Best disney moment of 2014?

Login to post comments
28 posts / 0 new
RobynPrincess's picture
Best disney moment of 2014?

Inspired by Kirsten's post about what you are looking forward to in the next year. What has been your best disney moment of 2014?

Mine was of course renewing my wedding vows to Sy in AKL. We had the most amazing day, topped off with our very own dessert party at top of the world lounge.

What about yours?

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Miss Mikki's picture

A fantastic anniversary meal at Narcoosees in July and watching the fireworks afterwards.

no ticker Sad

Mrferret's picture

Paying our final balance just before Christmas for our 2015 trip yay

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

crazycatperson's picture

Giraffes outside our windows at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

93boomer's picture

Getting to spend my birthday at WDW!!

CdnSquirrel's picture

crazycatperson wrote:

I saw an actual live giraffe at the Toronto Zoo a few years ago for the first time. On TV they look big but in real life they are awe inspiring!

Kristen K.'s picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Inspired by Kirsten's post about what you are looking forward to in the next year. What has been your best disney moment of 2014?

I didn't get a Disney trip in 2014. SO depressing.

PreviewAttachmentSize
sad_emoticon_cry.png
sad_emoticon_cry.png37.01 KB
Spook's picture

Mine was our October trip. It was our first trip as DVC members and we spent our anniversary at MK muchlove

RobynPrincess's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
RobynPrincess wrote:

I didn't get a Disney trip in 2014. SO depressing.

Awww but maybe your best moment was booking your 2015 trip?

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

JMed's picture

Our first Food and Wine Festival and signing DVC contracts!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture

Meeting many WDWFGU friends (Robyn, Dee, Spook, Abby, Mandy, Stacy, Skunk, Tara and Heather) bighug

disneydoc's picture

Goodnight kiss at MK on July 4th was pretty awesome, as were the fireworks that beautiful night. muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Mickey2's picture

Having Annual Passes and daily doses of magic. stars

Yes, my name is Mickey

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Mrferret's picture

CdnSquirrel wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:

I saw an actual live giraffe at the Toronto Zoo a few years ago for the first time. On TV they look big but in real life they are awe inspiring!

Whilst not a Disney moment me and Mrs F did get to cross this off our bucket list .
(UK friends if you want to know where this is just inbox me)

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

MrHub's picture

Dessert Party and Wishes Cruise on the Grand One with Disney friends!

Disneylover21's picture

My 22nd solo birthday trip to Disneyland was amazingly awesome,
I also think starting to plan my Disneyworld trip has been fun and
exciting!!!!!! mickey stars

jhugo's picture

Ok so I have a few favorite moments. First getting to spend 5 whole days alone with the DH (we really needed the trip). Second getting to take my best friend to Disney and introducing her to my Disney World. Third was getting the chance to meet people from the forum. It was so much fun and I hope to do it again next trip. clapping

The Colonel's picture

I wasn't even there but it has to be my best Disney moment...

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Kris1971's picture

Doing MK solo for the very first time while on a work trip to Orlando! It was so cool to go at my pace and do everything I wanted to do without having to take someone else's opinion into consideration. I still love traveling with others too, but that was a pretty cool experience!

alicemouse's picture

I think it was running the ToT 10-miler and using the money raised to send my friend's family to Disney. The whole time I was doing that race, I couldn't believe that it was real--that I had actually met all of the goals I needed to both physically an financially to pull it off. And the fact that my friend's health held out and they actually got to go--WOW. I feel really lucky to have been in the right place at the right time to be able to do something like this and that all of the variables that had to fall in line perfectly actually came together.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

LouisianaMike's picture

First Pre-Memorial Day May trip to Disney. Loved the low crowds the week before Memorial Day. awesome

First day rider (entire family) on 7DMT, and fastpass to boot.. No line and even took pics. with CM's at entrance.. awesome

Watching the new parade at MK. It was awesome, except for the rude Spanish people standing next to us watching the parade mad

Getting to ride Maelstrom one last time.. I'll miss that RIDE!! Sad

Being there for the 24 hour opening at MK in May 2014... It was Crazy to say the least!! clapping yay

h0ney227's picture

My best moment was sharing my love for Disney with my husband. Our honeymoon was his first trip there. And now he loves it. Hope our 2015 trio is just as good if not better.

PJsLife's picture

Walking around EPCOT holding hands with my husband. Just relaxing around the Lagoon.

Brinbunny's picture

For me it was being in Disneyworld for the very 1st time, it was a massive achievement considering all the pain, heartache and stress it took to get there, the 5 years of hoping were finally worth it. mickey

EmFord's picture

Evening EMH in an almost empty Magic Kingdom. Riding Splash and Big Thunder with 0 waits and just enjoying the calmness of the night time with the love of my life in my favorite place in the world. muchlove

Jessalynn27's picture

Our honeymoon! Everything about it was absolutely magical. muchlove

Mousedreaming's picture

Best time for the family in 2014: We went March 2014, during Flower and Garden show, and this was the first time we had been there with the food booths. With the 4 of us, it was quite easy to eat around the world. In Italy, my DH was talking to 2 guys in their 20's, and they were all talking about how we were going around the world. The look on DH's face, when the guys were asking about a particular drink, and I had to explain that they were drinking around the world, was kind of amusing.

Best time, just my DD and I for that trip: Tie. We end up getting going earlier than DH and DS. First morning, we walked to Riverside Mill for breakfast, just the two of us, and enjoyed the sites on the way. The other, swimming at Ol' Man Island, before the boys even cracked an eye open.

Best moment to myself: Towards the end of a late night MK park closing, sitting on a rocking chair on the porch in Frontierland, in a nearly deserted park, listening to the music, while the kids were with their dad picking out pins.

Something else I just remembered about that trip. We left late on a Friday, and it was pretty cool to go through a "normal" day thinking "But tonight, I will be sleeping at POR". It was so late when we got there, just us and one other family at registration. It was pretty cool to see an area normally so full of hustle and bustle, be so quiet. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have taken lots of pictures.

*Proud Disney Nut*

Skunk's picture

Being part of the crowd for Off Kilter's final performance on 9-27 was awesome!