2013 discount!

Login to post comments
21 posts / 0 new
2013 discount!

Hey gang-

A little bit of good news... my Disney TA just emailed me and told me about a special discount for Disney Visa cardholders. It is a 25% room discount for value resorts, and 30% (I believe) for all other rooms. I'm also not sure of the exact dates, but it definitely applies to our stay (1/14-1/19). I looked for it on the WDW site, as well as other places, and haven't seen it yet. I just figured it would be something for you guys to be on the lookout for...

Still keeping fingers crossed for free DDP!!

MrHub's picture

Its on the Disney Rewards web site.
Discounts for Disney Visa 2013 - Magic Your Way Packages 2013
Discounts for Disney Visa 2013 - Room only

MrHub's picture

Yeehaa! Just saved $1600 on our January trip. Thanks for the heads up Strummer77!
stars yeah yeah banana banana stars

TroyW's picture

mrhub wrote:
Yeehaa! Just saved $1600 on our January trip. Thanks for the heads up Strummer77!

Thats great!!!! Now you got extra cash to buy more toys biggrin

Vettelover's picture

mrhub wrote:

WOW that is great news. That savings is more than just pocket change. eek awesome yeah

finngirl's picture

That is a serious chunk of change! It makes going to WDW even more special. awesome

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

MrHub's picture

Vettelover wrote:
mrhub wrote:

WOW that is great news. That savings is more than just pocket change. eek awesome yeah

Yeah that's going towards our June trip with Tom & Del probably.

Mrhub, that's AWESOME!!! clapping yay clapping yay

My TA got both discounts for me and I ended up shaving almost $500 off our trip. I was hoping for Free Dining but at this point it really doesn't matter!

Allie's picture

mrhub wrote:

Wow! That discount is not messing around! What a great surprise! yay

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

mrhub wrote:

Whoa, that's nuts! clapping clapping

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

nikkirugby13's picture

This is wonderful news. I too am hoping for for the free DDP for my trip in Febuary for the Princess half marathon. I don't have a Disney Visa card thought to take advantage of this deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a release to the general public, I heard a rumor that might happen on the 10th of October!! waiting

MrHub's picture

Well Nikki, I don't know about the free DDP, but the discount through visa is going to be released to the general public on the 10th. Visa card holders just got an early release, Disney is only holding so many rooms for the discount. The CM I spoke with also said not to plan on seeing the 40% discounts again anytime soon. They are off the tables for a while. But I won't complain about a 35% discount.

nikkirugby13's picture

laugh Thanks for the info MrHub.
Much appreciated! mickey

Nancy D's picture

Okay, so that means general public discounts are right around the corner, right?

And the rumors are October 10th??

They DO block out a certain number of rooms JUST for this particular discount, right? I've booked our January trip at Pop, because all the AoA Mermaid rooms were full. So, is it likely when the discount rolls out, they'll "open up" more rooms in AoA just for this discount??

Nancy D's picture

Nevermind, y'all. I just clicked on mrhub's link above, and this discount doesn't apply to the standard rooms at AoA. BUT, it does apply to pop, so I'll just hold my breath until it's released to the general public!!

You guys are ALWAYS such a wealth of info!! I love this place! (sniff)

salejune's picture

Me too Nancy!

taratru's picture

I called to ask about free DDP and didn't get it, but got that discount on rooms that my mother in law had already booked. She had used AAA and saved $700 already, and the wonderful Disney agent knocked off another $500!!! I'm the daughter in law of the year. muchlove

Nancy D's picture

taratru wrote:
I called to ask about free DDP and didn't get it, but got that discount on rooms that my mother in law had already booked. She had used AAA and saved $700 already, and the wonderful Disney agent knocked off another $500!!! I'm the daughter in law of the year. muchlove

Yes you ARE the daughter in law of the year!! That's AWESOME!

I was hoping to score a room in AoA Little Mermaid, but they were a) all sold out and b) not part of the discount, but I WAS able to shave $600 off our Pop Century rooms. Yessssss!

dewingedpixie's picture

Note to self apply for disney visa at the begining of the year! This could save us a boat load for our wedding! Thank you!

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Courtney's picture

It sucks that the Disney Visa is not available to Canadians.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

dewingedpixie wrote:
Note to self apply for disney visa at the begining of the year! This could save us a boat load for our wedding! Thank you!

Very true! A college roommate of mine got one only because she could charge stuff for her wedding to it and then use the points she got on their Disney cruise honeymoon.

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!