Christmas 2013 SURPRISE Trip!

Login to post comments
23 posts / 0 new
MsVersaci's picture
Christmas 2013 SURPRISE Trip!

Hi Everyone..... This is LONG Overdue, but.......

Monday, Dec 16th: Pre Trip"SURPRISE!
Monday dawned as a normal work day. I'm in my classroom, teaching, and my principal comes in. He hands me a blue letter with our school's letter head. It states something to the effect that I need an attitude adjustment (!!!!). Then it goes on to read for me to pack my bags, because my boyfriend Preston has planned a surprise trip for me to Disney! I scream and cry, super excited! Race home, the two of us jump in the car and pull an all-nighter driving to Atlanta (where my parents live) to drop our car off as we will be flying back there for the holidays.

Wednesday, Dec 18th: Flight and Arrival
Wake up super early to catch a 7:10 flight out of Hartsfield Atlanta. In TSA security I find a huge, squished cockroach in my shoe and proceed to freak out. Preston then gets antsy, worried TSA may misinterpret my freak out as something suspicious. They don't, we get through, he gets the bug out of my shoe, and we board our plane for the uneventful flight to MCO!
Onto the Disney Magical Express, where Preston reveals we are staying at Caribbean Beach. Quick, quiet, and very uncrowded ride on the "motor-coach." Did they update the video? We were there in July and I swear it's different, but I also might be crazy!

We checked in to CB and found that it was huge, pretty, but the room was just kinda.....eh. We did have a King Bed though.... After dropping off our luggage in the room, we hopped a bus to DTD.
Wednesday was a non-park day as my sister, who is a CM, was using her main-gates to allow us free park entry, and she was out of town until Thursday. So, we spent the day at DTD. We had a tasty lunch at Earl of Sandwich. The weather was lovely, so we walked the Marketplace and Westside, doing some window shopping and the like. After hanging out on some lounges and people watching, we decide to catch a movie...Frozen!!!

We had ADRs at Boma. We have never been to AKL before that, and we were ENTHRALLED. The food at Boma was AMAZING and the resort is just gorgeous. We will definelaty be staying there in the future. Wow. And Boma was just....special. That carrot-ginger soup (which I got the recipe for!), the matar paneer, the peanut rice, and YUMMMY Zebra Domes! All of it was tasty! I hailed us a cab back to our resort and we crashed.

Thursday, Dec 19th: A Very Special Day!!!!
My sister was due in WDW around noon, so we putz around in the pool for a few hours. She ends up getting in sort of late....3. We have 6:30 reservations at Chefs de France, but Preston really wants to go to MK because the black-out days start for MK the next day. It's really our only chance. Unfortunately, we just can't swing it. We are both VERY disappointed, but oh well. We proceed to have some fun in EPCOT...we ride test track (so fun!) and do some Holiday Snacking-Around the World (Sweet Tamales from Mexico, Happy Face Fried Cake from China, Rice Cream from Norway, and Hot Salted Caramel Drink from Germany...) We head to Chefs for our favorite Dinner.... Preston has the steak with green peppercorn sauce and I order the onion soup and macaroni gratin. For dessert chocolate mousse! Yummy!

On our way out of the restaurant, Preston pulls me in front the fountains and drops down on one knee, pulls out a ring and asks me to marry him!!!

I, of course, scream yes! I hug him and we both fall over. Everyone in the France Pavilion is clapping and cheering. It was the perfect moment!

After we "take it all in" we ride Spaceship Earth for a quiet moment, then head back to CB. Perfect night!

I have photos I will try to upload soon.........

Wedding Countdown Ticker

crazycatperson's picture

Oh, my goodness! A surprise trip and a surprise proposal! More trip report, please!

RobynPrincess's picture

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! To it all, the surprise trip, the proposal. It's all so cute Laughing out loud can't wait to see pictures!!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

yay yay yay

How amazing!!!
Congratulations!!

Is there a Disney Wedding in your future then?

MrHub's picture

Congrats!

Spook's picture

congrats

JoAnn C's picture

congrats

What a great surprise. clapping

congrats what a wonderful surprise!

JMUDukz's picture

What an amazing surprise!! What a lucky girl!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

disneydoc's picture

That is so awesome. Congratulations to you both. So...Disney wedding?

I especially love that your principal was in on it too...an attitude adjustment? Priceless! mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Vettelover's picture

congrats to the two of you.

alicemouse's picture

Beautiful! What a wonderful engagement story!! congrats

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Ryry991's picture

Oh this makes me smile! Congrats!!!

Ms.Mouse's picture

What a wonderful way to begin a lifetime together! congrats

Magic Mirror's picture

What a terrific proposal! date congrats

Eeyore's picture

awesome congrats!

Mandy's picture

What great surprises!! So happy for you!! Would that be an early Christmas present then?

Kris1971's picture

Congratulations! What a great surprise (two of them really)! So excited for you both!

Congratulations congrats stars

taratru's picture

Wow!!! Your now-fiance knows how to do it, doesn't he? clapping clapping clapping congrats

Can't wait to hear about the rest!

JanJ's picture

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more.

Allie's picture

congrats on the engagement! So exciting!

We had the same impression of CBR when we were there. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

bethi's picture

Congratulations! muchlove