nemo & checked out the Aquarium.

Hidden Mickey Alert!

This guy was begging to have his photo taken.

After Nemo I took Harry on Mission Space while the girls went shopping. I was really surprised when there was only a 10 minute wait, but it had been threatening rain all day, but never happened, so alot of people must have opted not to do the parks this day.

The topiary's were marvelous:

MrHub's picture

So we finished up with the front of Epcot for the day becuase it was time to "Eat around the World" for a while.
I definately wanted a Kalua Slider & a Mai Tai from the Hawaii Booth, but Scrappy wanted to wait and get the Jerk Chicken from Caribbean booth. I got my slider and drink and asked her to hold it for a second , I forget why , but to my surprise, when I turned back for my slider............................

go figure, it was all gone! eek confused Huh, and Scrappy didn't know a thing about it! biggrin Well I just had to go get another and I didn't ask anyone to hold it for me!

Well somewhere along the trip, I lost some photos but I'll make due.

SCHOOL BREAD!

We made our way around the World Show Case stopping at sevral other booths, went into Mexico & Norway and road the rides, & took alot of pictures along the way.

Hey mrhub & scrappy! Another great and exciting report with pics - yay!

Can you tell me where this is??!! I never saw it before and now I must find it for a picture!

JeffC wrote:
Hey mrhub & scrappy! Another great and exciting report with pics - yay!

Can you tell me where this is??!! I never saw it before and now I must find it for a picture!

This is the Bay Lake side of the Contemporary, right near the dock where you do all the water sports.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

OOoo, got it! Thanks Zz!

MrHub's picture

Its right out the back of the Contemporary Jeff.