What?!?!? There's a 180 day + 10 thing?

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
taratru's picture
What?!?!? There's a 180 day + 10 thing?

So I can actually book ADRs at 190 days? Am I reading this correctly?

Miss Mikki's picture

I booked from the UK and the confirmation that lists everything included in the package said 190 days for booking ADR's. I didn't mention it before now as I thought it might just be a special UK package (we also got free counter service dining).

no ticker Sad

Becca1005

Yes, but it starts 180 days from the first day of your reservation. 180 days out from the first day, you can make reservations for up to the next 10 days. So if you're booked for Oct 1st through October 10, 180 days out from Oct 1st you can make ressies for the entire trip. Smile

taratru's picture

So since I'm only staying for 5 days, I can start making ressies on day 190 for the whole trip?

This is fantastic news! yay yay yay yay

(can you guys tell I'm looking for distractions from grading and teaching and testing right now? wink waiting )

Kat's picture
Kat

taratru wrote:
So since I'm only staying for 5 days, I can start making ressies on day 190 for the whole trip?

(can you guys tell I'm looking for distractions from grading and teaching and testing right now? wink waiting )

From my understanding, it means that you can make reservations for all your nights at 180 days from your first night--so for your 2nd-5th nights, you can do it from 181-185 days in advance.

Fall 2015: Master's Degree Graduation Trip, Details TBD! Can't wait to be back in the World!
Nov. 2014: Baby's First 1/2 Day at the Magic Kingdom; our date day at Hollywood studios
Jan. 2014: Our princess was born!
May 2013: Our POR & DCL honeymoon (& my husband's first Disney trip of hopefully many!)
May 2013: Our Disney-themed wedding

taratru wrote:

Yes we can tell!! And we're excited for you!!! YAY!

You can't book 190 days in advance of your first day stay date. YOu can only book 180 days in advance, and then for the next 10 days beyond your first stay date. So the 10 days goes forward, not backwards.

For example, if we were going on 9/15, and our 180 day date for ADRs is 3/19, I can call on 3/19 (or go online) and make ADRs starting with 9/15, and then make them for 10 days out beyond that - so for 9/16, 9/17, 9/18, etc....

Hopefully that makes sense. Your ADR date starts at 180 days back from your first stay date. The 10 days is for any stay days past that.

JMUDukz's picture

On the 180 day mark, is it better to call or go online?? And can you go online at midnight? I feel like getting ADRs is quite a competition!! I want to make sure I know all the rules! biggrin

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

I'd suggest doing it online. I believe the ADR phone lines open at 7:00 am ET. However, the online booking becomes available an hour earlier, at 6:00am ET. I may or may not have gotten up at 3:00 am PT to make ressies. It worked for me.

At the time, My Disney Experience does not recognize the 180 days plus the 10 days, so one could not make ADRs for the 10 days out, but I found the iPad still had the older version of the dining reservations app, so i could make reservations for those additional 10 days. You might want to play around with it in advance of your ADR day and see what you can and cannot do and how to make it work Smile Or maybe they've since updated My Disney Experience for the 10 days out.

I finished my reservations in < 20 minutes online.

taratru's picture

Womp womp. Sad(

That's okay. I can still be distracted by planning where to go. And whether I should get the DDP standard or deluxe. Or forego it altogether and just start buying giftcards every payday. laugh

Kris1971's picture

I hadn't heard that, but I'm glad you posted it.