Spook's September 2015 pre trip- COMPLETE

Login to post comments
78 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
Spook's September 2015 pre trip- COMPLETE

We are off to the World again this fall awesome This is our first time going in September. We will be there from the 7-21. I'm a little worried about the heat and humidity but I'm hoping that by going to the parks first thing in the morning with a mid day break at the hotel and then heading back to the parks in the evening, we will find it bearable crossfingers

This is will also be the first time we've done a split stay. Our first week is at the Boardwalk ( with a Boardwalk view biggrin ) and then the second week at Beachclub. We've never stayed at either resort before so I'm really excited to check them out. Its very rare for us to hit the pools but we will definatly be checking out Stormalong Bay!

We have 4 ADR's this trip: Lunch at Sanaa and Beaches and Cream and dinners at Garden Grill and Portobello. Besides Garden Grill, they are all new to us. We are also planning on doing walk ups at Trails End, Yak and Yeti and maybe Captains Grille for breakfast. We are going to do MNSSHP and hopefully the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Also, because its so hot this time of year, we plan on taking it really easy. I'm making FP+ and planning out the first week, then the second week we'll just play it by ear. I want to do some resort hopping since thats something we're always to busy to do. Walking the trails at Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness is a must.

Here are our plans so far

Monday Sept 7 Arrive at MCO and take the Magical Express to Boardwalk. Flights aren't booked yet so I'm not sure on the time yet. After we check in, we'll walk to Epcot. I LOVE being able to walk to parks muchlove

Tuesday Sept 8 I've heard that today (the day after Labour Day) is considered the slowest day at Disney so we're heading to MK. The plan is to be there for rope drop, then maybe head to Capt Cooks at the Poly for lunch before heading back to the room for a break. Then we'll head back to MK for the evening.

Wednesday Sept 9 Start off at AK with lunch at Sanaa at 1:15. Hotel break then HS for the evening.

Thursday Sept 10 I'm hoping to be able to do Keys to the Kingdom today. It's a 5 hour tour so afterwards we'll head back to the room. Then Epcot for the evening.

Friday Sept 11 Today will start off with a water park. Not sure which one yet. Then we'll head to DTD where we have dinner at Portobello.

Saturday Sept 12 We'll probably sleep in then head to Wilderness Lodge. We plan on checking out the resort then walking to Fort Wilderness and having dinner at Trails End. Depending on time and park hours we may head to MK for a bit.

Sunday Sept 13 Rope drop at AK. Hopefully get a walk up at Yak and Yeti. Not sure about the evening. Maybe head to a random resort for dinner.

Monday Sept 14 Check out of Boardwalk and into Beachclub. Not sure if we'll hang out at the resort or head to Epcot until our room is ready. Then HS for the evening.

Tuesday Sept 15 Lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream. I plan on getting the No Way Jose mickey Then MNSSHP for the evening

Wednesday Sept 16- Saturday Sept 19 No plans at all these days. We'll just go wherever we feel like that day. This will be a first for us laugh

Sunday Sept 20 As it's our last day we will go to MK. Then dinner at Garden Grill and end the night with Illuminations.

Monday Sept 21 Departure day sad Our flight will most likely be early so we won't have much time to do anything.

Allie's picture

Yeah not going to lie, September is HOT. But, with two weeks there you'll have plenty of time to take things slow and take midday breaks without feeling like you're missing out, so I think you'll be fine. Especially with Stormalong Bay in your backyard! awesome

Allie wrote:
Yeah not going to lie, September is HOT. But, with two weeks there you'll have plenty of time to take things slow and take midday breaks without feeling like you're missing out, so I think you'll be fine. Especially with Stormalong Bay in your backyard! awesome

Totally agree! We were there in2013 from 9/16 - 9/23 or so, and it got super hot and humid. We took mid day breaks at the pool which helped a lot, and would duck into stores along the way to catch a cooling off. Works particularly well going down Main Street USA when you can go inside from store to store down to the hub, pretty much. Hat and sunglasses were pretty helpful too.

We also tried to do more outdoor things in the morning and more indoor things in the afternoon.

What fun!! Great plans. Yay!!!!

JanJ's picture

Sounds like a great trip! Yes, September is hot, but the low crowds make up for it! You will have a great time and it's a great idea to be out early and then back to the resort for the afternoon. mickey

Tiggerbelle's picture

I'm sure our paths will cross at some point! We'll be staying at the Yacht Club Sept 6 - 15. yay And, funny enough, we have lunch ADRs at Beaches and Cream on the 15th too. silly Your plans sound awesome! 2 whole weeks in WDW is heaven. mickey

Spook's picture

Allie wrote:

I'm so glad we are there two weeks for that exact reason awesome

JeffC wrote:
Allie wrote:

Totally agree! We were there in2013 from 9/16 - 9/23 or so, and it got super hot and humid. We took mid day breaks at the pool which helped a lot, and would duck into stores along the way to catch a cooling off. Works particularly well going down Main Street USA when you can go inside from store to store down to the hub, pretty much. Hat and sunglasses were pretty helpful too.

We also tried to do more outdoor things in the morning and more indoor things in the afternoon.

What fun!! Great plans. Yay!!!!

Good idea about outdoor stuff early in the day! My hat will be one of the first things packed laugh

Spook's picture

JanJ wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! Yes, September is hot, but the low crowds make up for it! You will have a great time and it's a great idea to be out early and then back to the resort for the afternoon. mickey

I'm really excited to see how low the crowds are. When you took afternoon breaks, did you find it was too hot to sit on the balcony or was it tolerable?

Are you guys planning a trip in September? If not, you should start Wink

Spook's picture

Tiggerbelle wrote:
I'm sure our paths will cross at some point! We'll be staying at the Yacht Club Sept 6 - 15. yay And, funny enough, we have lunch ADRs at Beaches and Cream on the 15th too. silly Your plans sound awesome! 2 whole weeks in WDW is heaven. mickey

Cool! See you there mickey

alicemouse's picture

Your trip sounds wonderful, Spook! We've done Boardwalk twice, but haven't managed to hit any availability for Beach Club yet.

So that you can hold out some hope for the weather, we've done the week before Labor Day twice and last year we did the weekend before Labor Day. We've never hit weather that week that was too, too terrible. It's hot, yes, but the third week of April 2012 holds the record for us for most miserably hot & humid trip on record. We did hit a tropical storm the week before Labor Day once, but I'll take the random downpours over the sweltering heat!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JanJ's picture

Spook wrote:
JanJ wrote:

I'm really excited to see how low the crowds are. When you took afternoon breaks, did you find it was too hot to sit on the balcony or was it tolerable?

Are you guys planning a trip in September? If not, you should start Wink

Well, we have talked about it - you never know what could happen. Bounce-back offers have a way of just getting booked! wink

Regarding sitting on your balcony - it would depend on if you were in the full sun or not. I found I had to go outside to warm up for a while and then back inside to cool down. laugh

MrHub's picture

Spook don't worry, I think you will like September. Yes it can be hot and humid, but the the more better to get wet on Splash Mt. & Kali River Rapids and then do it all again! The crowds are super low then. I also enjoy the pools better in September when it's really hot. The best part is we will be there too!.

Spook's picture

MrHub wrote:
Spook don't worry, I think you will like September. Yes it can be hot and humid, but the the more better to get wet on Splash Mt. & Kali River Rapids and then do it all again! The crowds are super low then. I also enjoy the pools better in September when it's really hot. The best part is we will be there too!.

awesome awesome awesome

LabCowboy's picture

That sounds like a fantastic trip! We did a longer stay once and it was great knowing you could always come back in a few days if you missed something! Stormalong bay will be perfect in September.. hot weather and empty pools! awesome

Fish are friends, not food!

Spook's picture

59 Days! stars Now that we have been able to make FP+, here is our updates plans

Sept 7 Flight arrives at MCO around 1:20PM. We'll take the Magical Express to the Boardwalk Villas and check in. Our waitlist for a Boardwalk view came through awesome This will be our first time staying there! After check in we are going to have lunch at the Fountain at the Dolphin then head to HS for the last day of Frozen Summer. I mostly just want to see the fireworks but we made FP+ anyway for Indiana Jones, Toy Story Mania and Muppet Vision.

Sept 8 Rope drop at MK. I am determined to see the welcome show for the first time! Lunch will be at Capt Cooks at the Poly. If we need a pool break or nap we'll head back to the hotel or we'll check out the monorail resorts to stay cool in the afternoon heat. We'll return to MK in the evening for FP+ for Space mt, BTMR, and 7DMT. Dinner at Pecos Bills.

Sept 9 Rope drop AK. Lunch at Sanaa ( I'm so excited for this. We've never eaten here before). After lunch will be a nap/pool break. For the evening we'll head over to HS for FP+ TOT, Rockin Roller coaster and Star Tours. Dinner at Pizza Planet.

Sept 10 We have booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour this morning. I think I read somewhere that it includes lunch at Columbia Harbour House ( if it does, it'll be our first time eating there). After a nap/pool break we'll head to Epcot for the evening. FP+ for Captain EO, Test Track, Spaceship Earth. Dinner at Tangeriene cafe in Morocco.

Sept 11 Assuming the weather is nice, we will head to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. If we don't eat at the park, we'll probably grab something at Boardwalk Bakery, the Pizza Window or maybe even the Food Trucks at DTD since that is where we are heading that night. For dinner we have an ADR at Portobellos. We'll probably go to Disneyquest and do some shopping.

Sept 12 MK in the morning. We have FP+ for Small World, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Haunted Mansion. Lunch is at BOG. Afterwards we will head to the Wilderness Lodge and wander the nature trails over to Fort Wilderness. Dinner will (hopefully) be at Trails End. Depending on the time we might stick around to check out Chip and Dale's campfire.

Sept 13 Rope drop AK. FP+ for Safari, Mickey and Minnie meet and greet, Expedition Everest. We're hoping to be able to get a walk up at Yak and Yeti. After our afternoon break we have a free evening. Not sure if we'll go to a park or resort hop or just hang out at the Boardwalk.

Sept 14 Check out of the Boardwalk and into the Beachclub Villas mickey As our room probably won't be ready, we'll head over to Epcot for lunch at Yorkshire County maybe catch the British Revolution. For the evening we'll be at HS with FP+ for Lights Motors Action, Frozen Sing a long, and Fantasmic. Dinner at Backlot Express.

Sept 15 We have a lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream where I plan on getting the No Way Jose. We are attending the MNSSHP this night and have FP+ for Haunted mansion, Buzz, and Rapunzel meet and greet. All the FP+ are of course before 7PM. We plan on not doing any rides during the party and just doing party stuff. And of course trick or treating!

Sept 16 to Sept 20 We plan to just wing it these days. Park hop, resort hop, mini golf, DTD, who knows! The only set plans are dinner at Garden Grill on the 20th and a meet up biggrin

Sept 21 Check out day sad Our flight leaves at 11:30AM so we'll have to catch the Tragical Express early.

We also hope to check out the Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour at some point and eat a Mickey pants sundae!

The Watchmaker's picture

Sounds great..You'll love the rope drop at MK...Brings a tear to my eye every trip..Funny enough we've never done a rope drop at AK...Done Epcot and DHS many times..awesome plans.. awesome awesome

JanJ's picture

Great plans Spook. I'm sure we'll see you around, especially at MNSSHP as we are attending the same evening. I also know MrHub is trying to plan a meet up so hope we can meet up a couple of times. Congrats on the Boardwalk view - it is well worth it. awesome

The Colonel's picture

Boardwalk and Beach Club- can't do better than that. Have fun!

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Sounds like a great trip! We're eating at Beaches and Cream for the first time this Thanksgiving and I can't wait to try the No Way Jose!

Spook's picture

JanJ wrote:
Great plans Spook. I'm sure we'll see you around, especially at MNSSHP as we are attending the same evening. I also know MrHub is trying to plan a meet up so hope we can meet up a couple of times. Congrats on the Boardwalk view - it is well worth it. awesome

yay I'm excited for the meet up(Drunk

The Colonel wrote:
Boardwalk and Beach Club- can't do better than that. Have fun!

Thanks! I'm excited to check them out. I'm also excited for Stormalong Bay asa I hear it's great awesome

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! We're eating at Beaches and Cream for the first time this Thanksgiving and I can't wait to try the No Way Jose!

I'll be sure to post a pic and review of it mickey

Belinda's picture

You have a great trip planned! I hope you make it to rope drop - it was on our list, but it just didn't happen. Guess that means we need to go back! I hope you do get to try Yak and Yetti, we really loved it! mickey

** BeLiNdA **

CdnSquirrel's picture

I am doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour too, on the 14th at 8:30 am, and am very much looking forward to it. I hope to learn more about the inner workings of Magic Kingdom. I hear the guides are walking encyclopedias. We're also doing MNSSHP on the 15th too!

Allie's picture

Sounds like a lot of awesome firsts! You do eat at Columbia Harbor House on the KTTKT and that was our first time eating there, as well. We loved it so much we went back a couple of days later.

I wouldn't worry about the heat either. We always go in August and it never seems to bother us. Sure, it's hot but we're so happy to be there that it doesn't stop us. We sit and relax for lunch, go back to the hotel for a mid-day nap (it does suck some energy out of you) and then enjoy the cooler evenings/nights. This is our 3rd trip in 3 years at the end of August so the heat clearly hasn't frightened us away!

Spook's picture

I decided to switch up my spreadsheets this year. Instead of making one on the computer, I decided to go for a new style since I love scrap booking.

One is a fully planned day and the other is for our "free" days.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg87 KB
Spook's picture

Awww I had a feeling they'd be upside down waiting stupid iPad lol

JMed's picture

That's an awesome idea. I was just telling my mom the other day that I wish I had time to scrapbook like I use to. I just can't sit and do it anymore with all the work and the kiddo being older and requiring more attention. laugh

Are you going to scrap the entire trip too??? I bought tons of paper, a book, stickers and such for my birthday trip last year, it's all still in the closet....

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture

JMed wrote:
That's an awesome idea. I was just telling my mom the other day that I wish I had time to scrapbook like I use to. I just can't sit and do it anymore with all the work and the kiddo being older and requiring more attention. laugh

Are you going to scrap the entire trip too??? I bought tons of paper, a book, stickers and such for my birthday trip last year, it's all still in the closet....

I just finished my scrapbook from our October 2014 trip laugh Took almost a year but my last one took almost a year and a half!

Spook's picture

Sitting at the airport awesome ETA is 1:22pm

JanJ's picture

Safe flight Spook! Have a great trip. mickey

Spook's picture

Made it safe. We managed to catch the last night of the Frozen fireworks which was great. Tomorrow is MK and attempting to walk to the Hess/Speedway gas station by Boardwalk. Not sure where it is exactly but I'm sure we'll find it mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Spook wrote:
Made it safe. We managed to catch the last night of the Frozen fireworks which was great. Tomorrow is MK and attempting to walk to the Hess/Speedway gas station by Boardwalk. Not sure where it is exactly but I'm sure we'll find it mickey

have a great time!!!