What would you spend $250 on?

Login to post comments
33 posts / 0 new
What would you spend $250 on?

If you got an unexpected VISA gift card for $250, and decided to spend it all at Disney, what would you buy?

Would you go for 1-2 expensive art or collector items, a series of mid-range ($25-$40) items, or lots and lots of little things, like pins and such? Or mix it all up?

Since we do not have the dining plan this trip, I thought about a super-nice restaurant meal, but since we are only there for a few days, I don't want to spend that kind of time sit-down eating vs. seeing all the holiday decor.

Tony's picture

I wouldn't get a chance to spend it. Mrs T would do that before I'd even thought about what to do.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

RobynPrincess's picture

there's a painting i have had my eye on for a few years, i'd finally buy it

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

caitiesus's picture

Probably a painting. We love Disney art!

cdub's picture

I'd probably just spend it on defraying other costs of the trip, BUT if I had to spend it on something fun, there are some paintings I would definitely take a look at.

PsychoAlice's picture

Id get as far as Japan (via the UK) and Id be broke..

Lizzy_B's picture

This time of year? Christmas shopping! Smile

LifeIsForLiving's picture

Nachos.

Lizzy_B's picture

LifeIsForLiving wrote:
Nachos.

Well...if truth be told...I started to say Margaritas at the Cava de la Tequila...or Pomegranite Kirs in France Smile

admin's picture

On my last trip to WDW I had a bunch of Disney Visa Rewards points that I needed to spend before they expired.

I asked a cast member what I should do, and she said to either buy gift cards with them (which never expire, giving me more time to decide how to spend the money) or put the money toward a new annual pass. I thought the annual pass was a great idea, and did that.

Bella's picture

A cool art piece would be good! On our honeymoon we wanted to buy something special so we bought a small piece of art work and I love it..

mickey Bella

bali's picture

I like the idea of putting it towards an Annual Pass!

May 2008 CSR mickey

caitiesus's picture

I am changing my answer! I would head over to the Bull and Bear Steakhouse! It looks amazing

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/17/review-bull-and-bear-steakhouse-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/

dsoup's picture

Nice!

PsychoAlice's picture

caitiesus wrote:
I am changing my answer! I would head over to the Bull and Bear Steakhouse! It looks amazing

[url=http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/17/review-bull-and-bear-steakhouse-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/17/review-bull-and-bear-steakhouse-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/[/quote[/url]]

oh oh oh!! If you pull up the menu and look for the rack of colorado lamb..OURAY COLORADO! Thats about a 45 minute drive from here!

Here is the sleepy town of Ouray:

admin's picture

PsychoAlice wrote:
caitiesus wrote:

[url=http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/17/review-bull-and-bear-steakhouse-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/17/review-bull-and-bear-steakhouse-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/[/quote[/url]]

oh oh oh!! If you pull up the menu and look for the rack of colorado lamb..OURAY COLORADO! Thats about a 45 minute drive from here!

Here is the sleepy town of Ouray:

So pretty!!!!

Bella's picture

caitiesus wrote:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/17/review-bull-and-bear-steakhouse-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/

Insert emoticon with jaw hitting the floor here.

Oh, my, goodness. That place looks AMAZING!

I change my answer too..Bella would hire a baby sitter and go THERE.

mickey Bella

SpaceAce's picture

Holy Mac and Cheese! Looks great. I wonder how much the rooms are at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando.

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

This is what came back per night when I inquired about a 12/3 - 12/5 stay. Why, yes, I'll take the King Suite with the Disney View, please!

BEST AVAILABLE RATE

299.00 USD
- DELUXE KING

1,500.00 USD
- LUXURY SUITE

489.00 USD
- DELUXE KING SUITE WITH BALCONY

489.00 USD
- DELUXE KING SUITE WITH BALCONY DISNEY VIEW

2,200.00 USD
- WALDORF KING SUITE WITH DISNEY VIEW

caitiesus's picture

JeffC wrote:
This is what came back per night when I inquired about a 12/3 - 12/5 stay. Why, yes, I'll take the King Suite with the Disney View, please!

BEST AVAILABLE RATE

299.00 USD
- DELUXE KING

1,500.00 USD
- LUXURY SUITE

489.00 USD

489.00 USD

2,200.00 USD

Well now I know the first thing I am doing once I win the lottery! laugh

bali's picture

JeffC wrote:

BEST AVAILABLE RATE

299.00 USD
- DELUXE KING

1,500.00 USD
- LUXURY SUITE

489.00 USD

489.00 USD

2,200.00 USD

Seriously, though, if the deluxe king at the waldorf astoria is CHEAPER than most WDW deluxe resort STANDARD rooms, I wonder how much the NON-deluxe rooms at the Waldorf cost. Seems like it could be a pretty good deal!

May 2008 CSR mickey

Lizzy_B's picture

Bella wrote:
caitiesus wrote:

Would Bella allow Lizzy to get a sitter and tag along as well? Truth be told...sunshine and beaches do get a little tiresome from time to time...

Bella's picture

bali wrote:
JeffC wrote:

BEST AVAILABLE RATE

299.00 USD
- DELUXE KING

1,500.00 USD
- LUXURY SUITE

489.00 USD

489.00 USD

2,200.00 USD

Seriously, though, if the deluxe king at the waldorf astoria is CHEAPER than most WDW deluxe resort STANDARD rooms, I wonder how much the NON-deluxe rooms at the Waldorf cost. Seems like it could be a pretty good deal!

That's what I was wondering...$299 seems fairly reasonable for the flipping Waldorf.

mickey Bella

Bella's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Bella wrote:
caitiesus wrote:

Would Bella allow Lizzy to get a sitter and tag along as well? Truth be told...sunshine and beaches do get a little tiresome from time to time...

Sure come along..and not only are we staying at the Waldorf but the Fairy Godmother has volunteered to watch both our little nuggets...and clean our houses.

mickey Bella

Brad's picture

I saw $199 for a room there once which is really reasonable. Plus I was told you often get upgraded to the suites if they're empty. Plus they do service even better than Disney. If only you could walk to Epcot!

DisneyDee27's picture

It would go towards pins and beverages in the world showcase.
Dee mickey

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

J.P.'s picture

SARATOGA SPRINGS SPA!!!

I'd get a swedish massage, or put the money towards a couples relaxation package!

ChipnDaleFan's picture

I've always wanted to buy the poster's from the poster shop of each land (fantasyland, tomorrowland, etc.) and have the framed and placed around my basement so I could always feel like I was there! Also, toss in a Country Bears and Haunted Mansion Poster and I'd be happy!

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Bella's picture

Oh I just re-read this thread...oh the Waldorf! And my dreams of lounging around on the couches in the lobby in my Waldorf robe just so everyone knows..yes..I am indeed staying here.

mickey Bella

Kristen K.'s picture

JeffC wrote:
If you got an unexpected VISA gift card for $250, and decided to spend it all at Disney, what would you buy?

Right now, I would use it to do some table service while I'm in Disneyland next month. However in most cases, it would be a new Disney Dooney bag. LOL!

Melissa W's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
JeffC wrote:

Right now, I would use it to do some table service while I'm in Disneyland next month. However in most cases, it would be a new Disney Dooney bag. LOL!

I think I'd do a Dooney bag also! Or maybe a bunch of stuff for my kitchen!