Plan Your Own Adult Illumination Party At Epcot..

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
Anonymous
Plan Your Own Adult Illumination Party At Epcot..

You know, I've just been reading all these various dessert parties and bubbly parties at Epcot..On our last trip in 2012 we were having a margarita at La Cava and there was this party of about 6 or 7 folk having a few drinks when they all stood up and walked outside with their plastic cups filled with adult beverage and headed to La Cantina where they joined another group of adults and sat down and began to order food and more drink...Now the only reason I know this is because we had just finished our drinks and were walking behind them,so I was curious when I saw them,drinks in hand, walk into the La Cantina..What a perfect view..Question one..Is it allowed to walk into another place at Epcot still drinking from another establishment.?..Question Two..Can you reserve seats at La Cantina so that when it comes to Illuminations,you've got a perfect viewing spot.?.Or was this maybe a pre booked thing.?

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

This is my own view on the subject and I've thought about it alot because I love Illuminations. No matter what you do or who you try to tip or what time your reservation is for, you are never guaranteed a good viewing spot for Illuminations. Not only that, even if you do get a good view, you may be PO'd by people standing around your table annoying you. One thing I hate is people standing behind me or touching me or my chair while I eat. Or the peopel who think its OK if their kids stand right in front of you. Or your food might come out just as the show starts. So many things can go wrong. My philosphy is eat first, enjoy your very expensive meal and drinks. Then go claim a good spot on the rail. Send someone for drinks and/or dessert while you wait. Less anxiety, aggravation and easier to pull off successfully. To me there is nothing better than sitting around the fires, listening to the world music, sipping a beverage, waiting for the show anyway.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

King Fergus

The Colonel wrote:
This is my own view on the subject and I've thought about it alot because I love Illuminations. No matter what you do or who you try to tip or what time your reservation is for, you are never guaranteed a good viewing spot for Illuminations. Not only that, even if you do get a good view, you may be PO'd by people standing around your table annoying you. One thing I hate is people standing behind me or touching me or my chair while I eat. Or the peopel who think its OK if their kids stand right in front of you. Or your food might come out just as the show starts. So many things can go wrong. My philosphy is eat first, enjoy your very expensive meal and drinks. Then go claim a good spot on the rail. Send someone for drinks and/or dessert while you wait. Less anxiety, aggravation and easier to pull off successfully. To me there is nothing better than sitting around the fires, listening to the world music, sipping a beverage, waiting for the show anyway.

Well put Sir.. awesome

Blackeyed's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/25/2014
Posts: 56

Why not book the preferred viewing areas?
We got into the boat dock area at Morocco last time.. Right at the waters edge where others were not allowed to just walk in.
Once in we took turns getting some drink in to take in the fireworks show... Awesoome - I love Illuminations and getting to see them without interruption was perfect.

__________________

" I DO DISNEY!"

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Blackeyed wrote:
Why not book the preferred viewing areas?
We got into the boat dock area at Morocco last time.. Right at the waters edge where others were not allowed to just walk in.
Once in we took turns getting some drink in to take in the fireworks show... Awesoome - I love Illuminations and getting to see them without interruption was perfect.

I like this idea, but we really want to use those FP+ for some early fun BEFORE F&W but that might have to be one we "spare" for that. My DH insists on the $22 for Wishes dessert buffet and not for the food. He prefers the seating after a long day of walking.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

My kids and grand kids were there tonight. They said it was pretty good. As you can see from the table, you are not right on the water.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

King Fergus

The Colonel wrote:
My kids and grand kids were there tonight. They said it was pretty good. As you can see from the table, you are not right on the water.

Awesome...

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Yeah, by that time of nite a drink might be fine but there are better seats.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney