JoAnn's October 2014 Solo Trip - Let the trip report begin

Login to post comments
164 posts / 0 new
DisneyDee27's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
RobynPrincess wrote:
How did you enjoy the party? We had a great time, obviously mil dragged it down a bit but we sure made the best of it! Did you do any trick or treating?

I loved the halloween party. I did some trick or treating. I didn't get a ton of candy.

I love your pics and TR! Fall is my favorite time at WDW. The F&W and MNSSHP are my faves. I hope we meet up again soon Smile

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kristen K.'s picture

P.s. I love the picture of you and Prince Charming!

JoAnn C's picture

Day 6
Wednesday, October 22

My original plan for this day was to have breakfast at O'hana and spend the morning in MK before going to Epcot. Since I knew I would be out late the night before at the Halloween party I canceled my ADR on Tuesday morning. I had breakfast Riverside Mill Food Court. I had the breakfast flatbread. It was big enough for two people.

After breakfast I explored the resort and a little more and then went to Epcot for the day. World Showcase wasn't opened yet so I went over to Future World to ride Journey into Imagination.

Lunch consisted of eating around the world. First stop - Puerto Rico

Slow-braised beef with Puerto Rican-grown rice

Greece - Chicken gyro with tzatziki Sauce

I stopped to watch the lumberjack show.

Then watched the movie in Canada. I loved this waterfall on the way into the theater.

Canada - Cheddar Cheese soup

Ireland - Kerrygold(r) cheese selection: Reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout and Skellig and Chilled Irish Coffee featuring Bunratty Potcheen

I made my way across the bridge to France to try the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir

I had enough to eat at this point so I continued on the loop to Italy to watch the flag twirlers.

I walked over to Mexico to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour. Then I went to Test Track to see what the wait time was for the single rider line. It said 5 minutes but it was a little off. It was more like 20.

After Test Track it was time to check in for the Culinary Demonstration. I signed up for a demonstration on beef. Imagine my confusion when I saw the menu.

I thought I signed up for the wrong thing until a guy at the table I was at said "I thought this was about beef". We joked around about Disney pulling the old bait and switch. I said something like "they probably thought they would get more men to sign up if they said it was beef".

I love Limoncello so I was pleased. One of the girls at the table didn't like it so me and another woman split her portion.

The demonstration was fun. The presenter was Emily Allyn. She was a contestant on "The Next Food Network Star" a couple of years ago.

The finished product. It was very good.

After the demonstration was over, I headed back to World Showcase for the first Smash Mouth concert.

As I was walking out of the theater I spotted Dee and Christy. We grabbed something to eat at Hops & Barley. (Artisan cheese plate featuring Cabot Cloth wrapped cheddar, Purple Haze chevre goat cheese and Cave Man blue cheese and New Belgium Brewing Company Snapshot)

We chatted a bit before moving closer to the American Adventure for our meet up. Pretty soon the gang was there - Mandy, Abby (luvalldisney), her husband Kevin (he used to be on the forum - TTFN_71), Erika (Spook) and her husband Eric. They were actually sitting behind during the concert but I didn't realize it was them. Now, if the penguin was visible, I would have known. LOL Robyn and Sy were going to meet us as well. I got a message from her that they weren't going to make it.

We chatted a bit and walked down to Italy for some more F&W goodies. I had cheese ravioli, a cannoli and prosecco. (I forgot to get a picture of these). We went back to the American Pavillion and chatted some more before parting ways before Illuminations.

Abby, Kevin and I went to La Cava del Tequila for another drink before calling it a night.

Today's firsts:
* Riverside Mill Food Court
* Culinary Demonstration
* Lumberjack show
* Canada movie
* flag twirlers
* La Cava del Tequila

Spook's picture

Of course it was one of the very few times Mister Penguin wasn't visible laugh
We really enjoyed meeting you and the others. What a fun evening awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

What a lovely day!

PJsLife's picture

awesome!

RobynPrincess's picture

Damn I'm so pissed I missed the meet. Bloody mother in law pffft.

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

JoAnn C's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Damn I'm so pissed I missed the meet. Bloody mother in law pffft.

We missed you that night. bighug

JoAnn C's picture

Day 7
Thursday, October 23

Today was another food filled day. I started the day with a leisurely walk to POFQ for breakfast.

Of course, I had to have the beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory.

After breakfast I went to Epcot. I had a FP for the Character Spot in the afternoon. There was a short wait when I arrived so I stopped.

After meeting Mickey and friends, I went on a Soarin' and Living with the Land.

Now it is time for Food and Wine....

Hawaii - Kalua pork slider

Terra - Blackened Chick'n Breast, farro wheat and spicy gumbo sauce featuring Gardein(tm) Chick'n Breast and Fresh Watermelon Juice

Germany - Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll

I took a break to watch The American Adventure.

Poland - Kielbasa and potato pierogi

South Korea - Roasted pork lettuce wrap with kimchi slaw and iCing Grapefruit Sparkling Rice Brew

I went to the Festival Center for a wine seminar featuring Pedroncelli Winery. While waiting for entrance into the seminar I stopped at Ghirardelli to try some drinking chocolate. I love chocolate but this was a bit much. It was very thick and needed to be mixed with milk.

The seminar:

After the seminar, I went back to POR to relax and change for dinner at Citricos.

Normally, I would take a bus to MK and then monorail to the Grand Floridian. Tonight was a party night and I knew the bus to MK would be packed at the time I was leaving. I took the first non-MK bus to arrive which was DHS. I had just missed the GF bus when I got there. Another one wasn't too far behind.

Dinner at Citricos was very good.

Arancini - Crispy Risotto with Italian Sausage, Mozzarella, and Poma Rosa Tomato Puree

Oak-grilled Filet of Beef - Roasted Marble and Creamy Blue Cheese Potatoes

Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte - with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgium Couverture Chocolate Crown

After dinner I went to the Bay Lake Towers to meeting Robyn and Sy at Top of the World Lounge for their vow renewal reception. Erika, Eric, Abby and Kevin also joined us.

The wedding cake with chicken on top. Robyn - I can still hear your mom saying that. Smile

Hallowishes from ToWL.

It was a fun night.

Today's firsts:
* Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
* Dinner at Citricos

Spook's picture

That banana torte looks soooo good!
That was a fun night! I hope we can all meet up again sometime mickey
Do you remember what the "chicken" was supposed to be? That was too funny laugh

JoAnn C's picture

The "chicken" it was supposed to represent the spire (I think that's what the pointy thing is called) on the castle.

JoAnn C's picture

Day 8
Friday, October 24

My last full day in the World. I had fast passes for Animal Kingdom but decided to go to Hollywood Studios instead. I made a few fast passes. I was surprised I was able to get one for Toy Story Midway Mania starting 20 minutes later.

After riding Toy Story, I took a walk through Honey, I Shrunk the Kids area. It's really cute. I have to remember to tell my friend about it for their trip in April.

I walked around enjoying the morning and went on Star Tours again. It was soon time for lunch. I went to ABC Commissary and had the Asian Salad with Chicken.

I did a little shopping while waiting for my fast past to Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

I went back to POR to start organizing my stuff for the next day. I did what I could and took the boat to DTD.

I went to World of Disney and picked up a few Christmas presents for my nieces and nephew. I bought so much stuff I had to buy another tote bag to bring it home it. I also stopped at Goofy's Candy Company for a snack.

I went back to the resort for a little bit before going to Epcot for the new F&W festival dining event " Dining Through the Decades: A Tribute to Walt Disney. I stopped at the Festival Center first to pick up the F&W Vinylmation.

I will be submitting a request to the Disney Food Blog to write a review so I can't say much about it here (part of their rules for reviews is they can't be posted elsewhere). So.... If my request is approved and the review is posted, I'll post the link. If not because they are already working on it, I'll add it to my trip report.

I will say if they offer it again.... DO IT!

After the event, I went back to POR for my last night.

Today's firsts
* Honey, I Shrunk the Kids area
* Lunch at ABC Commissary
* Food & Wine Festival dining event

Spook's picture

I hope they accept your request crossfingers