MrHub & Scrappy's January 2015 Poly Trip

Login to post comments
24 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
MrHub & Scrappy's January 2015 Poly Trip

Hey all!
Checked into the Poly, got upgraded to Club Level w/MK view in the Hawaii Bldg. Nice view.

Only problem was it was on the second floor with no balcony. Bellman said, "did you asked to be moved, they have plenty of rooms on the third floor empty. Call concierge and sure enough they gave us another room with an even better view!!

Have been hanging out with Ken & Jan, also met up with Angie & Amy, all great people!

More later,

Woot!! Excellent news - yay for the upgrade to the upgrade!! Hope you and Judy have a fantastic time. One of these years we will hang with you guys as well.

PS - love the 2015 gear!!!!

MrHub's picture

Our first night , Friday night, we stayed in the Hilton at DTD. Well let me tell you, we were extremely underwhelmed. To top it off this was our room number.

Yeah, hows that for starting a vacation?

Mrferret's picture

MrHub wrote:
Our first night , Friday night, we stayed in the Hilton at DTD. Well let me tell you, we were extremely underwhelmed. To top it off this was our room number.

Yeah, hows that for starting a vacation?

I would be stoked with that room number laugh

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Awesome upgrade! Did you ask for anything at check-in? We don't have any special requests at our upcoming Boardwalk and don't want to sound greedy "hey got any upgrades?" lol Love that view! I think we did that Hilton too. I think maybe we were expecting the room to be huge and it was just normal.

RobynPrincess's picture

awww love the view and look how sunny it is! Very envious right now Laughing out loud

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

I was watching your webcam, love the view- it's stellar. mickey

OMG the web cam is weird! I'm totally doing that if I get a good view in the room. Very constructionie huh? They must be upgrading to apologize for the noise.

disneydoc's picture

Or upgrading to encourage them to add on some Poly DVC! awesome

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Vettelover's picture

disneydoc wrote:
Or upgrading to encourage them to add on some Poly DVC! awesome

You got it exactly right DD... laugh But nice upgrade nevertheless. cool

The Colonel's picture

Upgrade is always nice. Must be empty now in the world.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Belinda's picture

Loving the webcam!

** BeLiNdA **

Magic Mirror's picture

Thank you for organizing our tour and the TOTW invite....loved being able to meet up and get to see you all "in person"!
yay muchlove mickey

jhugo's picture

Loving the webcam!!!

RobynPrincess's picture

Hope you guys are travelling home safe xxx

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

I still can't believe that hotel had a room number like that. eek

That view from the Poly is really great. awesome

Wishing you a safe trip home.

We should be home early afternoon. Will start a trip report once we are settled. We did have one of our best trips ever! It was a great trip from the "WOW" upgrade to all of our meet-ups. One of the last things we did was to rebook a 12 day trip at the Poly in September using a great bounce back offer.

93boomer's picture

Hope you had a safe journey home!! Yayy for another trip!!! We may try to go in September too!! clapping

Spook's picture

scrappy wrote:
We should be home early afternoon. Will start a trip report once we are settled. We did have one of our best trips ever! It was a great trip from the "WOW" upgrade to all of our meet-ups. One of the last things we did was to rebook a 12 day trip at the Poly in September using a great bounce back offer.

Glad to gear you had such a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it mickey
When in September are you going? We are there the 7-21 awesome

We will be there Sept 12-23. Looks like a meet-up will be happening.

Kris1971's picture

scrappy wrote:
We will be there Sept 12-23. Looks like a meet-up will be happening.

Dang, I will miss you guys by a little over a week. sad

Allie's picture

Oh my gosh that view is gorgeous! And Club Level too! How did it compare to Yacht Club Club Level? And I hear you on the "666"...I have that set in my phone number. Permanently cursed! laugh

We did not really get to see or experience much of club level at the Yacht Club. But, for what we did see, we think the Poly has better food in club level. We have both decided that club level is not for us though. We had it for 8 days at the Poly and mostly only used it for our morning coffee. I could have been happy with breakfast from the lounge but Mrhub wants a full breakfast in the mornings. We were never back the resort to see the spread during lunch. We did stop in one evening before dinner. They did have a good deal of food available but we were going to dinner so I did not really try any of it. Twice we watched the fireworks from the lounge. It was rather chilly that night and we invited Jan and Ken to join us. Watching from inside that night was fun. However, we went in one other night to watch them and the lounge was rather full and very loud. Hard to really enjoy them that way. Every time we were in the lounge it was full of families and they were doing some serious eating. I guess if you were traveling as a family you could save some money by skipping meals and eating in the lounge. We did check out the price difference between the building we request and club level. It was $200 per day for our trip. We did not spend $200 per day on food this trip. (We were using TIW, otherwise we would have). The only other thing Club level gave us that we do not normally get is nightly turn down service with chocolates left on our bed. (We have had that in he other building one trip though although we do not know why we had it).

So, although we did enjoy the experience we would not pay the price difference to stay Club Level.

Kristen K.'s picture

Great analysis of the club level "value."

I love AKL Club level as a DVC member because 1) it gives us daily housekeeping, and 2) I'm usually up before everyone else so I can grab an early breakfast in the lounge. But I've never really done a cost analysis of if those two things are worth the extra points for me. If I really thought about it I might just add on the housekeeping and keep some breakfast food in the fridge.