SoloFriendy's May 2009 Trip Report

Login to post comments
29 posts / 0 new
SoloFriendly's picture
SoloFriendy's May 2009 Trip Report

Like UL, since I have my own blog and don't feel like duplicating effort, I'll be blogging about my recent solo WDW trip at my blog SoloFriendly.com. So far, I've published an initial post that includes a few of my favorite photos from my resort, Coronado Springs. Stay tuned for meatier posts to come.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

bali's picture

YAY! Heading over now!

May 2008 CSR mickey

Vettelover's picture

SoloFriendly wrote:
Like UL, since I have my own blog and don't feel like duplicating effort, I'll be blogging about my recent solo WDW trip at my blog SoloFriendly.com. So far, I've published an initial post that includes a few of my favorite photos from my resort, Coronado Springs. Stay tuned for meatier posts to come.

OK S F. Ready or not here I come jumping over to your blog yay

SpaceAce's picture

Great photos!! When are you gonna post those on the artistic photos thread?!?

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

SoloFriendly's picture

Eventually, SpaceAce. My schedule is crazy right now. I haven't even had time to process photos over the past 2 days. Real life is getting in the way!

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

bali's picture

SoloFriendly wrote:
Eventually, SpaceAce. My schedule is crazy right now. I haven't even had time to process photos over the past 2 days. Real life is getting in the way!

Bah! Real life schmeal life! Priorities woman! laugh (Just kidding... biggrin ) Love the CSR photos--beautimus!!

May 2008 CSR mickey

admin's picture

The photos of the newly decorated Coronado Springs rooms are incredible!! So luxurious!!

SoloFriendly's picture

Yeah, exactly. That's why I really think CSR is the nicest of the moderates. Not only are the grounds gorgeous, but now the rooms are deluxe-quality at a moderate price. I visited a lot of the deluxe resorts when I was there, and I have to say, I liked CSR just as much if not more than all of them. Plus there's the chaos factor: I'll write more on this in my review of Kona Cafe, but during my first trip to WDW, I fell in love with the Poly and would have loved to have stayed there if I could afford the price tag. But after seeing how crowded and loud and chaotic it is in the Grand Ceremonial House at night....NO THANK YOU. I'll take CSR's peace and quiet any day.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

cdub's picture

SoloFriendly wrote:
Yeah, exactly. That's why I really think CSR is the nicest of the moderates. Not only are the grounds gorgeous, but now the rooms are deluxe-quality at a moderate price. I visited a lot of the deluxe resorts when I was there, and I have to say, I liked CSR just as much if not more than all of them. Plus there's the chaos factor: I'll write more on this in my review of Kona Cafe, but during my first trip to WDW, I fell in love with the Poly and would have loved to have stayed there if I could afford the price tag. But after seeing how crowded and loud and chaotic it is in the Grand Ceremonial House at night....NO THANK YOU. I'll take CSR's peace and quiet any day.

I'd agree that CSR is the nicest moderate. I wouldn't go so far as to turn down the Poly though... silly

Brad's picture

I'm surprised they did such a great job upgrading CSR when I already thought it was the nicest moderate. Maybe it's a WDW gateway resort, since so many business travelers stay there, they want to show them how nice everything is.

still going over there with food reviews. very good stuff.

SoloFriendly's picture

Thanks, greebil. I have a lot more to write about, it's just hard finding time to write up the posts. Life has gotten very busy since I returned from vacation. I still haven't even processed all my photos from my trip.

Dang work gets in the way. laugh

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

admin's picture

Still, we're loving the posts. And you're still going quickly by most standards! Smile

dsoup's picture

It's good that you're getting so many posts out of one trip though, eh? I guess that's probably pretty typical though. Lots of restaurants to review and what not.

cdub's picture

Do you start making a list of posts you're going to do while you're there? Or do you go with what you want to write about and let it influence what you do? Or do you just wait until you get back and see what seems like it needs writing?

SoloFriendly's picture

cdub wrote:
Do you start making a list of posts you're going to do while you're there? Or do you go with what you want to write about and let it influence what you do? Or do you just wait until you get back and see what seems like it needs writing?

I do consider ahead of time where to eat and stay and what to do, thinking about how I can get blog reviews about of those things. If you always stay and eat at the same places, and you've already reviewed them, it's not the most effective way to do things as a blogger, you know? While I'm there, I just enjoy myself and take pictures and notes as best I can. When I return, I create a list of posts I want to write and then start working my way through it.

Thank God one trip does create so many posts, because I can only travel so many times each year and when I am not traveling, I find myself really reaching for blog post topics. So yeah, I have to maximize my trips as much as possible.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

bali's picture

SoloFriendly wrote:
Thank God one trip does create so many posts, because I can only travel so many times each year and when I am not traveling, I find myself really reaching for blog post topics. So yeah, I have to maximize my trips as much as possible.

I bet! I've always wondered how travel writers do that. Especially if they're not getting the tab picked up by some giant company that would put all sorts of restrictions on them.

May 2008 CSR mickey

SoloFriendly's picture

bali wrote:
SoloFriendly wrote:

I bet! I've always wondered how travel writers do that. Especially if they're not getting the tab picked up by some giant company that would put all sorts of restrictions on them.

And I keep wondering how other bloggers get resorts, etc. to pick up the tab for them! I'd be all over that. laugh

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

dsoup's picture

So Gray, do you think it will be as long before you go back as it was between your last 2 trips?

SoloFriendly's picture

Yes, dsoup, probably. I have a lot of other places I'd like to see, and I can only afford to travel 3 or so times per year. I like Disney World, it's fun, but I'm not as much of a Disney fan as most of you are (I'm more of a Vegas girl). And especially after this trip, when some of my favorite rides from my first trip were disappointing to me, I think I'd like to wait awhile and see if some things get refurbished, or if some interesting new shows and rides come online before I go again.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

cdub's picture

Yeah, you get more stories if you spread it around! Go to Hawaii next, I'm Jonsing to go there too so you can get me fired up about that too!

Brad's picture

Ooh! We got to plan Solofriendly's itinerary, can we pick her next destination?!?! yay

cdub's picture

Hrm, maybe she gives us a list of options and we pick?!?

dsoup's picture

I vote for Ireland!

SoloFriendly's picture

Brad wrote:
Ooh! We got to plan Solofriendly's itinerary, can we pick her next destination?!?! yay

Oh heaven help me. laugh

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

SpaceAce's picture

SoloFriendly wrote:
Brad wrote:

Oh heaven help me. laugh

Hmmm..I'm thinking Asia. Maybe India. Nepal?

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

dsoup's picture

We need a binding contract before we pick the destination!

SoloFriendly's picture

dsoup wrote:
We need a binding contract before we pick the destination!

laugh No way in hell.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

cdub's picture

Spoil Sport!