2010 MNSSHP

Login to post comments
13 posts / 0 new
UnbalancedLibra's picture
2010 MNSSHP

I know it's early for this but I booked a quick trip in October for the sole purpose of checking out MNSSHP - of course I won't know the exact dates until April-ish.

We arrive on a Friday and leave for home on a Monday. It apears, if WDW follows suit, the MNSSHP will be that Friday and if that is the case that means we'll be partying it up as soon as we get there. Good or bad?

I'd love to hear from those of you who have been to this event.

All about the planning >> Family Disney Vacations

Updates while we're there and trip reports >> Disney Vacation Trip Reports

Tony's picture

I would say it depends on your journey. If your worn out from travelling you might not want a late night in the park.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

bali's picture

Agreed. But they've also usually had MNSSHP on Sunday nights as well.

If you get there early enough, have everyone take a nap and go on Friday. If they offer it on Sunday, go on Sunday Smile

May 2008 CSR mickey

Well for that trip I want to fly. Okay, I don't WANT to fly but it makes more sense to fly than drive. It takes us 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home and if we're only going to be there 3 days.... waiting

If we fly, we can get a direct flight and it'll only be about a 2 hour flight so I don't think we'd be to tired clapping

However, CJ is FIGHTING me about flying - that is how much he doesn't want to board a plane.

Brad's picture

How long would the drive be?

Tony's picture

I wish I had the option to drive. sarcastic

Why is CJ worried about flying? If you let the terrorists scare you away from it then they have won, or is it a fear of flying itself?

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Brad wrote:
How long would the drive be?

laugh We are in Pa., so it takes about 17 hours. However, we don't drive straight through because we have the 3 kids. They usually get restless and well, even with taking turns driving, CJ and I get pretty tired.

Normally we leave around 2pm - this is because of my daughter and being in school. If she is in school until at least 1:30pm it's considered a full day; this way she doesn't miss yet one more day of school. So, we leave around 2pm and drive until about 7pm, get something to eat and continue on until around midnight-1am. We stop to sleep (we usually make it to NC or SC) We are usually up early the next morning and are back on the road no later than 7am. This normally puts us at the resort by 2 - 2:30pm.

Tony wrote:
I wish I had the option to drive. sarcastic

Why is CJ worried about flying? If you let the terrorists scare you away from it then they have won, or is it a fear of flying itself?

Why can't you drive? (I'm sorry if I missed the reason somewhere around here!) It's not those terrorists, it's the whole dropping out of the sky possibility laugh

Tony's picture

Something to do with a few thousand miles of ocean prevents me driving (from the UK).

There's not much I can suggest for fear of flying as I've never worried about it but I understand for some people its a very real fear.

Tony wrote:
Something to do with a few thousand miles of ocean prevents me driving (from the UK).

There's not much I can suggest for fear of flying as I've never worried about it but I understand for some people its a very real fear.

Ahhhh yes, that damn ocean thing! laugh

SpaceAce's picture

Oh! Forgot that you're considering flying this time. I think the Friday night MNSSHP would be fine, but I'll corroborate Bali's story that they usually have Sunday night MNSSHPs as well. That would be a nice end to the trip, and Sunday nights are usually less crowded than Fridays, because locals don't tend to come out on school nights as much.

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

SpaceAce wrote:
Oh! Forgot that you're considering flying this time. I think the Friday night MNSSHP would be fine, but I'll corroborate Bali's story that they usually have Sunday night MNSSHPs as well. That would be a nice end to the trip, and Sunday nights are usually less crowded than Fridays, because locals don't tend to come out on school nights as much.

Ahh, but this particular Sunday won't be a school night - the following day is Columbus day - I might be screwed no matter how I look at it! laugh

Brad's picture

As long as it's in your budget, I always say do as many parties as possible. They're so much fun. Maybe you should do them both! laugh