Your Greatest Disney Dining Experience..

Login to post comments
31 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802
Your Greatest Disney Dining Experience..

Ok..A little bit of fun here for all you food fanatics out there...I've often said that I eat with my eyes, as presentation is almost as important as the taste of my meal..So when we dined at California Grill last trip I was blown away with everything,from the ambience,the presentation,the flavours,the perfect wine pairing...It was the Creme de la Creme of all meals I've had at Disney.Tho Jiko was a close runner up...So if you had to pick out just one dining experience that tops your list at disney,where was it,and what made it your number one.?...( Fingers X that I haven't asked this question before )

Magic Days's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/02/2012
Posts: 601

Our favorite experience so far has to be Chefs de France. We went as part of the candle light dining package and it made for a very special evening for us all. The food is well prepared presentation was beautiful without being to fussy and our service was very good. Plus we ended the evening with Jodi Benson presenting the story of the birth of our Lord and Savior. Pretty awesome time. I did honestly want her to break out into a little mermaid song. But I'm still good with the whole night. We have booked another package for this December but as chef sold out so fast see are trying the rose and crown and will see Chita Revira I would also be ok if she wanted to add in anything from her Tony award winning shows on broadway.

__________________

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

We've had several excellent meals at Disney restaurants, so it's hard to pick just one. But if I had to, I'd go with that dinner we had at The Wave in the Contemporary last month. Best swordfish I've ever had, and everything else was just as good. Especially the service, and that wonderful wine our server recommended.

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

crazycatperson wrote:
We've had several excellent meals at Disney restaurants, so it's hard to pick just one. But if I had to, I'd go with that dinner we had at The Wave in the Contemporary last month. Best swordfish I've ever had, and everything else was just as good. Especially the service, and that wonderful wine our server recommended.

Thanks for your recommendation..We have an ADR here soon and my DW loves fish.. awesome We both tried Swordfish on the Greek Islands and loved it..

BarbaraB's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/13/2014
Posts: 402

Victoria and Albert's, hands down. Stay tuned to my trip report (CLICK HERE) for full details.

__________________

~ Barb ~

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I suppose this is not the place to yell "COSMIC RAYS!!" biggrin

I agree with ccp - we finally tried The Wave last September and were really surprised and pleased with the entire experience. The food was great, the atmosphere was great. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

But I'd still go with Yak and Yeti as my place to go if I only had 1 choice. For me, it has the best variety of foods I actually like (I'm picky and don't really like all the fru fru stuff), and everything I've had there, from the fish to the burger and the skewer thingies, as just really good.

And now, a few words about the Mango Pie..... muchlove muchlove

A least I'm a somewhat cheap date laugh

designedbydisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2013
Posts: 591

I second cosmic rays, best food on site... The children's p&b tastes as good as it did 20 years ago.. Plus sonny makes that place.... Other then that we love Sci fi, I can eat fancey in London.... But where can you do that?

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

My absolutely favorite Disney Restaurant of all is Palo on the Disney Dream. Many courses of delicious Northern Italian fare excellent service, I just really really a joy to eat there.

Of course, I haven't been to V&A yet so that may change some day.

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

Mine is the Garden Grill at Epcot. We've been twice (third visit is in a few weeks biggrin ) and the food and characters have been great both times. However, last year our waiter Patrick made our dinner even better. He was great! I hope he's there when we go this time crossfingers

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Great choices folks..Keep em coming... awesome

Jessalynn27's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/22/2013
Posts: 157

We did a few Signature Dining restaurants this trip and a few regular table service meals.....I would have to say Yachtsman Steakhouse and California Grill were a tie in my book as far as the service/atmosphere/food. Although I will say we really did not have a bad meal the entire time.

__________________

jw24's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2013
Posts: 999

I've done mostly counter service so as of now, I think for me, it's probably Be Our Guest lunch. The wait was a bit long but it was worth it. Being a fan of Beauty and the Beast, I had a bigger appreciation of the actual restaurant and the food was good. Down the road, you can bet I'll have better dining experiences as I vow to venture to more table service meals for future trips!

__________________

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

count me in on Cosmic Rays ... yay

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Unfortunately Cosmic Rays don't serve this beastie.. waiting

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg146.94 KB
The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

BarbaraB wrote:
Victoria and Albert's, hands down. Stay tuned to my trip report (CLICK HERE) for full details.

The exact same for me.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

The Colonel wrote:
BarbaraB wrote:
Victoria and Albert's, hands down. Stay tuned to my trip report (CLICK HERE) for full details.

The exact same for me.

Ditto!

JeffC wrote:
I suppose this is not the place to yell "COSMIC RAYS!!" biggrin

I agree with ccp - we finally tried The Wave last September and were really surprised and pleased with the entire experience. The food was great, the atmosphere was great. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

But I'd still go with Yak and Yeti as my place to go if I only had 1 choice. For me, it has the best variety of foods I actually like (I'm picky and don't really like all the fru fru stuff), and everything I've had there, from the fish to the burger and the skewer thingies, as just really good.

And now, a few words about the Mango Pie..... muchlove muchlove

A least I'm a somewhat cheap date laugh

COSMIC RAYS!!!!!! gaah gaah Okay, thats it! The first time we meet-up at WDW, I am treating you and Joe to the California Grill.

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

The Watchmaker wrote:
Unfortunately Cosmic Rays don't serve this beastie.. waiting

How many people is that beastie supposed to serve? A family of four?

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

The Colonel wrote:
BarbaraB wrote:
Victoria and Albert's, hands down. Stay tuned to my trip report (CLICK HERE) for full details.

The exact same for me.



Count us in the Victoria and Albert's column. Best Meal Ever.

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

MrHub wrote:
JeffC wrote:
I suppose this is not the place to yell "COSMIC RAYS!!" biggrin

COSMIC RAYS!!!!!! gaah gaah Okay, thats it! The first time we meet-up at WDW, I am treating you and Joe to the California Grill.

Deal! But only if we get to treat you and scrappy to Cosmic Rays the next night! I can teach you all the words to Sonny Eclipse's songs!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

JeffC wrote:
MrHub wrote:
JeffC wrote:
I suppose this is not the place to yell "COSMIC RAYS!!" biggrin

COSMIC RAYS!!!!!! gaah gaah Okay, thats it! The first time we meet-up at WDW, I am treating you and Joe to the California Grill.

Deal! But only if we get to treat you and scrappy to Cosmic Rays the next night! I can teach you all the words to Sonny Eclipse's songs!

Deal!! Actually Scrappy had a burger at Cosmic Rays in May and it was not that bad.

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

The Watchmaker wrote:
Unfortunately Cosmic Rays don't serve this beastie.. waiting

But the Yachtsman doesn't have this beastie yay yay yay

PreviewAttachmentSize
images_1.jpg
images_1.jpg14.14 KB
__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

California Grill, hands down. The food, the atmosphere, the service, the view, the presentation...it was all perfection. muchlove

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

Oh Bright Little Star, Planetary Boogie, Gravity Blues...and a fixin's bar! What else in this universe do you need?

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

We have just came back in the last few days and I would have to say the yachtsman we had the loveliest waitress called lulu and she was fantastic - even came running after us when we left our ponchos!!! And I'm still dreaming of the food!!! It was out of this world

We didn't really have a bad meal the whole time but some definately stood out more than others!!!!

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

amy1989 wrote:
We have just came back in the last few days and I would have to say the yachtsman we had the loveliest waitress called lulu and she was fantastic - even came running after us when we left our ponchos!!! And I'm still dreaming of the food!!! It was out of this world

We didn't really have a bad meal the whole time but some definately stood out more than others!!!!

LuLu...I wonder what she was doing now..LOL...( scottish singer ) Glad you enjoyed YS...It's our first ADR...Off to Manchester this morning..Never used my Mazda sat nav yet..Fingers x... crossfingers

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

Haha trust me it was a different lulu!!! You will not be disappointed honest have fun on the drive I found it no problem and I consider myself to be a bit blonde!!! (No offence to blondes but I can be ditzy!!!) and I didn't get lost once!!!!

Brinbunny's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/23/2014
Posts: 645

amy1989 wrote:
Haha trust me it was a different lulu!!! You will not be disappointed honest have fun on the drive I found it no problem and I consider myself to be a bit blonde!!! (No offence to blondes but I can be ditzy!!!) and I didn't get lost once!!!!

So glad you are home Amy and that you found Manchester airport ok, it's easy enough but knowing its position can be a bit daunting.

Hope jet lag goes soon - because I want to hear about your trip!!!!

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

We did your not flying from manchester are you? I thought you were travelling from London but if you need any help with manchester I sent the watchmaker a beautifully HUGE essay about navigating around Manchester airport!!

I have sat hav in the car but good ole Google maps on the phone and signs were what got me there!!!

I have to get over jet lag, unpack and sort 9 bags out then TR time haha!!!

Have an AMAZING time!!!!!

Brinbunny's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/23/2014
Posts: 645

amy1989 wrote:
We did your not flying from manchester are you? I thought you were travelling from London but if you need any help with manchester I sent the watchmaker a beautifully HUGE essay about navigating around Manchester airport!!

I have sat hav in the car but good ole Google maps on the phone and signs were what got me there!!!

I have to get over jet lag, unpack and sort 9 bags out then TR time haha!!!

Have an AMAZING time!!!!!

Nope I am going from gatwick, but used Manchester for work a few times in the past. Hehehe.

9 bags!!!!! Woah!!!

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

I thought so but then had doubts!!! It wasn't bad I have to say!!! Oh yeah 2 large cases, 3 holdalls, 2 small cases and 2 handbags oh and a bag from our night at manchester airport!!! Phew!!! Haha

oHIo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2014
Posts: 844

The Watchmaker wrote:
Ok..A little bit of fun here for all you food fanatics out there...I've often said that I eat with my eyes, as presentation is almost as important as the taste of my meal..So when we dined at California Grill last trip I was blown away with everything,from the ambience,the presentation,the flavours,the perfect wine pairing...It was the Creme de la Creme of all meals I've had at Disney.Tho Jiko was a close runner up...So if you had to pick out just one dining experience that tops your list at disney,where was it,and what made it your number one.?...( Fingers X that I haven't asked this question before )

Impossible to pick just one!

The most fun was 50's Prime Time Cafe in HS. The whole restaurant reminded me of my home growing up during that time period. The waiters & waitresses as aunts, uncles and cousins were just a hoot! Never had a peanut butter & jelly shake before but it was quite tasty!!

BOG for dinner was lovely. I felt like I should have been dressed in a ball gown! The seafood in puff pastry was wonderful!

Le Cellier's fillet mignon w/mushroom risotto was amazing! But I've heard some changes have been made recently

ADR at Sana at Kidani on 10/19. Looking forward to the bread service and the soup. Yum!

Bucket list is Victoria & Alberts. Maybe for my next significant birthday or anniversary....

We have reservations in Jan 2015 for California Grill and BOG.

All this food talk is making me hungry! biggrin