Where Are You From.?

Login to post comments
197 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

jw24 wrote:
I'll specify my location a little. I said the Princeton area but there are so many places in that area! So update it to West Windsor, NJ for me.

Done! mickey

Ms.Mouse wrote:
NHShorty, I guess I wasn't very specific and I can't believe I am the only one from Texas....but I am right on the coast in League City. Very close to Galveston and Houston.
awesome

I LOVE your location on the coast! I'm sure there are other forum members from TX - they just haven't announced yet! mickey

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

nhshorty wrote:
jw24 wrote:
I'll specify my location a little. I said the Princeton area but there are so many places in that area! So update it to West Windsor, NJ for me.

Done! mickey

Ms.Mouse wrote:
NHShorty, I guess I wasn't very specific and I can't believe I am the only one from Texas....but I am right on the coast in League City. Very close to Galveston and Houston.
awesome

I LOVE your location on the coast! I'm sure there are other forum members from TX - they just haven't announced yet! mickey

I think our owner Brad is from TX.

EmFord's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 414

nhshorty wrote:
EmFord wrote:
This is awesome! Its so cool to see where we are all located. Could you move my marker to Wilmington, DE? I know it shouldn't matter since we're such a small state but I'm a bit farther north than my marker. biggrin

A small but beautiful state! awesome

Your marker has been updated!

Thanks! muchlove

edit: darn looks like it thinks I'm in Wilmington, North Carolina now. I wish...

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

I learn so much as I play with this - for example, if I input a city and state but the city name is in more than one state - it won't map correctly unless I input the zip code. So you are now back in Delaware! muchlove

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

I'm from south Jersey but I currently live in North Dakota unfortunatly.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

h0ney227 wrote:
I'm from south Jersey but I currently live in North Dakota unfortunatly.

You are now pinned on the map! mickey

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

Wow thanks NHShorty for the map. It is super. I actually live in Charleroi, PA 15022 about 25 miles south of Pittsburgh.

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

PirateGirl wrote:
Wow thanks NHShorty for the map. It is super. I actually live in Charleroi, PA 15022 about 25 miles south of Pittsburgh.

Your pin has been moved! Enjoy! mickey

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

nhshorty wrote:
PirateGirl wrote:
Wow thanks NHShorty for the map. It is super. I actually live in Charleroi, PA 15022 about 25 miles south of Pittsburgh.

Your pin has been moved! Enjoy! mickey

Thanks!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3849

awesome! Mine looks pretty spot on!!!!! wink

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1681

Ok, so since everyone else is fine-tuning their spot, I will do the same. KenJ and I are from Guelph, Ontario, which is probably about 1/2 way between Toronto and London.

Thanks nhshorty!

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

JanJ wrote:
Ok, so since everyone else is fine-tuning their spot, I will do the same. KenJ and I are from Guelph, Ontario, which is probably about 1/2 way between Toronto and London.

Thanks nhshorty!

Your pins are moved! mickey

BarbaraB's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/13/2014
Posts: 402

Great map, nhshorty! Thanks for all your hard work. I'll fine tune my pin as well. Please move me from Philadelphia, PA to Levittown, PA. Zip code is 19054 (since I know there's a Levittown, NY as well). There are actually several zip codes for Levittown. You can use any one of them from 19054 to 19058. Thanks again!

__________________

~ Barb ~

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

BarbaraB wrote:
Great map, nhshorty! Thanks for all your hard work. I'll fine tune my pin as well. Please move me from Philadelphia, PA to Levittown, PA. Zip code is 19054 (since I know there's a Levittown, NY as well). There are actually several zip codes for Levittown. You can use any one of them from 19054 to 19058. Thanks again!

You are moved Ms. Barbara! mickey

King Fergus

I owe you a drink nhshorty...Awesome map..But not one person from South America.. eek

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

the map is awesome! Thanks for all your hard work xxxxxxxx

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

King Fergus wrote:
I owe you a drink nhshorty...Awesome map..But not one person from South America.. eek

We're missing quite a bit of the globe--and poor Ange all alone "down under"! We have to find some more Australian friends!

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

BarbaraB's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/13/2014
Posts: 402

nhshorty wrote:
BarbaraB wrote:
Great map, nhshorty! Thanks for all your hard work. I'll fine tune my pin as well. Please move me from Philadelphia, PA to Levittown, PA. Zip code is 19054 (since I know there's a Levittown, NY as well). There are actually several zip codes for Levittown. You can use any one of them from 19054 to 19058. Thanks again!

You are moved Ms. Barbara! mickey

Thank you! awesome

__________________

~ Barb ~

Ange's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/19/2013
Posts: 47

alicemouse wrote:
King Fergus wrote:
I owe you a drink nhshorty...Awesome map..But not one person from South America.. eek

We're missing quite a bit of the globe--and poor Ange all alone "down under"! We have to find some more Australian friends!

I'm all alone, surrounded by a lot of water. There must be some other locals around here somewhere.

Since there is an in-depth map can I please get my pin relocated. If you see down the south east corner of the state of Queensland and just a little bit west inland theres a town called Dalby, well that is more specifically where I live. Thanks

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

Ange, your pin now reflects the lovely town of Dalby! mickey

jhugo's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2014
Posts: 717

I am loving the map! Thanks nhshorty. clapping

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

MrHub, would there be a way to put a link to nhshorty's map on the main page or somewhere else that would be conspicuous so we don't have to find the thread and locate a comment where the link was provided to watch the progress as the WDWFG empire grows?

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

King Fergus

alicemouse wrote:
MrHub, would there be a way to put a link to nhshorty's map on the main page or somewhere else that would be conspicuous so we don't have to find the thread and locate a comment where the link was provided to watch the progress as the WDWGF empire grows?

Awesome idea...The map is brilliant awesome ...I could never have done it...My technology on computing is awful.. awesome

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

King Fergus wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
MrHub, would there be a way to put a link to nhshorty's map on the main page or somewhere else that would be conspicuous so we don't have to find the thread and locate a comment where the link was provided to watch the progress as the WDWGF empire grows?

Awesome idea...The map is brilliant awesome ...I could never have done it...My technology on computing is awful.. awesome

WDWGF--oops...letters are not my friend this morning...*facepalm*

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

That is super awesome!

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

alicemouse wrote:
MrHub, would there be a way to put a link to nhshorty's map on the main page or somewhere else that would be conspicuous so we don't have to find the thread and locate a comment where the link was provided to watch the progress as the WDWFG empire grows?

Actually I'm going to ask Admin to sticky a thread in the "Welcome to WDWFG! Introduce Yourself!" section.

King Fergus

MrHub wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
MrHub, would there be a way to put a link to nhshorty's map on the main page or somewhere else that would be conspicuous so we don't have to find the thread and locate a comment where the link was provided to watch the progress as the WDWFG empire grows?

Actually I'm going to ask Admin to sticky a thread in the "Welcome to WDWFG! Introduce Yourself!" section.

Great idea... awesome

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/where-are-you-map

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

Great idea! awesome I'm happy to keep it updated....it's locked down so it can only be edited by the admin. mickey

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3849

Mrferret wrote:
Ok folks
Though i would chime in today (9th May) as it is a special celebration day on my little rock ... It is our liberation day from the German forces that occupied the channel islands during the second world war.
I live on the Island of Guernsey in the English channel.
More info here;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernsey

actually seeing your location on the map made me google your location... What a beautiful island! Looks pretty magical from the pics I saw!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too