I hate Winter

Login to post comments
36 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803
I hate Winter

I just need to take a moment and kvetch a bit about how much I hate winter in Northern Illinois.

Now, I do realize that we were very blessed with a super mild December and first half on January, but now that Winters been here for almost two weeks. I'M Done!!

Hate the cold, REALLY hate the snow, slushy, wet and gross gross gross! All my husband seem to be doing lately is talking about how badly we want to move to Florida.

Is anyone else done with Winter already?

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

We got our first snow of the winter this weekend, and I'm already tired of it! Its been so mild up until this point, that it almost has me believing we'd get away with no snow in PA this winter. Which would have been fine with me.

__________________

subvetss's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/30/2009
Posts: 569

I know what you mean. It's only going to get in the high 70's today and probrbly get as low as 60 tonight Brrrrrrr! It might be a bit breezy when I go for a walk today.
Joe in south Florida

PreviewAttachmentSize
im_a0004.jpg
im_a0004.jpg344.9 KB
__________________

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Tongue yuck Tongue yuck Tongue Hey Joe can you see me sticking my tongue out at you. laugh Like the others We only recently received our first taste of winter Except for that freak storm at Halloween when I was touring WDW with you awesome and already I am longing for the good old summertime.

__________________

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

subvetss wrote:
I know what you mean. It's only going to get in the high 70's today and probrbly get as low as 60 tonight Brrrrrrr! It might be a bit breezy when I go for a walk today.
Joe in south Florida

How far is that walking path from where you live Joe? It looks fantastic.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Here's someone who doesn't seem to mind it much:

Ryry991's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2012
Posts: 216

Brad I love that video! Kristen, here in Southern Ca it was 80 degrees on Christmas! Today we had our first rain of the winter season...

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Winter is fun as a backdrop for Christmas. And then I'm over it. Join us in Florida, guys. We picnicked on the beach yesterday and my regular walking route looks a lot like Joe's.

__________________

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

I've officially fallen out with all Florida residents now laugh It's not snowing here yet, but it's cold.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

subvetss's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/30/2009
Posts: 569

Brad wrote:
subvetss wrote:
I know what you mean. It's only going to get in the high 70's today and probrbly get as low as 60 tonight Brrrrrrr! It might be a bit breezy when I go for a walk today.
Joe in south Florida

How far is that walking path from where you live Joe? It looks fantastic.

About 10 minutes in traffic Brad. Do it at least 4 times a week. Used to take Jan there for walks.

Joe

PreviewAttachmentSize
im_a0008.jpg
im_a0008.jpg158.4 KB
__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

I'm not a big fan of winter.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

It has arrived with a vengeance in my neck of the woods (Pacific Northwest) and while I do love having seasons, I am not loving this sudden, screaming winter. Of course at the moment, I really don't like anyone who lives in the warmer climes, either.

60 and breezy sounds like heaven. It is 28 and " brisk" here.

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

There's a reason why we moved from Minnesota.... laugh I will never miss the bone chilling cold and massive amounts of snow. Ever. Again!

Joe has Reynauds and the cold weather can trigger his symptoms, even here in Charlotte. His hands and feet start turning blue or white and get ice cold. So I think we will eventually need to move further south. And you can only guess where I have my sights set....

eek biggrin clapping eek clapping biggrin eek

Offline
Joined: 08/20/2011
Posts: 397

We finally got snow on Friday and yesterday it all melted and rained but today it is cold again but the snow is gone. I booked our trip in February this year because I thought I would be totally tired of all the snow and the windchills and the brrrrrrrrrrrr!! I hate to admit it but this year winter has been great so far BUT I am expecting a cold March and late spring since winter has been so mild. I do agree though winter can be so blah.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Hooray! Woke up this morning and all of the snow is gone. Its going to be 49 degrees today. Here's to more mild winter days like today! clapping

__________________

Offline
Joined: 11/16/2011
Posts: 416

We had ice over the weekend and our kids ran out the door not listening to us (Of course that's not anything new) refusing to walk on the part my husband had put sand on and fell flat on their bottoms. We stood back on the sand and laughed at their misfortune. It all melted the next day and now we just have wind and lots of it. I kind of wish we would get a big snow so I can help my kids make a snowman and go sledding.

__________________

subvetss's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/30/2009
Posts: 569

I am 75 years old. I was raised in the N.Y. Catskill Mts. We always had plenty of snow. I'm glad they keep it there.
Joe

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Oh my gosh Brad that video is adorable!

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3718

I usually don't mind winter, but the last couple of winters have been pretty nasty here in Pennsylvania, and I'm really hoping we get a relatively mild one this year. I don't want Florida warmth. Something like what they usually get in North Carolina would be really nice.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

crazycatperson wrote:
I usually don't mind winter, but the last couple of winters have been pretty nasty here in Pennsylvania, and I'm really hoping we get a relatively mild one this year. I don't want Florida warmth. Something like what they usually get in North Carolina would be really nice.

Most people have told me that theirs has been mild so far. It has been here (which is pretty normal, the previous couple of years were anomalies). Has yours been mild so far?

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

North Carolina has indeed been very mild this season. in 2010, we had snow on Christmas day, and a nasty snow and ice storm in mid-January 2011. So far, only a few days below 32 at night. Today is supposed to be in the low 60's, with sunny and upper 50's to low 60's all week next week.

yay

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Near 60 degrees tomorrow in PA! WOO HOO! This is my kind of winter!

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Mid-50s tomorrow here in Connecticut.

Kris - what part of PA are you from?

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

JoAnn C wrote:
Mid-50s tomorrow here in Connecticut.

Kris - what part of PA are you from?

I'm about 1/2 way between Allentown and Philadelphia out in the country.

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Kris1971 wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Mid-50s tomorrow here in Connecticut.

Kris - what part of PA are you from?

I'm about 1/2 way between Allentown and Philadelphia out in the country.

I'm from western PA. I grew up in Punxsutawney.

__________________

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

JeffC wrote:
North Carolina has indeed been very mild this season. in 2010, we had snow on Christmas day, and a nasty snow and ice storm in mid-January 2011. So far, only a few days below 32 at night. Today is supposed to be in the low 60's, with sunny and upper 50's to low 60's all week next week.

yay

Must be nice for you down there in Charlotte! I'm stuck here in Boone and its just obnoxiously cold, but no snow. My feelings about winter are that I only like the cold if it's gonna snow and get my classes cancelled!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Nice and warm here all week in Disney World!

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

mrhub wrote:
Nice and warm here all week in Disney World!

I hope you can feel my jealous glares from 3 states away! laugh

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

JoAnn C wrote:
I'm from western PA. I grew up in Punxsutawney.

Punxsutawney...so I'm guessing you know Phil. LOL! I love PA. Its such a beautiful state!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Jessi5989 wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Nice and warm here all week in Disney World!

I hope you can feel my jealous glares from 3 states away! laugh

ditto Tongue

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

I am jealously staring from NH BUT it has been a reletively good winter and right now it is POURING rain, thankfully, cause if it were snow, we would have it up the wazoo eek, sort of like the submarining dog Brad posted a few days ago.

__________________