Nikki's November 2012 Trip Report --- w/ pictures --- I'm home! :(

Login to post comments
93 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture

Oy what a rough start you've had! I hope that things are much more magical today.

Allie's picture

Sorry to hear about your crappy flight! Hope you're enjoying the Disney Magic now! mickey

Mase's picture

Yeah.... sorry about the delay, but like Hub said... YOUR THERE!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! yay yay yay

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Jess's picture

Mase wrote:
Yeah.... sorry about the delay, but like Hub said... YOUR THERE!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! yay yay yay

Agreed

Magic Mirror's picture

Wow! really frustrating start ... so glad you got off the ground (twice!) and made it to your castle biggrin
Go have a really nice strong drink, enjoy the smells of Disney and we'll be here when you get back ! awesome

Vettelover's picture

You're there now are the key words so enjoy them to the fullest.

Nikki so glad you made it safely even though the trip down was awful. Have a great and can't wait to read your reports.

mickey

On the ground and ready to R & R Disney Style!!! You deserve all the bits of magic you can scare up!!!

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

JoAnn C's picture

Glad you finally made it. have a great time. hope to meet up with you next week.

nikkirugby13's picture

Howdy All,
We are having a magical time here in Disney!!

I'm trying to share some photos with you but I'be been having trouble uploading them.

On Friday we went to Hollywood Studios and took pictures with Woody & Buzz -- they were wonderful, so much fun!! Great CM's!

nikkirugby13's picture

Tusker House Breakfast was great!!! Highly recommend for both food and characters!!

Magic Mirror's picture

yay so glad you are enjoying yourself!

Mase's picture

Glad your having a great time! Can't wait to hear more!

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

nikkirugby13's picture

Well, sadly enough, I am home from my most favorite place.... Work this week has been crazy, yesterday was my birthday and the hot water heater cracked flooding our basement apartment with 3 inches of water...needless to say, free time has been minimal.... I really wanted to give you all a little something about my trip... and I'll try to focus on the positive...

BTW FYI Photopass + was worth the money! I currently have 215 photos and I haven't added boarders and whatnot to all of them! I think we ended up with 7+ ride photos, Hoop De Doo & Tusker House.

Friday we had a late breakfast at Landscape of Flavors in AOA. We then headed over to Hollywood Studios. I liked the trip to this park the best as the bus ride was shortest.

As soon as we got into the park I went over to guest relations and got my "in-laws" anniversary buttons. They loved them!
We got Fast Passes for RR and headed over to TOT. I am such a baby and hate the anxiety and anticipation of TOT. I went on anyways and screamed my head off as we dropped! Not to mention the resort mug I had hanging from my purse that was half full of water that I ended up wearing....(and you would think that would have been enough to make me not go on again...more on that later... )

After TOT we walked onto RR. My BF's dad is not a big roller coaster person but for whatever reason we thought he'd be fine on RR..... yeah, not so much. He's glad to say he did it, but we spent the next 3 days taking turns pushing his wheelchair!

We had 1:30 lunch/dinner reservations at Mama Melrose's. We had a great meal. I had the grilled tuna it was excellent. My other 3 dining companions all had the Osso Buco. Huge hit here as well! Our server was nice also. Dessert trip was fabulous! (FYI --We dined here as part of the Fantasmic dinner package so we got VIP entrance into the 7:30 show. In the past I have deemed this VIP package a must do as the line to get into the show is outrageous. This time however, I would say it isn't necessary. While the park was steadily crowded throughout the day, the line for Fantasmic wasn't bad at all.)

After lunch/diner we rode Star Tours then walked over to the area about Walt. I love walking through this and we spent some time wandering. It's just so interesting to learn about his life!

We got to see the Lights Motor Action stunt show which is pretty neat " we asked to not have to walk up stairs and they ended up sending us on the longest route possible to the handicap seating, that was a little annoying...we took picture with Buzz & Woody " I LOVED this. Then we headed over to Fantasmic.

Fantasmic is pretty cool. I will say that it is not my favorite night time show but the ability to project those images on the water is pretty spectacular!

We of course enjoyed some Mickey Bars at Fantasmic which was a perfect end to our fabulous first day!

We headed back to the resort exhausted and stopped into Landscape of Flavors for a quick snack before bed.
One important thing I learned after this trip is that I apparently require better dining accommodations than are available at Value Resorts.....

AOA resort was incredible to see, the detail and imagination that went into each section is just astounding! I absolutely had higher hopes that it would be a classier version of a Value Resort " those hopes were dashed the first time I used the toilet paper in the bathroom.... And please don't go to this resort if you prefer ginger ale " it's only available at the pool bar and it doesn't open until noon! -- This probably would not have been a factor if I hadn't of gotten so sick, but I did, and I was more upset about my lack of ability to obtain a glass of bubbly ginger ale!

Tomorrow we head to Animal Kingdom.... (I'll try my best to upload some pictures this evening, if I can find my laptop is the chaos that is my apartment at the moment...)

Mase's picture

Happy Late Birthday!

- 2013 Trip Report!

Allie's picture

Happy belated birthday and can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Vettelover's picture

nikkirugby13 wrote:
After TOT we walked onto RR. My BF's dad is not a big roller coaster person but for whatever reason we thought he'd be fine on RR..... yeah, not so much. He's glad to say he did it, but we spent the next 3 days taking turns pushing his wheelchair!

Oh!my, was he in a wheelchair before the ToT ride?
and Happy belated Birthday. birthday

MrHub's picture

nikkirugby13 wrote:
One important thing I learned after this trip is that I apparently require better dining accommodations than are available at Value Resorts.....

I love it!

birthday (belated)

birthday Nikki belatedly. So sorry to hear about your catastrophe. Sad Looking forward to reading and reliving your trip to WDW.

disneydoc's picture

Happy belated birthday Nikki. I too am excited to read about your trip, and sorry that you got sick. Bummer. yuck

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Magic Mirror's picture

Happy Birthday!. stars

JoAnn C's picture

Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry to hear you got sick. My friend go sick on Thursday. We had the same issue with trying to find her ginger ale. We started looking at DHS, no luck there either.

nikkirugby13's picture

Animal Kingdom was so much fun!

Breakfast at Tusker House was great! Food was delicious and the character meet-ups and picture opportunities were so much fun!

After breakfast we walked right onto the Safari. They changed it up so there is no more "poacher" story. I highly recommend the morning as the animals were all over the place! I loved this!

nikkirugby13's picture

Side note about wheelchairs -- they have a length of stay of option so it's $10 a day per day for the LOS vs. $12 per day.... and you can add days to it... it worked out really well for us.... we paid up front for 3 days and ended up adding an additional day so ti cost us $40 for 4 days vs. $48.... and they gave us coupons that we just had to have stamped each day... made it simple.... high recommendation!

nikkirugby13's picture

We walked through the area w/ the gorillas... it was so cool.... there was a HUGE daddy, a mom and a baby! The baby was so precious.... he was playing with the hay and dancing around... it was really neat to see....

PreviewAttachmentSize
ak_baby_gorilla.jpg
ak_baby_gorilla.jpg1.15 MB
ak_baby_gorillas.jpg
ak_baby_gorillas.jpg1.07 MB

nikkirugby13's picture

We rode on Expedition Everest.... minus my "father-in-law"... he sat this coaster out... laugh laugh

We rode Dinosaur --- love this ride! clapping

Then we saw the Nemo show.... this was really neat, I was very impressed with how professional and well done this show was, completely Broadway style!

PreviewAttachmentSize
ak_nemo_show.jpg
ak_nemo_show.jpg1.18 MB
ak_nemo_show_2.jpg
ak_nemo_show_2.jpg984.47 KB
ak_nemo_show_3.jpg
ak_nemo_show_3.jpg1.13 MB

nikkirugby13's picture

I am a nut for the characters -- i get so excited, like a 5-year-old, when I see them... so we went over to Camp Minnie Mickey -- this was great, and I would highly recommend this for all those "kids" that love meeting the characters.....

PreviewAttachmentSize
ak_pocohantas.jpg
ak_pocohantas.jpg903.76 KB

nikkirugby13's picture

Ohhhh and thanks for all the Birthday wishes! muchlove muchlove

Allie's picture

We loved, loved, LOVED the Finding Nemo show and I am the same with the characters! I get so giddy waiting in line to get my picture with them! Love the trip report so far!

MsVersaci's picture

I;ve never seen the Finding Nemo show. My sister who is a CM HATES it, but I think I will love it. The pics you posted make it look awesome!!!! yay

Wedding Countdown Ticker