Road Trip To SSR November 2019 - Live! 11/15 - 11/21

Login to post comments
18 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Road Trip To SSR November 2019 - Live! 11/15 - 11/21

November 16th - 21st, 2019
Preferred 1 Bedroom Villa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort.

My youngest daughter is moving to Florida! I'll be driving down with her, before she drops me off at the Walt Disney World Resort for four nights to get in some work before flying home. Yes, it's a rough job trotting around property taking pictures and making notes for articles but someone has to do it! Right now I'm just making my list of things I need to see and trying to get it all together.

• Saturday 11/16 - Hit the road for Florida! 18 hours of drive time expected with breaks every 2/3 hours and one overnight someplace in south Georgia.
  • Sunday 11/17 - Back on the road, ETA Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort sometime in early afternoon. Dinner at Artists Palatte, Pool Time PM, Campfire?
  • Monday 11/18 - Skyliner from DHS to Caribbean Beach (yes, I'm really going to do it). Lunch at Banna Cabanna. Afternoon at Disney Springs. Xmas Tree Trail, Santa, Stitch's Gift Hunt, Coca-Cola Bear, Coca-Cola Bar, Pizza Ponte to go.
  • Tuesday 11/19 - Pool time AM, Holiday Monorail Crawl, New Holiday Fireworks from Top of the World
  • Wednesday 11/20 - Pool time AM, Coronado Springs, Nature Walk, Three Bridges Bar & Grill, Barcelona Lounge, Dahlia Lounge.
  • Thursday 11/21 - SSR Derby Dash, Breakfast at Artists Palatte, Check-out, Fly home out of Sanford

I still have a LOT of open time in my plans that probably won't be filled in until the last minute. I would like to try for at least one Park day, but as this is another trip being done without much of a budget I don't know if that will happen. We shall see! If I am able to swing a park day or two I'm going to be hard pressed to decided which one.

Spook's picture

Sounds great! I'm bummed we have no fall trip this year sad I want to check out the new additions at the Christmas party.

Kristen K.'s picture

I have been know to barter with crash space. laugh

Allie's picture

We just stayed in a preferred 1-bedroom at Saratoga in June! Surprise upgrade from our Preferred Studio. Have so much fun and don't work TOO hard!

Sounds like a great trip!! Super excited about the skyliners and looking forward to your thoughts.

And thank you for taking another one for the team to get some pics and posts. Oh the sacrifices....

Kristen K.'s picture

We made some changes to out plans, adding in a couple of stops for the soul on our way down to Florida.

Friday 11/15 - Hit the road for Florida! 8 hours on the road to Nashville, TN where we will be stopping to visit the Parthenon. After we visit the Parthenon, it's two more hours on the road to Chattanooga where we will spend the night.

Saturday 11/16 - We'll start off the day with a tour of Ruby Falls by taking an elevator 26 stories down inside of Lookout Mountain. There we will get to see a massive underground waterfall. Then we will emerge from the cave, grab some lunch, and hit the road for 8 hours to Valdosta, GA.

Sunday 11/17 - Back on the road, ETA Clermont, FL around Noonish. We'll unpack Katie at her new abode and get her settled in. I have a feeling that I will be talked into dinner with her and her new roomies, after that I will head to Saratoga Springs Resort in the evening to unpack and relax.

Monday 11/18 - Skyliner from DHS to Caribbean Beach (yes, I'm really going to do it). Lunch at Banna Cabanna. Afternoon at Disney Springs. Xmas Tree Trail, Santa, Stitch's Gift Hunt, Coca-Cola Bear, Coca-Cola Bar, Pizza Ponte to go.

Tuesday 11/19 - Pool time AM, Holiday Monorail Crawl, New Holiday Fireworks from Top of the World

Wednesday 11/20 - Pool time AM, Coronado Springs, Nature Walk, Three Bridges Bar & Grill, Barcelona Lounge, Dahlia Lounge.

Thursday 11/21 - SSR Derby Dash, Breakfast at Artists Palatte, Check-out, Fly home

I haven't yet decided where I am flying out of. Originally it was going to be Sanford, but since I am going to lose half a day getting Katie settled in to her new place, I think I want to try and make that up on the back end of the trip.

I waitlisted a 1 Bedroom at Bech Club. I'm not holding my breath to get that, but I figured the worst that would happen is nothing. Staying at the Beach Club would save me some travel time during the trip, plus Stormalong Bay.

Kristen K.'s picture

OK - so I got crazy and waitlisted for Copper Creek Villas too, both waitlists don't cancel until 7 nights before the trip, so let's see where I end up!

JMed's picture

I'm waitlisted for the Riviera for December, thought about waitlisting somewhere else... Maybe I should do that while I am sitting here right now!!

Sounds like a fun trip down. We've been to Nashville for a hockey tournament but didn't get to see much other than rinks and bars!!! And Chattanooga is one of my favorite southern cities. It's only about an hour and a half from where I grew up in Alabama.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Kristen K.'s picture

I would have totally waitlisted for Riviera! You should put in another one too, I think it's kind of fun to spin the wheel and not be sure where I will end up.

Sounds like a fun trip except the skyliner part. I think it is safe to say, I will never experience that.

Kristen K.'s picture

scrappy wrote:
Sounds like a fun trip except the skyliner part. I think it is safe to say, I will never experience that.

The last time I was on a gondola was about 26 years ago. I had a MASSIVE panic attack, there was screaming and ugly crying. It was awful. I don't do well with heights, I don't even look over the railing on the second floor at the mall. I have better coping strategies than I did back then though, plus anxiety meds that I can take before getting on. I'm going to set my mind that I can do it and just get it done. At least that is the plan. I could very well get to the front of the line and chicken out.

JMed's picture

I'm waitlisted for the Riviera for December, thought about waitlisting somewhere else... Maybe I should do that while I am sitting here right now!!

Sounds like a fun trip down. We've been to Nashville for a hockey tournament but didn't get to see much other than rinks and bars!!! And Chattanooga is one of my favorite southern cities. It's only about an hour and a half from where I grew up in Alabama.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Becks534's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

I waitlisted a 1 Bedroom at Bech Club. I'm not holding my breath to get that, but I figured the worst that would happen is nothing. Staying at the Beach Club would save me some travel time during the trip, plus Stormalong Bay.

I will totally and shamelessly crash this trip if that comes through....Just sayin!

Kristen K.'s picture

Becks534 wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

I will totally and shamelessly crash this trip if that comes through....Just sayin!

If you ever need an enabler
I'm your girl.

Kristen K.'s picture

clapping

Got my ticket home in November for just $78! It was a crazy good deal for me on Southwest. Plus, the flight out is late and I expect that the DME won't need to pick me up until about 7:30pm so I will have a whole day to enjoy. I'm a pretty happy camper about this one.

I've been thinking about my food budget and I usually plan on $100 a day. It dawned on me that if I plan out my meals carefully I might be able to get more for my money if I stick with that daily budget but also get the quick service dining plan. I'm going to have to run the numbers in my head but it could work out in my favor. I've never done the quick service plan DDP, have any of you? How did you like it?

Mandy's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
clapping
I've been thinking about my food budget and I usually plan on $100 a day. It dawned on me that if I plan out my meals carefully I might be able to get more for my money if I stick with that daily budget but also get the quick service dining plan. I'm going to have to run the numbers in my head but it could work out in my favor. I've never done the quick service plan DDP, have any of you? How did you like it?

I think I did once a long time ago and I liked it.

Kristen K.'s picture

Thanks Mandy muchlove

Mandy's picture

You're welcome.