JanJ and KenJ's September 2014 Trip Report

Login to post comments
209 posts / 0 new
JanJ's picture
JanJ and KenJ's September 2014 Trip Report

Allie has inspired me to start our trip report now for our upcoming September trip.

We are down to 59 days, so it will be here very soon. clapping yay

I did our online check in yesterday and booked some FP+ and now we are pretty much ready to go except for the packing. This is our second September trip and we enjoyed the low crowds so much last year, we are headed back for the same week. We do like to keep some days completely open for impromptu plans and have only booked FP+ for 5 of the 8 days we are at WDW. We found we could book same day FP+ on our recent January trip, so feel pretty confident that we should be able to do the same in September, but we could be wrong as now it's widely known that off site guests can now book at 30 days out.

Our plans so far:

August 30th
We are flying WestJet out of Toronto at 10:30am and should arrive at MCO around 1:15pm. Thinking we should be at the Boardwalk between 2:30-3. Once we get checked in, we'll head over to Epcot. We will probably upgrade our passes to annual passes this time as we know for sure we are headed back to WDW in January and then we can get a TIW card to save some $$ on dining. We'll then head to France for a Grey Goose lemon slush (Ken prefers the Gran Marnier orange) and then make our way to Germany so Ken can get a beer. We have no other plans this day, except our dinner at The Flying Fish for 7:10pm. We'll just hang around the Boardwalk area this night.

August 31st
Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe - French Toast anyone? We are headed to MK today and have booked FP+ for:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Peter Pan's Flight
BTRM
Dinner plans are up in the air

September 1st
AK this morning, although we don't expect to make rope drop. FP's planned for:
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids (don't think Ken will go on this ride) and
the Safari
We have a late lunch planned at Yak & Yeti and then we will go back to the room for a little while as tonight is MNSSHP. Just thinking we will wear orange and black - we're not real costume people.

September 2nd
Absolutely nothing planned this day - maybe a trip to DTD and Bread and Butter pudding at Raglan Road?? We would like to try the Characters in Flight once it gets dark, so maybe this is the day.

September 3rd
DHS in the morning with FP's for:
TSM
ToT and
Star Tours (we will not use this one as neither one of us can handle the motion - this is the time I wish we could just pick 2. Not even sure if we will hit ToT, but I would like to try it again. It's a very different sensation, but it was fun our first time).

September 4th
Our morning is free and we have late afternoon/early evening FP's at Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
Soarin' and
Maelstrom
We have the After Hours Wind Down booked for Tutto Gusto this night. Might be an Epcot day with a late lunch at Tokyo Dining? This day might be a good one to venture over to the Polynesian and check out the construction and have a late breakfast at Kona Cafe.

September 5th
This day is our 22nd anniversary and we have dinner plans for the Yachtsman Steakhouse - yummy!! We have FP's planned in the afternoon for MK:
Haunted Mansion
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and
Splash Mountain
If we haven't made it to the Poly yet, this would be another good day for that.

September 6th
Nothing planned this day - it's our last full day, so we'll play it by ear. This would be a good day to do anything we have left that we want to make sure we do. Maybe a 4-park day? We've done 3 parks in one day, but never 4, so today might be the day.

September 7th
Our flight leaves at 2:10pm, so I expect we'll have to get on the Tragical Express around 11:30 or so. That will leave us time to enjoy our coffee and breakfast on our balcony before we need to head out. We arrive back in Toronto around 5pm and assuming all goes well with Customs, we should be home by 7pm. We both have the next day off, so we'll be able to rest up before we head back to work on the Tuesday.

And then the countdown begins for our January 2015 trip! mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Sounds like a great trip planned

Spook's picture

Sounds like a great trip! We're thinking about maybe going in September 2015 so I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip mickey

Magic Mirror's picture

Oh yes....it all sounds good...especially the annual pass part!

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Sounds like so much fun. I love the idea of having a few days free to "go with the flow." Do you have any interest in seeing the Frozen events or activities on 8/31 or 9/1, since those are the last 2 days they're having the special Frozen events at HS-for now anyway wink

amy1989's picture

Sounds like a great trip planned Jan!!! can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

JanJ's picture

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
Sounds like so much fun. I love the idea of having a few days free to "go with the flow." Do you have any interest in seeing the Frozen events or activities on 8/31 or 9/1, since those are the last 2 days they're having the special Frozen events at HS-for now anyway wink

I've thought about that Annie, but we haven't seen the movie yet, so it's not top of the list, although I would like to check out the fireworks. Maybe Sunday?

MrHub's picture

My kind of a plan Jan! Sounds great.

kathys's picture

Sounds great and the orange and black outfit works. biggrin And I hope you have a very magical Anniversary dinner at Yachtsman. So here is an early Happy Anniversary.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

jhugo's picture

Sounds like it is going to be an amazing trip!

Allie's picture

Aw your anniversary is 2 days after ours! muchlove We'll be at AK the same day as you if you want to meet up for a dole whip with rum? Otherwise we're in Epcot on your free day the next day if you want to pencil us in for a Grey goose sushi meet up. awesome

CEB NYC's picture

Sounds so fun! It must be great knowing anything you miss you'll be able to do just a couple of months later on your next trip.

JanJ's picture

Allie wrote:
Aw your anniversary is 2 days after ours! muchlove We'll be at AK the same day as you if you want to meet up for a dole whip with rum? Otherwise we're in Epcot on your free day the next day if you want to pencil us in for a Grey goose sushi meet up. awesome

Got married over the Labour Day weekend I see? Very popular as you can see by our date!

Our FP's for Kali River Rapids are about the same time (ours is 10:20-11:20), so we might see you there. Maybe after you see Finding Nemo and before our lunch at Yak & Yeti at 2pm? Tuesday would work too as we are completely open. Meet up after your last FP and before you have lunch or just after you have lunch? We'll figure it out closer to the date and I'll PM you my contact details.

JanJ's picture

Thanks everyone! Just counting down the days now, although I don't want to wish the summer away. cool

Allie's picture

JanJ wrote:
Allie wrote:
Aw your anniversary by is 2 days after ours! muchlove We'll be at AK the same day as you if you want to meet up for a dole whip with rum? Otherwise we're in Epcot on your free day the next day if you want to pencil us in for a Grey goose sushi meet up. awesome

Got married over the Labour Day weekend I see? Very popular as you can see by our date!

Our FP's for Kali River Rapids are about the same time (ours is 10:20-11:20), so we might see you there. Maybe after you see Finding Nemo and before our lunch at Yak & Yeti at 2pm? Tuesday would work too as we are completely open. Meet up after your last FP and before you have lunch or just after you have lunch? We'll figure it out closer to the date and I'll PM you my contact details.

Sounds good! We'll figure something out Smile

alicemouse's picture

Sounds like a great trip, Jan! yay

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Eeyore's picture

Sounds like a great plan! You guys are leaving the day my family arrives in WDW! (minus my husband and I!) Smile

JMed's picture

Sounds amazing! I keep changing EVERYTHING on my plan! Can't wait to hear the TR

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Looks like a fun trip. You plan very similar to the way we do.

JanJ's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Sounds like a great trip, Jan! yay

Thanks alicemouse! awesome

Eeyore wrote:
Sounds like a great plan! You guys are leaving the day my family arrives in WDW! (minus my husband and I!) Smile

Too bad you won't be with them - next time maybe?

JMed wrote:
Sounds amazing! I keep changing EVERYTHING on my plan! Can't wait to hear the TR

We change some things and then add some others once we arrive and see how we feel. That's a benefit to going during low season.

scrappy wrote:
Looks like a fun trip. You plan very similar to the way we do.

Thanks scrappy! I'm sure that's one of the reasons we hit it off in January! wink

disneydoc's picture

Your plans sound awesome. I wanna go back right now. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JanJ's picture

Got some Mickey Mail today!!! We've never gotten this before, so it's extra exciting. Won't be long now. clapping yay

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg2.07 MB
MrHub's picture

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay clapping yay clapping awesome I'm happy for you too!
banana banana

Mandy's picture

Yay!!! I would love to meet up with you two!

JanJ's picture

Mandy wrote:
Yay!!! I would love to meet up with you two!

That would be great Mandy - I'll send you a PM when we get closer and you can let us know your schedule.

Mandy's picture

Sounds like a plan!

The Colonel's picture

Mouse mail. Woo hoo! stars

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Allie's picture

Yay! Love Mickey Mail! We're so close now! stars

Spook's picture

yay Hooray for Mickey Mail!

I got 4 of those today! 2 for October (because we added a night at AOA) one for January and one for February.

I can't believe how fast your trip is coming up! Time is just a flying!

Yeah, and the mouse mail is always addressed to Jan... waiting

Hang on...

I'm still going too right? eek

crossfingers

AnnielovesDisney's picture

The mouse mail always comes in my name too. I guess Minnie is in charge of sending out the mail biggrin