*BIG* meet up Fall 2016

Login to post comments
254 posts / 0 new
friendoftoto's picture

Hi everyone! I'm new here but I'm interested! I live in Florida and my daughter and I just started going to WDW all the time (got our annual passes for the first time ever!) I've planned a Disney Cruise for December for my daughter and I (plus my 72 year old mom!) and so far I haven't told them about it! I'm so excited I can hardly hold it in! Not sure when I'll tell them but both their birthdays are in August and close together...so not sure if I can wait until then to tell them? Smile I'm sure we'll want a 2nd soon after our December cruise so this would be perfect for my daughter and I!

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/'] [/url] magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

alicemouse's picture

friendoftoto wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I'm interested! I live in Florida and my daughter and I just started going to WDW all the time (got our annual passes for the first time ever!) I've planned a Disney Cruise for December for my daughter and I (plus my 72 year old mom!) and so far I haven't told them about it! I'm so excited I can hardly hold it in! Not sure when I'll tell them but both their birthdays are in August and close together...so not sure if I can wait until then to tell them? Smile I'm sure we'll want a 2nd soon after our December cruise so this would be perfect for my daughter and I!

Awesome! Welome friendoftoto mickey to the best Disney message board in the Internet! Head over to the intro board when you get a chance and tell us all about yourself!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

RobynPrincess's picture

Yay! Loads of new additions! Remember to find the group on Facebook and add yourself into the mix.

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

It would be nice if the dates and details of the meet-up are updated here for those of us who are not on Facebook (like me).

Zz.

No longer an active member.

RobynPrincess's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
It would be nice if the dates and details of the meet-up are updated here for those of us who are not on Facebook (like me).

Zz.

Don't worry Zz, nothing has been decided so that's why nothing had been updated here

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

The Watchmaker's picture

How would we recognise each other..Iam normally in disguise in the parks... waiting

oHIo's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
How would we recognise each other..Iam normally in disguise in the parks... waiting

Since our favorite bag pipe group is no longer there, it would be easy to identify you if you wore your kilt! laugh

If I wear my Dole Whip Pins vest, you all will recognize me, won't you?

laugh

Zz.

No longer an active member.

The Watchmaker's picture

Way too hot to wear my kilt, even in October...lol.... waiting

The Watchmaker's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
If I wear my Dole Whip Pins vest, you all will recognize me, won't you?

laugh

Zz.

Lol...Ok....You got my vote.. awesome

Allie's picture

I'm sure we'll decide on some scheduled meet ups! awesome

crazycatperson's picture

I'll wear one of my numerous cat shirts, and on the first scheduled meet-up day I'll wear the one that says who I am.

PreviewAttachmentSize
crazycatperson.jpg
crazycatperson.jpg516.6 KB
blackcat.jpg
blackcat.jpg429.71 KB
hubbyandme.jpg
hubbyandme.jpg164.4 KB
mulchsweatshears.jpg
mulchsweatshears.jpg192.45 KB
alicemouse's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
I'll wear one of my numerous cat shirts, and on the first scheduled meet-up day I'll wear the one that says who I am.

awesome

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

figgy's picture

I wish I could go and meet up with all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way we could swing October with the boys school. mad sad I'll be with you in spirit and I'm sure the watchmaker will have a few spirits for me. biggrin

August 2016 here we come!

The Watchmaker's picture

figgy wrote:
I wish I could go and meet up with all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way we could swing October with the boys school. mad sad I'll be with you in spirit and I'm sure the watchmaker will have a few spirits for me. biggrin

Of course I will Figgy..I shall toast a vegetarian margarita to you from La Cava..That's the one with celery in it.. awesome

figgy's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
figgy wrote:

Of course I will Figgy..I shall toast a vegetarian margarita to you from La Cava..That's the one with celery in it.. awesome

I'll be toasting you from there and a few other places in August!

August 2016 here we come!

alicemouse's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
figgy wrote:

rolling

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

115belladonna's picture

Hi all,

My name is Bella and I am a Disneyholic.

I hope I'm not late to the party. My husband and I would be interested in the cruise portion of the meet up. Who do we contact to add our names to the list?

A little about ourselves:
Jerry and I live in Jacksonville, Florida. We are about a 3 hours drive to either Port Canaveral or Kissimmee.
We prefer Disney cruising to the parks. However, if we did do a park our fave would be Epcot and AK. I like MK for the some of the rides. I like Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and Jungle Cruise. His is People Mover and Carousel of Progress.

I have bad motion sickness, so you don't see any fast roller coaster rides as part of my faves.

I have not been active on the page. I am more familiar with FaceBook. I put in a request to join the FaceBook page.

Bella

Bella

Miss Mikki's picture

Hi Bella,
welcome

Robyn set up the Facebook page and she is on vacation right now but I am sure she will add you as soon as she can. We are waiting for Disney to release the cruise dates for October so nothing definite has been decided yet although mid-October seems to be the popular consensus as the best time for the cruise.

We will keep you posted on this thread.

no ticker Sad

crazycatperson's picture

Hey, Bella!

I also have problems with motion sickness, so tell me, how do you do on a cruise? I also avoid roller coasters and most thrill rides, bu have never done a cruise before, so I'm a little anxious.

115belladonna's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
Hey, Bella!

I also have problems with motion sickness, so tell me, how do you do on a cruise? I also avoid roller coasters and most thrill rides, bu have never done a cruise before, so I'm a little anxious.

Hi ,
I use the Transderm patch which goes behind your ear. It is prescription. I tried over the counter remedies like Dramamine even the non drowsy kind. All made me sleepy. I ended up sleeping the first 4 hours of my 1st cruise. With the Transderm patch, I have had no side effects. I know every body has a different effect. Some people do well just chewing ginger tabs or taking Dramamine, not me. You will enjoy your first Disney cruise. You may get hooked. I did.

Bella

MW2DISNEY's picture

My wife and I are interested in joining this get together next year. We usually go in October as that would be perfect. We look forward to hearing more details as its gets closer.

MW2DISNEY

Karlipants's picture

Robyn asked one of us to post this from the Facebook page

Dates have been released! Woo hoo!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg59.47 KB

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

JoAnn C's picture

Thanks Karli. I was just going to this but my power went out and had to reboot my laptop.

We are looking at the cruise leaving on Oct. 17. Does this work for everyone?

Allie's picture

awesome awesome awesome

JoAnn C's picture

The Colonel wrote:
Looking at the calendar, the best time for my Fall 2016 vacation would be 10/15-25.

Those dates are what I am thinking as well. I will get a late flight back on 10/25 and take 10/26 off to recover.

JMed's picture

yay I can't wait to start looking at my land end of it all. Wish I could do both.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture

JMed wrote:
yay I can't wait to start looking at my land end of it all. Wish I could do both.

Same here mickey

alicemouse's picture

So is the 17th official?

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

RobynPrincess's picture

Thanks guys! Back in the hotel now packing (not quite home time yet thankfully but leaving Disney, sob!). Looks like the 17th is the lucky date.

MW2DISNEY welcome aboard! I'll add your name to the first post Smile make sure you also join the FB group if you're on FB Smile

Watson's go West May 15