Yes, Again! Why I Keep Going Back to Walt Disney World

Disney fans that travel frequently to the Parks generally experience one great frustration at home that unites us. No, it's not the desire to get back down to our Walt Disney World home. It's not the wallet draining price increases when we begrudgingly fork over the cash for our next trip. What it is - is the friends, co-workers, and family members who just don't understand how we can spend so much time and money traveling to the same place. So for the record, here's a list of a few of the reasons why I keep returning to Walt Disney World.

Why I Keep Going Back to Walt Disney WorldWhy I Keep Going Back to Walt Disney World

Parents and children are encouraged to play together. How often does that happen? In fact, the need to have a place where adults and children could play together was Walt Disney's inspiration for Disneyland. No parent has to sit on the sidelines eating peanuts on a bench while their kids have fun, unless of course that's what they want to do.

Such A Sad Thing To Be In Dole Whip WithdrawlSuch A Sad Thing To Be In Dole Whip Withdrawl

There's always something changing and new at Walt Disney World, so even if you go frequently and feel like you've done everything, wait a year and there will be whole new experiences for you. Annual special events include some of the most wonderful festivals I've ever attended. Sure you've been to all the Parks, but have you been at Christmastime, Halloween, or during Food & Wine and the Flower & Garden Festivals? There's so much to see!

How Many Trips Do You Plan At A Time?How Many Trips Do You Plan At A Time?

Walt Disney World appeals to people of all ages, making it a vacation destination that grows as you do. The things that you enjoy when you're 5 or 10, can still be appreciated when you're 25 or 50 by simply looking at them through different lenses of life experience. The joy of watching your kids share something that you loved as a child too, that's downright priceless.

Walt Disney World for Grown-Ups!  Just Read Our WebsiteWalt Disney World for Grown-Ups! Just Read Our Website

It's not all about characters and rides. Of course there are plenty of those things, that's a big part of the attraction, but Disney World is home to world-class theater, spectacular dining, fun sporting events, outdoor activities and marathon shopping. Plus if you pay attention, you just might learn something while enjoying all that the Parks and Resorts offer.

TruthTruth

Disney Parks are the cleanest I have ever been to. I have a "big name" theme park near where I live, and frankly, it's filthy. Disney Parks have amazing custodial systems, from every cast member doing their part keeping it clean, to underground garbage vacuums, and serious recycling programs, Disney stays on the front edge of making sure you can enjoy yourself without fretting over grime.

Magic WordsMagic Words

Finally, there is no one, absolute way to experience Walt Disney World. There are many different methods and strategies to tackle the Vacation Kingdom, and they all work for someone out there.

Keep The Faith My Disney FriendsKeep The Faith My Disney Friends

I have been traveling to Walt Disney World every year (sometimes many times a year) for more than four decades. I still haven't seen or done it all, and with all of the exciting things that are currently in the works, that's not something I can even imagine having to worry about. Disney is the home of my heart, and no matter how many times someone looks at me like I'm crazy and says "Again!?" my answer will still be the same. "Yes, again! And I can't wait."

Represent below in the comments if you know where I'm coming from.

Alice wrote on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 13:52:

Alice's picture

i love going to Disney Florida, we feel safe there.
Love the hotel and food. Love the extras like Merry Christmas party, Osboune lights, and fantastic . We never get bored and we are in our 80's
Love WDW this year will be our 23rd visit

Layne Smith wrote on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 15:45:

Layne Smith's picture

Like you, my husband and I go to Disneyworld every year, sometimes multiple times. I have two trips "on the books" right now, and we (my husband, niece and friends) are enjoying every detail of the planning....it's almost as fun as the trip itself. Almost!! I can't say or describe anything else any better than you....well said!! And now I wait for the day we hear, "welcome home!!"

Traci C wrote on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 19:10:

I've been going to Walt Disney World Resort since 1974 (when I was just a wee little one) and I'll keep going back every year. Because it's just that amazing. Sure I love other places too (like the beach) but darn it all, every time I see Cinderella Castle I get all mushy and weepy and I'm "home."

Also, I LOVE that you used Disney-themed someecards as the "art" for this article. ;)

alicemouse wrote on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 20:20:

alicemouse's picture

Haha!! I just used the "you go to the same beach every year" defense on someone earlier today!

Why do I go back? You hit the nail on the head: "The things that you enjoy when you're 5 or 10, can still be appreciated when you're 25 or 50 by simply looking at them through different lenses of life experience." This is what it's all about for me. I love to see the logistics and behind the scenes part of the place where I first understood what magic is.

I only got to go 3 times before I was 29. Almost halfway through my 30's, I'm bow up to a dozen trips and counting. There are lots of other places that I want to go, too, but I'll be using Adventures by Disney to get there (I hope).

charissa wrote on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 20:31:

charissa's picture

I went for the first time in '09. By day 2, we were saying things, like "next year when we come back.." This fall will be our 7th trip, and the countdown is on!

Kristen K. wrote on Wed, 06/17/2015 - 22:12:

Yay!! I love hearing about how frequently everyone travels to Disney and why, it does my pixie dusted heart good.

Traci - I had such a hard time picking just the right images, there were so many with a Disney theme!

Nic B. wrote on Mon, 06/22/2015 - 02:56:

Nic B.'s picture

It all started when we spent our honeymoon at Disneyworld. Then we went back the next year for a short trip. Then 2 years later, and 2 years later, and this year..... We never intended it to become such a habit, but every trip is different. Every trip is just as memorable. I don't know when we will make it back because I am thinking of planning a 10-year anniversary trip to Aulani for 2018 and that will be a lot of saved nickels and dimes. In the meantime, I will continue to help plan trips for my friends, and dream about that next trip!

njv wrote on Mon, 07/13/2015 - 18:07:

njv's picture

My husband and I have gone each year since 1999. We just know that we would not have as much fun or be in such a fabulous place if we went somewhere else. You can be as busy as you want, but you can also spend quality resort time at your favorite Disney hotel and enjoy all of the great service and food. We have no intention of going anywhere else. :)

Phyllis wrote on Thu, 09/02/2021 - 03:11: