Jerkiest Rides

Login to post comments
36 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703
Jerkiest Rides

What do you think are the jerkiest rides at WDW?

I ask because I may have some ride restrictions when we go in September, due to the neck surgery in December. It takes a good year for the bone fusion to completely take.

Joe and I are debating - we both agree probably no Space Mountaing, and BTMRR might be pushing it (does it make a difference where you sit?).

But, I think Rock N Roller Coaster would be fine, because I don't really think it's all that bumpy, just fast. And you have better head support. I also think Tower of Terror would be ok, because it's more droppie than jerky. Joe's not so sure.

Thoughts? The Dr.'s advice is "don't do anything stupid". I already broke that by getting up on the roof and cleaning out the gutters (that was a specific example he said not to do! The trick was sneaking up there when Joe wasn't looking - haha!)

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

First one that comes to mind is Dinosaur in AK. Second one is Primeval wHurl also in AK.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Oh yeah! Forgot about those because we usually don't do them. But yeah, Dino would be a BIG no-no!

Noturna's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2011
Posts: 95

No Mad Tea Cups.

__________________

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

My first thought was, "hmm... rude rides in Disney World..." rolling

I would definitely stay away from BTMRR, Jeff sad Also, Test Track has that "belgian" section than can get pretty bumpy. I really don't know what I'd do about RnRC -- at first thought it doesn't seem like it'd be too jerky, but it does give me a headache sometimes.

Wow -- never realized how many rides at WDW throw you around a bit!

I'm also wondering about Expedition Everest.

Have you considered bringing a neck brace? Then you can just go on everything! laugh

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

I would say no ToT. I think during the ride one of the restrictions is neck. I wouldn't chance that one. I think Small World is up there to. I'm being serious to! When those boats get backed up... It's like a car wreck! Lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Noturna's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2011
Posts: 95

I think I would rule out all the rollercoaster (unfortunately).

You won't be going to Universal too, will you?

__________________

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

RnRC ALWAYS gives me a headache. Sad my head always smacks around and thats why I dont like that ride.

Space Mountain is really bumpy and jerky too..and I'd agree with Dinosaur and Test Track too.

But.. probably the best thing to do is play it safe Sad and skip any questionable rides. Back and neck troubles are the WORST

Fill up on food and wine instead and then EVERYTHING will feel like a roller coaster!

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Mission: Space, orange would be a no no. Not sure about the green side though.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

SpaceAce wrote:
Have you considered bringing a neck brace? Then you can just go on everything! laugh

I did not think of that! I will have to ask the Dr! Or just ignore his advice. What's the worst that can happen?! wheelchair

This may be the year we do all the things we keep saying we should do but never do..like CoP, HoP, etc.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

JeffC wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:
Have you considered bringing a neck brace? Then you can just go on everything! laugh

I did not think of that! I will have to ask the Dr! Or just ignore his advice. What's the worst that can happen?! wheelchair

This may be the year we do all the things we keep saying we should do but never do..like CoP, HoP, etc.

Not to be a debbie downer...but as a nurse who works with neck and back surgery patients on a daily basis I see to many patients who have to come back for subsequent surgeries because they didn't follow the rules....I'm not telling you what to do but just saying....Smile

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Jess wrote:
JeffC wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:
Have you considered bringing a neck brace? Then you can just go on everything! laugh

I did not think of that! I will have to ask the Dr! Or just ignore his advice. What's the worst that can happen?! wheelchair

This may be the year we do all the things we keep saying we should do but never do..like CoP, HoP, etc.

Not to be a debbie downer...but as a nurse who works with neck and back surgery patients on a daily basis I see to many patients who have to come back for subsequent surgeries because they didn't follow the rules....I'm not telling you what to do but just saying....Smile

Joy killer.... waiting

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Jeff...I hate to agree...but I do. I'd stay away from anything questionable and take it easy-ish this trip, unless the doctor miraculously releases you (do you see him for a check up before the trip?) I would just SUPER HATE for you to have complications. And like everyone's pointed out - this is your chance to finally check out HoP!!

If it's any consolation, you aren't alone. Those of us who've done the parks while expecting didn't get to go on the thrill rides, either, but still found plenty to do. I even sent my poor Mom on Barnstormer with DD when I was six months along. Not sure my Mom has forgiven me yet for that one Smile

__________________

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I think I agree on ToT. Your head probably gets bounced around more than you know. Go do all the stuff you don't have time to do on other trips because you're busing riding RnRC!

Jo's picture
Jo
Offline
Joined: 04/21/2011
Posts: 72

As long as you don't hold me responsible for saying this: i would Go on everything that you want too, if you get hurt and have to have more surgery you'll have learnt your lesson and wont do it next time.
However, seriously the warnings about back and neck are there for a reason if your unsure maybe you should stay off.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Great advice and feedback, thanks all. I do know for sure that I don't want to have any setbacks after all I've gone through with this. I do have one more Dr. visit in June before the trip, so I can get a final ruling from the Dr.

Appreciate all the perspectives Smile

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

JeffC wrote:
Great advice and feedback, thanks all. I do know for sure that I don't want to have any setbacks after all I've gone through with this. I do have one more Dr. visit in June before the trip, so I can get a final ruling from the Dr.

Appreciate all the perspectives Smile

It's not like you won't be back a few months later, right? laugh

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Exactly! You can go for a "I've been released from the Dr, let's celebrate" trip! Joe can't complain Smile

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

I think Joe should just give you a "No limit credit card" and say "Have at it, do all the shopping you want to"! Cash yay biggrin

Yes, I'm ducking!

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Lizzy_B wrote:
Exactly! You can go for a "I've been released from the Dr, let's celebrate" trip! Joe can't complain Smile

mrhub wrote:
I think Joe should just give you a "No limit credit card" and say "Have at it, do all the shopping you want to"! Cash yay biggrin

Yes, I'm ducking!

OOoo, I do love the way you folks think.... muchlove

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Exactly! You can go for a "I've been released from the Dr, let's celebrate" trip! Joe can't complain Smile

mrhub wrote:
I think Joe should just give you a "No limit credit card" and say "Have at it, do all the shopping you want to"! Cash yay biggrin

Yes, I'm ducking!

OOoo, I do love the way you folks think.... muchlove

HaHa - I'm pretty sure we're all enablers! But I'm fine with that! mickey

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Lizzy_B wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Exactly! You can go for a "I've been released from the Dr, let's celebrate" trip! Joe can't complain Smile

mrhub wrote:
I think Joe should just give you a "No limit credit card" and say "Have at it, do all the shopping you want to"! Cash yay biggrin

Yes, I'm ducking!

OOoo, I do love the way you folks think.... muchlove

HaHa - I'm pretty sure we're all enablers! But I'm fine with that! mickey

I just want to throw my 2 cents in to this. Jeff... You should milk this for as much as possible!!!! Even if your neck isn't hurting and cleared... Just look at Joe and say... Shopping will help my neck out... I also will need sweets. Need to make a couple Mickey rice krispie treats. Oh... I also want to watch Hannah Montana by the beach. Those things will make me feel much better.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Hahahaha..truth..thank goodness shopping doesn't hurt the old neck, right?!?

I think ToT might be tough...probably no Expedition Everest either. RnRC would probably scare me a bit because it goes upside down.

__________________

mickey Bella


ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

I find the Indy Speedway jerky....I'm also terrible at driving the cars.

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

The trouble with all that shopping will be carrying it... but maybe Joe could help out there too Smile

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Tony wrote:
The trouble with all that shopping will be carrying it... but maybe Joe could help out there too Smile

No trouble with that at all, send it back to the resort, problem solved!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

mrhub wrote:
Tony wrote:
The trouble with all that shopping will be carrying it... but maybe Joe could help out there too Smile

No trouble with that at all, send it back to the resort, problem solved!

OR! Ship it home!!! clapping

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

It sounds as though Mase & Mr Hubb have been on just a FEW DTD shopping blowouts with their significant others. They are pros!

__________________

mickey Bella


Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Bella wrote:
It sounds as though Mase & Mr Hubb have been on just a FEW DTD shopping blowouts with their significant others. They are pros!

Not with his signifigant other but with his mom....lol

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Jess wrote:
Bella wrote:
It sounds as though Mase & Mr Hubb have been on just a FEW DTD shopping blowouts with their significant others. They are pros!

Not with his signifigant other but with his mom....lol

clapping

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 04/29/2011
Posts: 51

It should give you a celebration reason to go back and it will be wonderful !!!!