Kristen's Last Minute Pandemic Stay (Sept 2020)

Login to post comments
4 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Kristen's Last Minute Pandemic Stay (Sept 2020)

Ack! So... I've got an impromptu trip going on. Katie needs some Mom time so I am going to take the risk and head on down. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and get into a Park yet. Probably not, it just might be a little too risky for my comfort.

When: Sept 14th - 17th, 2020
Where: 1 Bedroom Villa, Disney's Rivera Resort
Who: Kristen K.

My whole itinerary is hanging out at the Resort with Katie and maybe taking a stroll through Disney Springs. I don't think I feel quite safe enough to go to a Park. It will be nice to see the new resort and my room look amazing. Hopfully I'll be able to take a bunch of pictures and just relax a bit. My airline ticket cost a whole $50. How can I not go?

JoAnn C's picture

We're just going to miss each other. I leave on the 13th. Hope you have a nice and relaxing time.

MrHub's picture

Kristen from everyone I talked to, the parks are dead!I say go for it. We are coming down Sept 19 as long as my work doesnt make me quarantine when I get back.

Kristen K.'s picture

MrHub wrote:
as my work doesn't make me quarantine when I get back.

This is why I'm going alone. Tori is a little salty, but she would have to quarantine on return so she's staying home.

While I've got 3 nights on this trip, It's really only 2 full days instead of my usual 4. I didn't worry about maximizing my time on the ground via specific flights, instead I went for the cheapest option. I was talking to a local yesterday and they were also telling me that the Parks are mostly empty and I should go. I'm still mulling it over in my head, we'll see what the budget allows.