Pre trip - Aaannddd breathe trip Sept 2017

Login to post comments
4 posts / 0 new
Brinbunny's picture
Pre trip - Aaannddd breathe trip Sept 2017

mickey Yay today I made my penultimate booking for my DL trip in September mickey

Only thing left to do is book Walking in Walt's footsteps.

Wow what a whirlwind year 2017 is turning out to be. This trip will be my big holiday of 2017 (the others/ rest are just cheeky extras that have cropped up since i had a 3 win streak of Bingo in March then bets on the grand national and a blackjack tournament on my April cruise )

It feels really odd typing this because in 2 days I'm off to Greece on a cruise for a week, then in a month I'm off to Rome for 4 days! But onto holiday number 3 of the summer, the BIG one:

Who's going - Me, that's it , just me. I will be meeting some friends at some point but it's still a little early to say on which day.

I fly out on the 28th August and am spending my 1st 4 nights in Times Square NYC, my hotel is about a block from the Disney store so that will start me off nicely.

Plans... LOTS, I have crown tickets for Statue of Liberty and an explorer pass which I intend to make good use of, I can't wait to go to MOMA and the Guggenheim, also ride about on a movie tour, hop on hop off bus and to pay my respects to 9/11.

Then

1st September I'm off to spend 6 nights in the Quality Inn and suites, walking distance for me to the parks and also I have booked a day trip to Hollywood (last year I only had a short time there and would love to see more). This hotel was also chosen so that the New York section of the trip could happen within the budget I had.

I've booked WOC dining at Carthay Circle and Fantasmic at River belle. The rest of my trip I am going to wing it when I'm hungry.

My only reservation is that it's going to be packed over the weekend as it's a race weekend, so I picked one of those days to go to Hollywood as I figured that the park would be rammed.

I was lucky enough to do 1 day in DL last year but it was a break neck whizz around only the main park. By staying for longer I hope to be able to really take in a lot more. I've booked hopper tickets so that I can really make good use of my time.

I am also waiting for more info on the max pass that's due out this summer, if it includes photopass (I did read that it would) it may well be a great option for me. Also I see there are a few single rider queues that I can join for a speedy ride.

Other plans include hopefully some pin trading, I have my own trades from DLP but also a friend has just been to Hong Kong for work and has bought me some to trade. Add into that my Holloywood day where I can buy some trades from the soda fountain I should have a good time with that.

As always I would value any tips, must do's and anything else I may have overlooked. Especially as I am juggling so many different trips in a short space of time. mickey

Kristen K.'s picture

Brinbunny wrote:

I've booked WOC dining at Carthay Circle and Fantasmic at River belle. The rest of my trip I am going to wing it when I'm hungry.

DL is really easy to wing it with dining, there are some truly fantastic quick service spots. Rancho del Zocalo is one of my favorites. Ralph Brennan's quick service has a pretty good breakfast, and of course beignets!

If you have the chance to watch Fantasmic! on the river - do it. That's the way it was meant to be seen and it is just breathtaking. World of Color is also amazing, but try and be sure to get a good spot in front so that you can see the screens well.

Kristen K.'s picture

Just saw this post today on Disney Parks Blog

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/07/disney-maxpass-to-debut-july-19-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Brinbunny's picture

This was announced while I was away, am planning to look into the options and benefits next week when hopefully it has had some reviews.