WDW trip possibly planned for July 2014

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
lfk71's picture
WDW trip possibly planned for July 2014

Hi, muchlove

I can't tell how thrilled I am to have found this forum. My husband and I are looking to plan a trip to WDW in July of this year. Neither one of us have ever been and I need HELP in planning our vacation. I have so many questions. Where do we stay, do we get a dining plan, etc.... It is very overwhelming to say the least. I would appreciate any advice and help that you have to share.

Thanks,
Leslie

jhugo's picture

Welcome! You have come to the right place. I just joined the forum myself and love all the info and advice. You are going to have a blast at Disney. How many days were you going to stay? Are you planning on staying on the grounds? What kind of food are you into? Please keep us updated on all your planning.

lfk71's picture

We are planning on staying an entire week....7 days.
Yes, we want to stay in the park.
We will not be in our hotel much. We like to go, go ,go. I don't mind eating something quick during the day, but I would like to eat a nice meal at night. We are not picky eaters at all. We like just about everything.

alicemouse's picture

Welcome, Leslie! We all love to talk plans and offer suggestions here. The WDW website can be rather...vague in its descriptions, so if you see something that looks interesting, just ask. Someone here has probably tried it for real!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Magic Mirror's picture

Hello and Welcome! You are on the right track to start planning your trip now!
If you are going to be on the go....and want to save money....you may want to consider
staying in a value or moderate resort.....so ask away...lots of friendly folks
On this sight will be happy to share their experiences!

jhugo's picture

I totally agree with Magic Mirror that if you don't spend a lot of time in your room go for Moderate or Value. For Moderate my favorite is Port Orleans French Quarter and for value it's Pop century. If you want to hit a lot of rides in the park go for quick service meals for lunch or snacks and have a relaxing sit down dinner at night. You are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to hear how your plans shape up.

JMUDukz's picture

Welcome!! We love to help people plan their trips!! clapping I second the recommendation for Port Orleans, both French Quarter and Riverside (sometimes one is a little cheaper). They are nice and relaxing, and even though you will be in the parks, sometimes it's still nice to go back to the resort and relax by the pool. Both of these resorts have really nice amenities at a decent price!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Magic Days's picture

Welcome Leslie, If your not spending much time in the room I could recomend Pop Century for your stay as it's the one we stay at when we go. If you use magical express it's the second stop. Once checked into your room and your ready to explore the kingdom the buses normally head directly to your destinations making getting to and from the parks a little quicker. If you've not booked your trip yet you might consider using a travel agent to help make sure you get the best deal. We use our AAA and saved a few dollars more than an offer Disney sent us. Many people recommend ordering the planning DVD to help you see a little more of your options and also get in the Disney mail system. You never know when a deal might pop up. Reading some of the trip reports might give you some ideas of the amazing things Disney has to offer. If you find something you'd like to know more about just ask away. This is an amazing group of Disney fans.

Spook's picture

We pretty much are just in our room to sleep so we stay at Value resorts. A lot of teams and tour groups stay there but we've never had a problem with noise or anything. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for our honeymoon in 2012 and it was really nice.
As for the dining plan it all depends on your eating style. For us it's not worth it but we don't do many sit down meals. Also, you get an entree and dessert so like others on this forum if you prefer an app over dessert, it might not be worth it.

kathys's picture

My first suggestion is to go to some very good sites such as this one but All Ears, Disney Passporter and such will also help. If possible I would get the Disney Passporter as that has so much information and daily sheets with pockets to keep track of what you have done on a particular day. And i also love the Port Orleans resort (I have stayed a both several times). Riverside is a big resort with a sit down restuarant and French Quarters is a much smaller resort with no sitdown restuarant but it is very lovely (staying there in May again). And both have a wonderful boat ride to Downtown Disney.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Vettelover's picture

Hello Leslie and welcome to WDWFG.

Allie's picture

Hi and welcome! Your first Disney trip, how exciting! clapping My biggest advice is just to research a bit first (this site is GREAT for that, I have learned so much since I started coming on here) to kind of get an idea of what you'd like to do (more rides or more sit down meals, any special excursions, etc) and when any questions come up just ask away. WDW is HUGE so you're obviously not going to be able to see and do it all on your first trip, but planning ahead so you have an idea of what you'd most like to include is your best bet to get the most out of your vacation! Plus they're all sorts of things to learn about including the new magic band system, dining plan options, etc etc etc.