180 days today...adr's made! any counter service suggestions?

Login to post comments
13 posts / 0 new
petriedish's picture
180 days today...adr's made! any counter service suggestions?

We are going to be at Coronado Springs sept 11-19 this year, so today was the day we could start making our ADR's

I'm very excited to try lots of new places (O'hana is our only repeat)....still very much up in the air where we will go for our counter service lunches...(so any suggestions are welcome!)

sept 11 arrival day...CS dinner at Earl of Sandwich maybe???
sept 12 spending the day at HS -dinner at Scifi
sept 13 spending the day at Epcot- dinner at Chefs du France
sept 14 day at AK then dinner at Maya Grille then back out for MNSSHP
sept 15 typoon lagoon then dinner at O'hana (its my bday so hopefully we can get a window seat for wishes)
sept 16 day at universal then dinner at Cape May Cafe
sept 17 day at MK then shoot over to Epcot for early supper at Rose and Crown then back to MK for electrical parade
sept 18 no plans for the day (we will either just relax or revisit any attractions we want to) then dinner at California Grille
sept 19...heading home Sad...probably eat at pepper market or somewhere DTD for our last CS meal

we had a hard time deciding whether to repeat or try new places....sad we won't get Boma or Le Cellier again but we wanted some new experiences. Coronado Springs is also a first, we stayed at POFQ last time and loved it but we decided to roll the dice and try a new resort as well...fingers crossed we love it just as much

Kristen K.'s picture

DTD - Earl of Sandwich is awesome, I adore the Caprese w/ Balsamic. The Strawberry Shortcake is also pretty dern tasty.

MK - Love Pecos Bills, the burger toppings bar is extensive, and I'm quite fond of the BBQ Pork.

AK - Yak and Yeti has a counter service window where you can also get a Yak Attack cocktail. Delish!

Epcot - We like to snack our way around World Showcase. Why choose just one?

Brad's picture

Great picks! Be sure to see if they still have the margarita flights at Maya Grill!

I like Kristen's list. I also might suggest Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

MrHub's picture

Yeah your picks all look great. We have eaten at all but the Maya Grille & Chefs du France.

The Harbor House has great Fish & Chips at the MK.

Columbia Harbour House is delicious, even their chicken tenders taste better than elsewhere on property! Don't forget a stop at the Main Street Bakery, cake constitutes as a meal when at WDW!

DTD Cookes of Dublin next to Ragland Road is a great counter service way to experience the awesome fish and chips! Its the same as you get at Ragland Road.

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

Jessi5989's picture

DTD- Earl of Sandwich is the best! We ate there twice in 2 days. awesome

MK- Columbia Harbour House is really good.

Epcot- we usually just snack around the world, but Sunshine Seasons has amazing chicken!

HS- nothing amazingly stand-out here as far as CS goes. I usually just get the Disney chicken nuggets from wherever I can! but make sure you get a Weezie Freezie from the stand right in front of Toy Story Mania. Its frozen raspberry lemonade and its seriously the best thing at HS! I usually drink at least 3 the day we go to HS.

AK- Yak & Yeti's CS part is actually really good. reminded me a lot of Chinese restaurants we have here, but better! Also, Flametree BBQ always smells really good, but I've never eaten there.

Typhoon Lagoon...can't help there. My suggestion is to go early in the day and be done by early afternoon then go right across the street to DTD and find something for lunch or get something at the resort. I was absolutely exhausted after half a day at Typhoon Lagoon with all the walking up and down stairs.

Universal- I suggest that you go to one park in the morning, and around lunchtime walk around citywalk and find somewhere to eat. They have lots of places you'll recognize like Margaritaville, Nascar Cafe, etc. Then go to the other park after lunch. The food they have in the parks isn't amazing. The pizza is alright, better than Disney's pizza, but still not outstanding. Your best bet is to eat on Citywalk. If you weren't planning on going to both Universal parks, I would still take a break around lunchtime to go to Citywalk and avoid the crowds and heat.

petriedish's picture

Thanks for the input....in Epcot I'm really torn between sunshine seasons and tangerine cafe. I took a look at both menus and both seem delicious! At least I have some time to decide

emmaanne's picture

Im going with everyone else on Yak and Yeti at AK... and make sure you have the eggrolls, they are to die for!

And casey's corner at MK has some good corn dogs! lol.

November 14-18, 2019 | All Star Movies

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

Kristen K.'s picture

petriedish wrote:
Thanks for the input....in Epcot I'm really torn between sunshine seasons and tangerine cafe. I took a look at both menus and both seem delicious! At least I have some time to decide

Sunshine Seasons has great variety, and it's indoors and air conditioned! If it's a hot one, I would head there. If the weather is lovely, I would hit the tangerine cafe.

Mase's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
petriedish wrote:

Sunshine Seasons has great variety, and it's indoors and air conditioned! If it's a hot one, I would head there. If the weather is lovely, I would hit the tangerine cafe.

Agreed... we did Sunshine last time and loved it.

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kris1971's picture

petriedish wrote:

Tangerine Cafe is DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it!

Melissa W's picture

We love Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, but like Kristen will snack around the World most of the time! Wink

We usually always end up at Backlot Express for HS CS. It's usually never busy and I like the free refills for drinks!