Super early pre planning for 2014 trip

Login to post comments
33 posts / 0 new
Doyouwanna's picture
Super early pre planning for 2014 trip

So many things I want to do! I'm so excited I just have to put it down on the page! Sept 24-30. The kids have off thurs and Friday and te 29th is out 12 yr wedding annicersary. We are going to stay at the sheraton vistana villages. I like having more space and we like having a car. I want to do:
Arrival day: dtd? Maybe Wolfgang pucks or maybe someone has a good suggestion
Ak: I'd love to eat at yak and yeti for lunch and maybe boma for dinner
Mk: mid day break to kona at poly. we loved BOG I would go back but it puts you very far from electric light parade viewing. We've had a lot of success with liberty tree but maybe we should try something new? Town square?
Mk: would love to do wishes boatride
Epcot: dinner at lecellier
dhs: we liked brown derby fantasmic package a lot!

Would love to make rope drop at mk
Get lots of new autographs.
Its fun to plan and dream

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

WDWfanatic's picture

It is fun to plan and dream! It all sounds good! Of course, you know, you will change it all a hundred times before you go. Well, I do anyways. As a matter of fact, I might have to work on my upcoming trip here for a while. Even though I am pretty much set with everything, I like to check out all kinds of options.

Tammi

Kristen K.'s picture

Planning is fun! And considering I was working on our 2018 trip yesterday, I don't think next fall is "super early" at all. Many of us around here have several trips in different stages of planning all the time!

WDWfanatic's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Planning is fun! And considering I was working on our 2018 trip yesterday, I don't think next fall is "super early" at all. Many of us around here have several trips in different stages of planning all the time!

Yes, and in my case, I even plan trips that I will most likely not be taking! It's that dream thing! biggrin

Tammi

Doyouwanna's picture

I totally agree. I have been thinking of what meals we want to try, what characters we want to meet. what are some of your favorite experiences. we loved:
tommorowland dessert party but once is probably enough
brown derby fantasmic package
BOG for dinner was awesome

WDWfanatic's picture

Haven't done the dessert party yet. Probably sometime in the future.

Oh, experiences:

Always Ohana! Especially if you get a great table for Hallowishes viewing!!
Hoop Dee Doo
MNSSHP
MVMCP

We were not impressed with BOG. It was gorgeous, service was awesome, the Beast was great, desserts were good, food was just not anything that we liked. There was nothing on the menu that DD's would eat. We will not be competing for a table with everyone else anytime in the near future. wink

Tammi

Doyouwanna's picture

I loved my salmon and hubby and dd loved their steak. Our 4 yr old had pasta with butter. We loved the experience. We're going to miss Halloween. Any September favorites?

Doyouwanna's picture

Tell me about hoop de do.

WDWfanatic's picture

I am glad that they loved their steak. Mine had so much pepper on it that I was on fire! I couldn't finish it. And I like pepper. I see how everyone loves BOG, so maybe the steak isn't supposed to be that peppery, or maybe I all of a sudden, in that instant, for that moment, developed a strange aversion to pepper? yuck No matter, DH thought his was ok, but would not order it again. So this family of 4 (or more if we take people to WDW with us) will not be hogging BOG ADR's. laugh More opportunity for everyone else! biggrin

I have never been in September, and this trip we are arriving Sep 28th, so I am not too sure that counts as a Sept trip. We have been twice mid October and loved it. Moved it up for my 40th, which is Oct 2. I want to be at WDW when that day hits. Nothing can cure over the hill blues like Disney? Am I right? wink We have been 3 times that last week of Jan / 1st week of Feb. That is our favorite time to go really. We have also been the first week of May and June. Which are, so far, our least favorite times.

Hoop Dee Doo is sooo much fun. The food isn't awesome, but it is good. We paid for the lower tier and were seated pretty much in the middle. It is a great show, and they come down and get the guests to participate also. They talk to you at your table. At one point, 2 came down to the middle of the floor and asked me and my DD in a high chair to move because they needed to be right there. So we slid around the table and they sang a cute little song to each other, pretty much at our table. Both DD's were mesmerized. Totally worth the extra money to be in the lower tier by the stage. A lot of fun! We did it for the first time in January and have decided to splurge again for my 40th bday trip since we will have some other family with us too. We think, since it may be my parents last time to WDW and my Aunts 1 and only trip to WDW, that it is worth the splurge for them.

My Aunt lives in San Diego and has AP's to DL, so this is just an experience for her. DL dining, for the most part, just doesn't compare to WDW dining. There are some exceptions though.

So, if you have any September hints, do tell!!! We are staying at BWV so that we can take advantage of the IG during the F&W fest. I'm excited!

Tammi

Allie's picture

Doyouwanna wrote:
Ak: I'd love to eat at yak and yeti for lunch and maybe boma for dinner

These are the exact ADRs we had for our AK day and it was perfect. I'd plan on an early lunch and a later dinner so you come hungry for all that delicious Boma food!

Kristen K. wrote:

Love this! I've had our late 2014/early 2015 trip in the works since we got back at the end of last year, and now I'm starting in on planning our first trip with Baby....probably late 2016/early 2017?

Doyouwanna's picture

Great minds think alike. I think hoop de do may be a little too much for DH. He prefers less show, better food. I'm so enticed by the 30% off resort and free dining in September. I wish there was a suite on disney property that met our quality and space needs. I think we're going to go for the villas. We like to spread out!

A 2 bedroom sheraton vistana villa is 189/night. It has a king and 2 queens and a full kitchen. We can do room breakfast since the girls are kinda over the character meals. The only one that they would be interested in is ohana because they LOve stitch! Have you done that one?
We rent a cheap car and do aaa diamond parking which rocks.

We did mnsshp in 2009. It was super fun! I wish the kids had off around that time. We are Jewish so the Christmas party isn't calling my name Wink

MrHub's picture

You want to know about Hoop Dee Do, want to see what they do to ya when you go through the wrong door when looking for the bathroom, don't listen to a CM when they say " yeah that's the right door, go ahead!". Yeah that's me on the right in the TU TU ! But you do see I have a halo & wings.

PreviewAttachmentSize
p6221943.jpg
p6221943.jpg68.77 KB
p6221944.jpg
p6221944.jpg62.09 KB
WDWfanatic's picture

We don't consider Christmas a religious holiday, even though I am Christian. We still enjoy MVMCP. I love the Hot Chocolate and kind of good cookies at MK. I like hot cocoa when it is "cooler" outside. laugh

Tammi

Doyouwanna's picture

wow mr hub, just wow

Doyouwanna's picture

my kids would love the luau at the Poly but its so poorly reviewed. any insights here?

MrHub's picture

Ha ha ha, rolling Yeah but it was fun! I had not had a drink yet either, I did after that though!

WDWfanatic's picture

mrhub! biggrin That looks like fun!!!! You're a great sport!

Tammi

WDWfanatic's picture

Have not done the luau. We will probably try the luau in the next few trips. DH does not seem too thrilled with it.

Tammi

Doyouwanna's picture

I wish they would mix up the charachter meals or special events. Would love something with the fairies

WDWfanatic's picture

OH! DD2 would love to eat with the fairies! So would DD4, but DD2 is a Tink fan big time!

Tammi

JMUDukz's picture

Doyouwanna wrote:
my kids would love the luau at the Poly but its so poorly reviewed. any insights here?

Skip it. The food was so/so (none of us enjoyed the dessert, but I've heard others enjoy it). The first part is a show that's kind of modeled loosely on Lilo and Stitch (but without the alien story line - it's just all about "O'Hana means family"). The actual luau part with the Hawaiian dancing was fun, but we were sort of ready to be done by that point. If you've ever been to a real luau, it will be disappointing. I think there are SO many other great places to eat that will be more worth the money.

Doyouwanna's picture

That's what I've heard. We've done:
BOG dinner
Breakfast with cinderella, chef mickey and Hollywood and vine
Lunch at the grand Floridian
Liberty tavern
Brown derby/fantasmic
Teppan Edo

Looking for something new/ different.
Not really into hoop-de-doo

Eyeing ohana breakfast. I like that it begins early
The campfire thing sounds cool but I'd hate to miss the fireworks

JMUDukz's picture

O'hana breakfast is awesome, if you ask me. It's family style, all-you-can-eat but delivered to the table, the food is good, there's little dances and stuff for the kids (and yeah, I was out there too, in the conga line, so guess it's for more than just kids!). Pluto, Mickey, Lilo, and Stitch are all there and come around to the table for the hugs and autographs. Stitch really plays it up (last year he had a waffle stuck in his ear). And then you can take the boat to the MK! Makes for a perfect start to the day!

JMUDukz's picture

Oh - my friends also did Askerhaus Princess Breakfast in Norway last year. They loved it. Maybe another character breakfast to consider?

MrHub's picture

Doyouwanna wrote:

We like the Luau. Yeah it corny, and I'm sure its nothing like a real Luau if you've been able to see a real one. But its fun and the food is very good. It's no worse then going to the Hoop Dee Do where you eat out of metal buckets! Here are some pictures and choose for yourself. Every experience is different, everyone has different tastes. We always have a great time and kids love it.

PreviewAttachmentSize
0127_2009_404.jpg
0127_2009_404.jpg550.41 KB
0127_2009_413.jpg
0127_2009_413.jpg697.78 KB
0127_2009_417.jpg
0127_2009_417.jpg435.14 KB
0127_2009_425.jpg
0127_2009_425.jpg283.65 KB
0127_2009_426.jpg
0127_2009_426.jpg644.59 KB
0127_2009_427.jpg
0127_2009_427.jpg355.58 KB
0127_2009_442.jpg
0127_2009_442.jpg544.96 KB
0127_2009_450.jpg
0127_2009_450.jpg331.53 KB
0127_2009_460.jpg
0127_2009_460.jpg192.24 KB
0127_2009_463.jpg
0127_2009_463.jpg265.12 KB
0127_2009_468.jpg
0127_2009_468.jpg232.65 KB
Doyouwanna's picture

Maybe? I like that cinderellas castle lea you enter the park before opening. Maybe epcot is similar. Without emh its a positive for us

WDWfanatic's picture

Akershus breakfast is good. My advice, don't get ADR's for near the end of breakfast, they start taking breakfast items away without replacing the items with lunch items. We have done Akershus twice, and as far as I can tell, the earlier the better.

Ohana breakfast is very good also. Both Akershus & Ohana are all you care to eat, served to you. Akershus, though, also has a buffet that you can visit for other items. They bring scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon & sausage to your table at both.

With any breakfast inside a park, if you are into photo ops, get an early ADR, before the park opens. That way you can get pics with the big icon while the park is pretty much empty.

Tusker House is our favorite breakfast character meal. It just seems that the buffet is so big and some of the items are pretty unique. Makes it so easy to eat early and get right over to Kilimanjaro Safari.

We also had fun at 1900 Park Fare. We really like the dinner there, but we tried the breakfast in October. I am a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, and it was neat to have breakfast with the gang. The Mad Hatter was kind of creepy though. I am not sure what it was, but he kind of creeped me out. But it was still pretty cool to get the pics.

Tammi

Doyouwanna's picture

Good tips! Thank you. DH gets agitated when a charachter meal sets back of park entry time. We don't get ino mk after chef mickey until 10:30 with an 8:15 breakfast. No one was happy!

Doyouwanna's picture

Asherkus or tusker house just moved up in the ranks. Although my girls love stitch the most

Kristen K.'s picture

Allie wrote:

Kristen K. wrote:

Love this! I've had our late 2014/early 2015 trip in the works since we got back at the end of last year, and now I'm starting in on planning our first trip with Baby....probably late 2016/early 2017?

2018 will we our 20th Wedding Anniversary and I want to do a vow renewal. LoL... I'm gonna need 5 years prep to pay for it.

WDWfanatic's picture

Doyouwanna wrote:
Good tips! Thank you. DH gets agitated when a charachter meal sets back of park entry time. We don't get ino mk after chef mickey until 10:30 with an 8:15 breakfast. No one was happy!

Totally agree with delaying park entry. I tend to try to make our breakfasts inside parks. It's tough to get everyone up and out the door that early, but once we are moving we find our groove. I like to make the breakfast ADR's for before the park opens. You just can't eat breakfast with characters and not delay entry. One of the reasons we don't like to have lunch ADR's. Seems like just when you get going you have to stop and place yourself in the right area to make your ADR. We just can't ever get it right and spend a lot of time wasting time waiting for ADR's. We like to start and / or end our day with ADR's.

We will be doing Akershus in September at 820am. That way we are not going to be too late getting to Futureworld then coming back around the World Showcase for our dinner ADR at Biergarten at 645pm. Leaving us enough time to eat and stake out an Illuminations viewing spot near the International Gateway for our quick escape.

Tammi