100 Day Ritual?

Login to post comments
18 posts / 0 new
oldtink's picture
100 Day Ritual?

Does anyone have a ritual, celebration, or such when marking certain days prior to trip? Of course when we hit FP+ booking day, it's more of a breakfast since I will be up before 7PM. But next week marks 100 days and DH thinks we should do something "different"! Open to ideas?

Note! Lots happens between now and trip: summer school, summer musical, and moving...but......

yay clapping yay clapping yay clapping

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Kristen K.'s picture

Hrmmmm.... I don't think I do have a 100 day celebration, but that sounds like a great idea.

King Fergus

Lol..My neighbours think I'am crazy but I have a large,and I mean large, Stars & Stripes flag which I put on my flag pole in my back yad when certain days occur..Like when I book my ADRS..I put it up on the weekend this year when I booked my MNSSHP ...and so on... clapping

alicemouse's picture

King Fergus wrote:
Lol..My neighbours think I'am crazy but I have a large,and I mean large, Stars & Stripes flag which I put on my flag pole in my back yad when certain days occur..Like when I book my ADRS..I put it up on the weekend this year when I booked my MNSSHP ...and so on... clapping

awesome

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Magic Mirror's picture

Way to go King Fergus~ ! yay

oldtink's picture

Good idea! So at each milestone I should put out the flag of Scotland! Got it! awesome

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

kathys's picture

King Fergus what a grand idea. Now I will have to think of someway for me to mark each milestone. Seeing my next trip is so far away (3 - 4 years) I have plenty of time to think of how I want to mark the milestones.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

93boomer's picture

Way to go KF!!Smile We don't do anything special either! I am going to have to think of something!

Magic Mirror's picture

awesome This is a great idea! It extends the excitement of planning and going even more!
Hmmmm..... off to think of a plan for celebration.................

oldtink's picture

I only have two days to go, so everyone THINK FAST!!!!!
clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

jhugo's picture

Such a great idea! Maybe I will cook a recipe from my Disney cookbook when I hit my next Disney milestone. A Disney themed dinner might be fun. Ears must be worn. mickey

SpamGoddess's picture

That day for me passed a few days ago and I didn't even notice until I posted here and my ticker said 98. laugh

So that would be a no, for me!

oldtink's picture

jhugo wrote:
Such a great idea! Maybe I will cook a recipe from my Disney cookbook when I hit my next Disney milestone. A Disney themed dinner might be fun. Ears must be worn. mickey

LOL I have picked up all the Micky glitter from tables when we had a special event (small ziplock in purse just in case) and I carefully return it to bag after celebrations!
Recipe from cookbook, hmmmmmmm

We happy dance around the house and walk around with crazy grins on our faces all day...ok so that's more of a 'everyday until we get there' tradition BUT, exciting none the less!

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

hausen17's picture

At our 100 day mark, we start our "official" daily countdown.

2 Trips ago I used a scrapbooking punch and punched out 100 Mickey heads from red, yellow and black paper. I then put the countdown days and actually date on each one. I then attached it to a binder ring and every day we pulled off one of the heads until we left. 1 trip ago my husband printed 100 photos from our previous trips and he jotted down the countdown days on the dates and made a flip calendar of that.

We're kind of funny though. We won't do any physical countdown calendar until 100 days out becuase we think if we start counting down that far out we're crazy and look ridiculous. Yet we both know how many days until our trip and he has a countdown app on his phone. 143 days! (but who's counting? mickey )

I think this year I may do a paper loop chain. With 100 loops it might be kind of long, but it's always fun to have something visual to show how close we're getting.

I may also make a special Disney dinner with recipes from the parks.

Princess Cupcake's picture

hausen17 wrote:
At our 100 day mark, we start our "official" daily countdown.

2 Trips ago I used a scrapbooking punch and punched out 100 Mickey heads from red, yellow and black paper. I then put the countdown days and actually date on each one. I then attached it to a binder ring and every day we pulled off one of the heads until we left. 1 trip ago my husband printed 100 photos from our previous trips and he jotted down the countdown days on the dates and made a flip calendar of that.

We're kind of funny though. We won't do any physical countdown calendar until 100 days out becuase we think if we start counting down that far out we're crazy and look ridiculous. Yet we both know how many days until our trip and he has a countdown app on his phone. 143 days! (but who's counting? mickey )

I think this year I may do a paper loop chain. With 100 loops it might be kind of long, but it's always fun to have something visual to show how close we're getting.

I may also make a special Disney dinner with recipes from the parks.

We started our countdown at 253 days...but who's counting? laugh Our 100 day mark is fast approaching...it's amazing how quickly the time flies!

oldtink's picture

Because my husband is retiring and these are the final days of the school year, along with the beginning of summer musical, we saw each other about 10 minutes, kissed and he left for his obligations. waiting So I watched Disney videos and felt good. yay ...not our usual celebration.

clapping On July 18th, the day we start making FP+ we are pulling out the Disney cookbook and having a lovely dinner with out friends. Disney is more of a celebration than we knew at the time we booked it!

rylin's picture

I love the idea of themed Disney dinners for milestones! Sounds like a very fun way to celebrate Smile