What kind of Hot Dog?

Login to post comments
47 posts / 0 new
Karlipants's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/02/2012
Posts: 456
What kind of Hot Dog?

If you could put any toppings on a hot dog, what would they be?

Let's create the ultimate hot dog for Disney!!

__________________

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

Hmm. . .

I am a pseudo-traditionalist when it comes to hot dogs - All beef dog, steamed bun, mustard AND ketchup with relish and diced onion. . .but when I need something a bit fancy, I have found that Hebrew National dogs are quite tasty if they are grilled just enough to have a crispy snap when you bite, and are smothered in grilled sweet onions, with a nice topping of mustard all on a TOASTED bun.

Substitute sauerkraut for the onions when my brother in law is grilling.

I think Walt would approve of these fine dining choices! laugh

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

I like my hot dogs with ketchup - Heinz of course - or sauerkraut if offered.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Ollie wrote:
Hmm. . .

I am a pseudo-traditionalist when it comes to hot dogs - All beef dog, steamed bun, mustard AND ketchup with relish and diced onion. . .but when I need something a bit fancy, I have found that Hebrew National dogs are quite tasty if they are grilled just enough to have a crispy snap when you bite, and are smothered in grilled sweet onions, with a nice topping of mustard all on a TOASTED bun.

Substitute sauerkraut for the onions when my brother in law is grilling.

I think Walt would approve of these fine dining choices! laugh

Agreed

__________________

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2943

Sabrett Onions and some Spicy Mustard- that's all I need.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

I love a good Chicago-style hot dog - mustard, relish, onion, tomato, dill pickle, sport pepper, and celery salt on a poppyseed bun.

I also love a Rhode Island-style "New York System" hot dog with mustard, onion, meat sauce (not chili) and celery salt.

And I also love the Mid-Atlantic equivalent, a "Texas Wiener," with mustard, onion, and chili. (Had one just yesterday, yum!)

And I love Nathan's corn dog nuggets. We call them "corn puppies" like in Ratatouille. We get them at Hersheypark every summer.

So basically, the bottom line is I love hot dogs.

(But never with ketchup, ewww, gross!) silly

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I'm plain and simple - ketchup. Though we usually only eat turkey dogs. Wonder if Disney offers those anywhere!

Though I love the idea of a good pretzel dog. And the Wetzel ones at DTD are not all that good.

Becca1005

'kraut and mustard, that's all I need. And ketchup must never, ever, make contact with a hot dog! silly

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

JeffC wrote:
I'm plain and simple - ketchup. Though we usually only eat turkey dogs. Wonder if Disney offers those anywhere!

Though I love the idea of a good pretzel dog. And the Wetzel ones at DTD are not all that good.

Pretzel dogs! I forgot to mention pretzel dogs. I love those, too. Auntie Ann's are awesome. I dip them in mustard.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Italian Hot Dogs are my absolute favorite. Loaded with seasoned potatoes, peppers, and onions. When I make them now I use veggie dogs, but still love them!

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

That Italian Hot Dog sounds delicious! I'm a big toppings girl (I usually eat burgers and tacos for the toppings, less for the meat) so I'm a fan of a good Chicago Dog as well. I'm really excited to try the gourmet hot dogs at Fairfax Fare next trip, that mac and cheese with bacon and truffle oil hot dog is calling my name! yay

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

crazycatperson wrote:
I love a good Chicago-style hot dog - mustard, relish, onion, tomato, dill pickle, sport pepper, and celery salt on a poppyseed bun.:

I'm a Chicago style girl too, Disney attempted to do one and got it so very wrong. You can not have a real Chicago style dog without a seamed poppyseed bun, and their attempt just fell short. Honestly if I could add a "dog" to the Disney menu, it would be a Maxwell Street Polish. A deep fried polish sausage with grilled onions and yellow mustard. OMG, so to died for.

I've never live anywhere besides Chicagoland that has a fantastic hit dog culture (though I've never been to NYC) and when I lived In California in the 90's the lack of a decent dog was enough to make me cry. My mom used to ship Chicago food to me when I was pregnant so that I could eat what I wanted even though it didn't exists in CA then.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
Italian Hot Dogs are my absolute favorite. Loaded with seasoned potatoes, peppers, and onions. When I make them now I use veggie dogs, but still love them!

I've been known to order a Chicago style with no dog. Pretty much tastes the same to me! Lol!

Sammy Bizzle's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/23/2012
Posts: 241

I like my hot dog with jalapenos, onion, and mustard. Im def a hot dog fan so I think its hard to go wrong. I'll try pretty much any toppings

__________________

That's Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop To You!

Courtney's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/02/2011
Posts: 239

Sliced pickles & marble cheddar or Colby. And NO mustard, on anything... Ever

__________________

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

MsVersaci's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/07/2012
Posts: 99

My favorite hot dog period is avaialbe here in Delaware at Johnnie's Dog House: Monkey Hill Dog

Fried bananas, crispy bacon, crunchy peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey.

It's amazing.

__________________

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Just the old stand-by of mustard, relish, and diced onions for me. Ketchup is banned from my hot dog yuck . Ketchup belongs on fries awesome.

__________________

finngirl's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/11/2012
Posts: 1072

MsVersaci wrote:
My favorite hot dog period is avaialbe here in Delaware at Johnnie's Dog House: Monkey Hill Dog

Fried bananas, crispy bacon, crunchy peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey.

It's amazing.

Now that's a combo I would never have come up with! laugh

__________________

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

Kristen K. wrote:
The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
Italian Hot Dogs are my absolute favorite. Loaded with seasoned potatoes, peppers, and onions. When I make them now I use veggie dogs, but still love them!

I've been known to order a Chicago style with no dog. Pretty much tastes the same to me! Lol!

awesome

Courtney's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/02/2011
Posts: 239

I am finding the mustard vs. ketchup quite amusing. Seems like was all feel strongly one way or the other.

__________________

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

BoBo713's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2012
Posts: 380

A good quality dog, steamed bun, ketchup&mustard, crunchy onions.....oh, yeah.

__________________

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

Belinda's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/09/2012
Posts: 771

Gimme an all beef dog, half way to burned, with ketchup, onions, and tater chips (yes, in the bun!) - no mustard for this chick!

__________________

** BeLiNdA **

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

BoBo713 wrote:
A good quality dog, steamed bun, ketchup&mustard, crunchy onions.....oh, yeah.

There ya go, I'm with you BoBo!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

mrhub wrote:
BoBo713 wrote:
A good quality dog, steamed bun, ketchup&mustard, crunchy onions.....oh, yeah.

There ya go, I'm with you BoBo!


But I could really go for one of those Taco dogs right about now too! Oooh Oooohh! Jeff, how about a Picinic Burger!
Thats double hotdogs with a burger on top and the works!. Yes, yes ,yes, oooooh god yyyyyyeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_1484.jpg
img_1484.jpg179.26 KB
Becca1005

Courtney wrote:
I am finding the mustard vs. ketchup quite amusing. Seems like was all feel strongly one way or the other.

awesome Agreed!

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

OMG that All American Picnic Burger was something else!!! I still talk about it a lot!!

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

i love hot dogs of all kinds, but nothing beets a fenway frank at the game with mustard relish and onions

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

Courtney wrote:
I am finding the mustard vs. ketchup quite amusing. Seems like was all feel strongly one way or the other.

I used to be an "only mustard on the dog" fan, but a college roomie ate ketchup on everything and I was horn-swoggled into having ketchup on hot dogs. I came to find the sweet/salty combo of mustard and ketchup on a good dog quite irresistible.

And I have to rat out Kim to you all . . . She likes MAYO on her dogs. I want to gag. . . yuck

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Ollie wrote:
Courtney wrote:
I am finding the mustard vs. ketchup quite amusing. Seems like was all feel strongly one way or the other.

I used to be an "only mustard on the dog" fan, but a college roomie ate ketchup on everything and I was horn-swoggled into having ketchup on hot dogs. I came to find the sweet/salty combo of mustard and ketchup on a good dog quite irresistible.

And I have to rat out Kim to you all . . . She likes MAYO on her dogs. I want to gag. . . yuck

My daughter dips her hot dogs in mayo as well....lol

__________________

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

Ollie wrote:
Courtney wrote:
I am finding the mustard vs. ketchup quite amusing. Seems like was all feel strongly one way or the other.

I used to be an "only mustard on the dog" fan, but a college roomie ate ketchup on everything and I was horn-swoggled into having ketchup on hot dogs. I came to find the sweet/salty combo of mustard and ketchup on a good dog quite irresistible.

And I have to rat out Kim to you all . . . She likes MAYO on her dogs. I want to gag. . . yuck

I'm not a big fan of ketchup on anything, not just hot dogs. I prefer mayo and mustard or barbecue sauce on hamburgers, and the only way I'll put ketchup on French fries is if the fries are soggy and tasteless AND there's no barbecue sauce available. Actually, I mostly use ketchup in cooking, not as a condiment.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Ollie wrote:
And I have to rat out Kim to you all . . . She likes MAYO on her dogs.

eek eek eek That is most disturbing.....

silly

crazycatperson wrote:
..the only way I'll put ketchup on French fries is if the fries are soggy and tasteless AND there's no barbecue sauce available.

This made me realize that I categorize french fries by type and then determine whether ketchup, malt vinegar or just plain salt is most appropriate for optimal enjoyment.

I think that I just found myself most disturbing as well....