The Crystal Palace VS. 1900 Park Fare: Breakfast buffet

Login to post comments
6 posts / 0 new
AnnielovesDisney's picture
The Crystal Palace VS. 1900 Park Fare: Breakfast buffet

I have an ADR booked for both the CP & 1900 breakfast this fall and I don't know if I should keep both. I would love any and all opinions about CP & 1900 breakfast buffet. Even if you've only been to one I'd love to hear about it. We are 2 adults, no kids so the characters aren't that important to us, but we do enjoy them. So if you have any opinions on the characters or atmosphere I'd like to hear about that too.

A little info about the food we like so you know what we're looking for in a buffet. We are picky(kinda' boring) eaters. We are definitely NOT foodies! The only meat I eat is chicken unless it's a burger which I always order "like a hockey puck XXX well done." DH is a steak, ribs, burgers and potatoes man and when I serve vegetables he says I'm trying to kill him laugh For both of us, HATE isn't a strong enough word to describe how we feel about all things seafood.

BUT we love breakfast. Regular, typical American breakfast buffets are our favorite kind of buffet. Let's just say I doubt either of us will be trying the Strawberry soup at 1900 wink

Allie's picture

We've only done 1900s last September but we enjoyed it. It was four adults there and the character interaction was still good and the food was good. It had a lot of standard buffet breakfast food with some other fun options. And I do recommend doing the strawberry soup! We put it in a mug and drank it, it tasted just like a strawberry smoothie!

Figments Girl's picture

We have done both character breakfasts. I think the food is pretty much the same at both places: made to order omelettes, bacon, sausage, breads, etc. we love the Pooh characters so we really like going to Crystal Palace for that reason. The advantage of 1900 Park Faire is that you can go there if you decide to have a non-park day!

Brinbunny's picture

I am a solo traveller and still had great interactions at both places.

I loved 1900 park fare for 3 reasons. Mary Poppins, mickey waffles and breakfast pizza. The room is also really pretty. I did CP for dinner and it was ok but I realise That is comparing 2 different meals.

I would possibly keep both, as Figments Girl says you don't have to do a park day if you are at 1900 Park fare,

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Thanks for the reviews. At this point I'm going to keep both but one of them will probably get cancelled. Since I posted this I have added an O'hana breakfast for our Thanksgiving/Anniversary trip and we're definitely keeping that one awesome

Allie wrote:
And I do recommend doing the strawberry soup! We put it in a mug and drank it, it tasted just like a strawberry smoothie!

I can't eat strawberries for medical reasons but I might be able to convince my DH to at least take a sip.

Kristen K.'s picture

I did 1900 a couple of years ago with all adult friends, and frankly I was rather disappointed in it. The food was just "meh," it was super crowded, and the staff seemed to be really rushing us, many of the characters passed over our table and we had to get someone to make them come back to us. Once they came over the interaction was great, but I hated that we had to ask. Also the location we were sitting in was not very pretty or interesting. I would probably go with Crystal Palace if those were my two choices.